Whitney Houston passed away on 2/11/12 - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree but it should not be dispensed by MD's not family or friends honestly it is a felony (says so right there on the bottle) AND NOT ON TOP OF ALCOHOL ~ESPECIALLY to a person who is underage!

A totally irresponsible decision on someone's part given the circumstances.
moo

ETA: remember Anna Nicole Smith's son Daniel?
Someone gave him some of her medication and look what happened!
:whiteflag: err on accident or on purpose? I am still :fence: with that whole chit u a tion!

I followed that case, and I always thought someone gave him that medicine, I always thought it was Howard, but nothing came to light about it.

Cubby sorry I didn't mean to answer the question for you. I was posting when you had already posted.

Sorry, dear.

No worries, Filly. I don't think the question was specifically for me. I think sometimes people quote posts as a springboard to continue that line of thinking. :)

A woman in her late 40's sweating might also be having perimenopausal or menopausal symptoms. Hot lights, crowded bars/dance floors, etc. only add to that, plus any drugs.

Breathtaking performance Jennifer Hudson!!!

What a perfect tribute.

I am so sad -- especially understanding the mother/daughter bond so well. I will be the first one to admit that after mom left, I actually thought about being with her. Then I got therapy - quick!

I hope bobbi kristina does the same. Bless her.

Mel

She had a very very close bond with her mom. This is going to be very difficult for her to overcome, imo. Her friends have said that she was like a little mother to her own mother, and she always looked out for Whitney, and felt responsible for her. So she feels GUILTY now that she allowed this to happen. That makes me so very sad.

Well Jennifer made it through the song without crying, but I didn't.

I didn't make it through, either. You could see/hear/feel the sadness and emotion.

This is just heartbreaking.

Cubby you are 100 percent right. I am speaking from experience here. I am a recovering alcoholic on March1st it will be 2 years. But before then no one put a bottle to my lips I did it myself.

Congrats on your recovery!!

Breathtaking performance Jennifer Hudson!!!

What a perfect tribute.

OMG what a fitting tribute! She did well. Hopefully Whitney's family is able to look back on this and get some comfort.

jennifer hudson is one strong lady. more than once, her ability to sing in even the most difficult circumstances has knocked me back. she did it again. just an amazing young woman.

She had a very very close bond with her mom. This is going to be very difficult for her to overcome, imo. Her friends have said that she was like a little mother to her own mother, and she always looked out for Whitney, and felt responsible for her. So she feels GUILTY now that she allowed this to happen. That makes me so very sad.

This, if true, is an enormous boundary violation between child and parent. No 19 yr old child should be parenting their 40 something year old parent. Not ever. She, Bobbi Kristina, did not allow this to happen to her mother. Her mother is responsible for what happened, I hope her daughter realizes that and does not take on the burden of responsibility which is not hers.

There is a fantastic book I am almost finished reading, titled "Where You End and I Begin", by Anne Katherine, M.A. Based on some of the posts throughout this thread, it sounds like it might be a great read for Bobbi Kristina. This poor child, raised by two addicts, is going to need lots of therapy to heal. Not only the loss of her mother, but many other losses as well, that are common among children of addicts.

It said she had been drinking and they have her a sedative. Not that that would make it any better. But it does not say they have her the alcohol. She could have been drinking before she arrived.

The media slathering this around is just another example of why I find them disgusting at times like these.

JMO

It would seem that somebody had to give her the alcohol since 18 is not legal drinking age, is it? I thought it was 21. At least someone had to buy it for her.

I would think that if your are under sedation unless it is anethesia, if you head went underwater, it would wake you up. I wonder if anyone heard her struggle to get out of the tub. It would be pretty hard to drown yourself intentionally because natural reaction would be to pick your head up out of the water. IF she drowned, she would have had to be completely unconscious when her face went into the water, not just asleep.

It would seem that somebody had to give her the alcohol since 18 is not legal drinking age, is it? I thought it was 21. At least someone had to buy it for her.

But this is Grammy weekend in Los Angeles. All of the parties have open bars. And even though the drinking age is legally 21, college aged kids of 19 or so have an very easy time getting served alcohol.

nightclubs and bars don't care even if they are underage celebrities
technically they are breaking the law- but LE can't or isn't enforcing it!
I have seen sooo many pictures of underage celebs boozing it up at bars.
They help themselves to the mini bars in hotels too. I mean do stars even look at their hotel bills?
The drinking age in Cali is 21... unless you are famous
that's how I see it anyway.

This, if true, is an enormous boundary violation between child and parent. No 19 yr old child should be parenting their 40 something year old parent. Not ever. She, Bobbi Kristina, did not allow this to happen to her mother. Her mother is responsible for what happened, I hope her daughter realizes that and does not take on the burden of responsibility which is not hers.

There is a fantastic book I am almost finished reading, titled "Where You End and I Begin", by Anne Katherine, M.A. Based on some of the posts throughout this thread, it sounds like it might be a great read for Bobbi Kristina. This poor child, raised by two addicts, is going to need lots of therapy to heal. Not only the loss of her mother, but many other losses as well, that are common among children of addicts.

You are right about the Boundary Violations. She has seen her parents very drunk and high and she has even called 911 for them when she was younger. So it makes sense that she feels like 'the parent.' But at the same time, Whitney loved and adored her daughter. She was very close to her and very loving and nurturing, so this is extremely devastating for young Bobbi. :rose:

And her dad has a new wife and new family going so this is going to be hard on her too. imo

I cant believe she had the courage to do this much less held up doing it!
Thats one for the record books. Pure devotion.

She looked kind of indecisive at the end after the audience applauded,
then turned, faltered a bit like she didnt know what to do next, and then just
walked off stage to people you could see waiting in the darkened area off stage ...
Unreal. Sad beyond sad. :truce:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member