Whitney Houston passed away on 2/11/12 - Part 2

I don't have cable either ( I don't see any reason to pay for TV) but I saw a clip of the interview on one of the entertainment news shows and BK was talking about her desire to become a dancer and a singer. I don't know that she has a particular talent for either but I don't see it as a good idea for her.
From what i understand she is already dealing with drug usage and with 2 parents who were addicts, she is doubly at risk and the complications of seeking a career in the spotlight is just added stress.
She already has the money and the fame. I just don't see this as a wise choice for her. I see it more as a road to disaster. I wish she would take the time to sit back and recover from losing her mom and not try to fill her mother's shoes but to honor her mother's legacy in a different direction.
It is also being reported that she wants to drop her father's last name and be known by her mother's last name.

Whitney Houston's daughter: 'She's always with me'

Bobbi Kristina Brown gives first interview since her mom's death

Published On: Mar 12 2012 07:34:22 AM EDT Updated On: Mar 12 2012 08:58:59 AM EDT

Whitney Houston's daughter talks to Oprah
NEW YORK -
In her first interview since Whitney Houston's death, daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown said she's "doing as good as I possibly can" and recalled the tender last moments she shared with her superstar mother before her sudden death last month.

"She's always with me," said the 19-year-old, Houston's only child and sole heir. "Her spirit is strong, it's a strong spirit. I feel her pass through me all the time"...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/enter...h-me/-/1718940/9278140/-/wdauftz/-/index.html

ETA: I wasn't sure whether or not we had OWN with our basic cable; we don't.

The interviews were very touching.
Very emotional.

They loved WH so much.

When Gary sang "I Look To You" at the end of the show, I was AMAZED at how well he was doing. How he was keeping it together. Then, he lost it. Broke down and couldn't sing.
:(
Very sad. It broke my heart.

One interesting thing: Pat Houston tells Oprah that Whitney was found in the tub, but says she doesn't know how she got in there. To me that says she was not nude and taking a bath. Otherwise why would you say "I don't know how she got in there"? Isn't that a strange thing to say?

http://www.tmz.com/2012/03/11/whitney-houston-pat-sister-oprah-video/

I watched it and to me it just sounded like she was saying she wasn't there, didn't see it, so didn't want to speculate as to how she got into the tub.

Maybe she was thinking it was possible that Whitney slipped and fell into it, since it was OPRAH who said the family told her Whitney was face down and nude. I didn't actually hear the family say that in the interview themselves.

first thing that crossed my mind when I read that Pat said she didn't know how W. got in there was that W. had overdosed and someone in the entourage put her in a tub of water to try and revive her

there was a food tray in the bathroom with Whitney & it was reported that she took it in there to snack on the turkey sandwich while she got ready

perhaps someone was in the bathroom with her and that person is who put her in the tub

I'm a bit confused though because I thought Pat was at the hotel with W.

I don't have cable either ( I don't see any reason to pay for TV) but I saw a clip of the interview on one of the entertainment news shows and BK was talking about her desire to become a dancer and a singer. I don't know that she has a particular talent for either but I don't see it as a good idea for her.
From what i understand she is already dealing with drug usage and with 2 parents who were addicts, she is doubly at risk and the complications of seeking a career in the spotlight is just added stress.
She already has the money and the fame. I just don't see this as a wise choice for her. I see it more as a road to disaster. I wish she would take the time to sit back and recover from losing her mom and not try to fill her mother's shoes but to honor her mother's legacy in a different direction.
It is also being reported that she wants to drop her father's last name and be known by her mother's last name.

You can see her sing on the you-tube she posted. I am sorry to say that she does not have a great voice. Her voice is just okay at best, and she was singing off key during much of the song. So it made me sad when she said she was going to be a singer and follow in her mom's footsteps. She is always going to be compared to her mom and she is not nearly as talented a vocalist. That is a recipe for disaster.

As for her acting career, I am afraid that she is going to be compared to her mom there as well. And her mom was so naturally gorgeous and they are going to be compared all of the time there too. I am very worried that she will turn to drugs as an effort to deal with the stress.

Oprah's interview with Whitney's family is on now on the OWN network.

The program was re-run several times on OWN last night and the same will be happening tonight, on my Directv package (no extras).

I don't buy Oprah's network so couldn't see it. doesn't seem to be much buzz about it on the internet either. Googled it and only one recent story came up.

TV Guide put-up this story almost immediately:

Bobbi Kristina and Houston Family Open Up About Whitney's Death

TMZ had 2 stories up right away as well (fwiw), one with a glaring error in its headline.

BET weighed-in with its story:

Bobbi Kristina: Whitney Houston Still With Me in Spirit

Cissy was NOT part of the interview, despite what some sites reported.

Each of the above articles has different information about the interview. Rather than quoting snippets, I would suggest anyone interested read them fully.

There were two 'new' issues raised in Patricia's interview that have not yet been mentioned in the articles I've found so far. I'll put those in a separate post.

I found the following 2 issues most interesting if not startling:

1. Patricia's opinion is that Whitney was "chasing a dream" which she explained in so many words as chasing after a younger man. This was the lifestyle choice she seems to feel contributed to Whitney's death as opposed to her use of any drugs or drinking. I wish Oprah had asked a follow-up question so that Patricia would have expanded on this opinion. What exactly did she mean?

2. Patricia talked about the party on the Thursday night prior to Whitney's death. She pointed to her own face in the photos with Whitney as they left the club - she (Pat) was obviously angry. She said that everywhere they went at the party, this 'young lady' was there (almost like a stalker). Whitney did not know this person. Patricia identified her as from the X-factor and said that there was a verbal altercation (which she did not hear) but no physical altercation whatsoever (that she observed). The young woman was asked to leave but refused to do so; therefore, Patricia said that she and Whitney left. I cannot recall if she said she made (encouraged?) Whitney leave but I think so.

I'll watch again tonight to see if I can track these portions of the interview more carefully and will post any corrections/additions thereafter.

If anyone else watched, please reply with your impressions.

(Wish we had a transcript!)

~jmo~

Not a transcript, but I found this link and it has some videos on the interview. I have no idea if this is the full interview or not, but happy O decided to allow videos on her own site.

First video here, all links on same page:

http://www.oprah.com/own-oprahs-nex...Talks-to-Whitney-Houstons-Daughter-and-Family

ETA: Okay, it's not the full episode yet, just some clips. There are many requests for the full episode, so maybe after it airs on t.v. again they will post the full one. In the comments the Omoderator says the full episode is 90 minutes.

first thing that crossed my mind when I read that Pat said she didn't know how W. got in there was that W. had overdosed and someone in the entourage put her in a tub of water to try and revive her

there was a food tray in the bathroom with Whitney & it was reported that she took it in there to snack on the turkey sandwich while she got ready

perhaps someone was in the bathroom with her and that person is who put her in the tub

I'm a bit confused though because I thought Pat was at the hotel with W.

Respectfully snipped/Bolding is mine...

From what I recall in the interview:

Patricia was also staying at the Hilton but on another floor. Usually they would have rooms on the same floor.

Patricia was in her room working earlier in the day but left the hotel briefly to run an errand. When she returned some half-hour later, Whitney had already been found unresponsive.

Patricia added that Whitney had tried to reach her about 3 times that day. There was no explanation of why she didn't respond to Whitney's texts/calls, but she did say that normally Whitney would 'see her face' every day.

(More follow-up questions were needed!)

~jmo~

You can see her sing on the you-tube she posted. I am sorry to say that she does not have a great voice. Her voice is just okay at best, and she was singing off key during much of the song. So it made me sad when she said she was going to be a singer and follow in her mom's footsteps. She is always going to be compared to her mom and she is not nearly as talented a vocalist. That is a recipe for disaster.

As for her acting career, I am afraid that she is going to be compared to her mom there as well. And her mom was so naturally gorgeous and they are going to be compared all of the time there too. I am very worried that she will turn to drugs as an effort to deal with the stress.

katydid, ITA about all you posted!

Krissy mentioned dancing in addition to singing and acting. She claimed that her Mother had been preparing her for a career in the entertainment business, which Whitney had also said during her Oprah interview from 2009 (that OWN re-ran yesterday as well).

I also read "somewhere" (and it might have been in a Comments section) that the proposed name change from Bobbi Kristina Brown to Kristina Houston was endorsed if not suggested by Clive Davis, in order to avoid confusion with Bobby Brown and his career. Not sure if I believe it, but I put it here for consideration.

It seems to me that if Krissy had special talents they would have been developed already and the public would have seen/heard them (beyond youtubes Krissy may have done herself plus the few times she joined her Mom on-stage starting with when she was a little girl).

One can only hope that friends/family will steer her in another direction, at least for a time, so that Krissy can discover her true self apart from her Mother, and find what endeavors she is best-suited for. I think she could benefit from more education as well, but that's what I say about most young ppl. ;-)

At the very least, she needs more time to grieve, adjust, and mature - well before even thinking about launching a career.

~jmo~

I watched it and to me it just sounded like she was saying she wasn't there, didn't see it, so didn't want to speculate as to how she got into the tub.

Maybe she was thinking it was possible that Whitney slipped and fell into it, since it was OPRAH who said the family told her Whitney was face down and nude. I didn't actually hear the family say that in the interview themselves.

Hi wallflower! I agree, but then upon another listen/look at the interview this evening, I believe Patricia was saying that she didn't know how Whitney got there meaning the floor rather than the tub. She then went on to say that they had to get her out of the tub. There was some crosstalk during this exchange, and also Patricia whispered a phrase or two off-camera as she did a few other times during the interview. It was not always easy to follow in order to understand exactly what she meant. :-/

Why Oprah opened by mentioning that some family members had said Whitney was found face-down nude in the tub is a curiosity, when she didn't even ask that question of Pat or Gary in the interview itself.

It seemed to me that the entire interview raised more questions than it answered.

I am betting there is a sequel planned.

~jmo~

Doesn't Twitter verify accounts of public figures?

Hi DairyGirl!

I am by no means a Twitter expert but one can use a service to verify as explained here:

About Verified Accounts

Apparently today, some persons did so and then some. All of the many Bobbi Kristina Twitter accounts I had bookmarked are 'empty' with no tweets. As of my last look a few hours ago, these apparently fake accounts were still listed and accessible, but had zero activity plus former tweets, etc, were removed.

This one, which I had linked way above upthread is still active:

Bobbi Kristina Brown

It appears legit as I had posted before, based on the photos. It does not have a Verified badge, however, as of this moment.

fwiw! ;-)

~jmo~

This may have already been posted, but I read a small article on Fox News page that Whitney died from a drug/alcohol cocktail. It said she was likely dead before she went into the water. Has anyone else heard or read this report? tia

katydid, ITA about all you posted!

Krissy mentioned dancing in addition to singing and acting. She claimed that her Mother had been preparing her for a career in the entertainment business, which Whitney had also said during her Oprah interview from 2009 (that OWN re-ran yesterday as well).

I also read "somewhere" (and it might have been in a Comments section) that the proposed name change from Bobbi Kristina Brown to Kristina Houston was endorsed if not suggested by Clive Davis, in order to avoid confusion with Bobby Brown and his career. Not sure if I believe it, but I put it here for consideration.

It seems to me that if Krissy had special talents they would have been developed already and the public would have seen/heard them (beyond youtubes Krissy may have done herself plus the few times she joined her Mom on-stage starting with when she was a little girl).

One can only hope that friends/family will steer her in another direction, at least for a time, so that Krissy can discover her true self apart from her Mother, and find what endeavors she is best-suited for. I think she could benefit from more education as well, but that's what I say about most young ppl. ;-)

At the very least, she needs more time to grieve, adjust, and mature - well before even thinking about launching a career.

~jmo~

You have to have a really thick skin to make it in the entertainment business. There is so much rejection and criticism all of the time. Some people are just not cut out for it, imo.

Bobbi K is very sensitive and kind of self conscious as it is. How is she going to feel if she gets negative reviews and public criticism. I don't think she can take it right now. Her childhood did not prepare her for that kind of uncertainty and rejection, imo. She says her mom 'prepared her' for being in the biz, but I disagree. Her mom 'prepared her' for a lot of emotional heartache that comes from being raised by a 'using addict.' And, imo, that is what Bobbi K. needs to work on first. Her own well being and her own healing to get over that painful childhood is what needs to happen first, imo.

I'm sorry...okay not really BUT I don't want to hear anymore about Cissy Houston being offended by this or that.Whitney Houston had ONE child.Why is she offended that her granddaughter is quite possibly involved with a young man whom Whitney said was her adoptive son?Ummm NO..NOT blood related.Perhaps he's a good guy unless he's the one the one that sold the photo of Whitney lying in her casket.Her will didn't mention a son now did it?

And no I am not posting a link.It's all over the damn innawebz.

Some people just piss me off.And yes if he is the one that sold her photo then I think he needs his *advertiser censored* kicked.:peace:

I found the following 2 issues most interesting if not startling:

1. Patricia's opinion is that Whitney was "chasing a dream" which she explained in so many words as chasing after a younger man. This was the lifestyle choice she seems to feel contributed to Whitney's death as opposed to her use of any drugs or drinking. I wish Oprah had asked a follow-up question so that Patricia would have expanded on this opinion. What exactly did she mean?

2. Patricia talked about the party on the Thursday night prior to Whitney's death. She pointed to her own face in the photos with Whitney as they left the club - she (Pat) was obviously angry. She said that everywhere they went at the party, this 'young lady' was there (almost like a stalker). Whitney did not know this person. Patricia identified her as from the X-factor and said that there was a verbal altercation (which she did not hear) but no physical altercation whatsoever (that she observed). The young woman was asked to leave but refused to do so; therefore, Patricia said that she and Whitney left. I cannot recall if she said she made (encouraged?) Whitney leave but I think so.

I'll watch again tonight to see if I can track these portions of the interview more carefully and will post any corrections/additions thereafter.

If anyone else watched, please reply with your impressions.

(Wish we had a transcript!)

~jmo~

I think by chasing a dream, she was talking about Ray J and the lifestyle he was involved in, and that Whitney was involved in because of that (I'm thinking partying/drugs).

I thought it was interesting that she mentioned the girl (Stacy - can't remember her last name - Francis maybe?) at the party, because after Whitney died Stacy went on twitter and gave her version of what happened, which is NOT the same as Patricia says. Frankly, I believe Patricia. I had read that the Stacy girl was known to try to attach herself to stars to gain notariety for herself. She said she has met Whitney before and maybe she had, but either Whitney didn't remember her or didn't care to remember her. Maybe the girl just wanted to be seen with Whitney or MAYBE the girl was after Ray J or maybe even actually had something going with Ray J and Whitney knew about it. Maybe Whitney had reason to be upset.

Patricia also mentioned something about women Whitney's age would rather hang out at home but when you are with a younger man, they want to go to the clubs, etc. I thought that was interesting. I wonder if Whitney liked to go to clubs or if she really would have rather had a mature, steady relationship with someone she could just hang out at home with, but instead she was going to clubs because of Ray J?

I wish she had met and fallen in love with a man her age who appreciated her and was good for her before it was too late.

I still think Whitney was with Ray J that whole day and that's why she didn't see Patricia's face that day - she was busy doing whatever she was doing with Ray J. That's why Patricia said "I don't know what happened that day." I think Whitney ate lunch with Ray J and then something happened. I think Ray J realized she was dead (I don't think he killed her, but I think they may have done drugs either that day or the night before that contributed to her death) and got out of there and let someone else find the body. I really hope the police are looking into that scenario as a possibility.

Why Oprah opened by mentioning that some family members had said Whitney was found face-down nude in the tub is a curiosity, when she didn't even ask that question of Pat or Gary in the interview itself.

I thought that was insensitive of Oprah. It's obvious someone had told her that and she wanted to get that tidbit in there without having to ask Gary or Patricia in the interview. I just think that is private and I didn't think that was HER information to broadcast to the entire world.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back