WHO KILLED GEORGE "JODY" KILGORE

ggrdn1250

Reaction score
Yesterday I was driving through Crawfordville, FL and I see a sign on the side of the road that read: Who killed Jody Gilmore. So me being who am, I had to look it up. Here is an article I found on this case.

October 7, 2014

CRAWFORDVILLE, Fla. -- Wakulla County Sheriff's Deputies are investigating a possible homicide after a man was found dead at his home in Crawfordville.
50-year-old George "Jody" Kilgore was pronounced dead shortly after police arrived at his home off Spring Court early Monday morning. One of his next door neighbors said he's shaken up by the whole thing.
"We feel unsafe now," said neighbor Daniel Crosby. "We were keeping our windows open and doors unlocked, but not no more. We just don't know, you know, you never know what's gonna happen."
Daniel Crosby lives a few feet away from Kilgore's home. He said he heard some arguing a little before 10 a.m. Monday, but didn't think anything of it. That is, until Wakulla County Sheriff's deputies showed up in his driveway saying that a homicide happened next door.

WCSO hasn't released much about the investigation. What we do know is that they are investigating the death of Kilgore as a possible homicide.

"Me and my son were upset you know," said Crosby. "Something like this happening this close to the house, we don't like it. That's not this neighborhood."
Investigators were back at Kilgore's home Tuesday morning, interviewing neighbors and searching in-and-around the Kilgore home. The Florida Department of Law Enforcement was also called to help with the investigation.
As for Crosby, he said that the neighborhood will feel on edge for a while...
"It's a shame something like that happened...too close to home," said Crosby. "Really, we feel unsafe, I imagine everyone around here does."
WCSO says that the investigation is still on going. If you have information, call their Tip Line at (850) 745-7190.

On October 6, 2014, at around 10:30 am, Jody Kilgore was found stabbed to death in his driveway in Crawfordville, Florida. Crawfordville is a small, rural community in Wakulla County, about 20 miles south of Tallahassee. I lived there for about 8 years, and my family still owns a house there. There are some unusual circumstances surrounding the murder: -Jody lived in a neighborhood where the houses are almost wall to wall next to each other. There’s maybe a few feet of space between each. -Crawfordville is a very quiet place, with an extremely low homicide rate -His neighbors were all in their homes at the time. Given how quiet it is, it seems impossible that a fight and murder could have happened without a single one of them hearing it, yet the only thing anyone heard was “talking, nothing like arguing” -His time of death was around 9-10 am. Why didn’t he cry out for help, yell, or anything? Stabbings don’t tend to kill you instantly. It’s as though he laid there silently after being attacked, bleeding to death -Jody wasn’t the type of guy to have enemies. He was a relatively well-known fisherman, and he was beloved by the community. He wasn’t involved in any high-risk activities that would make him a target.

There is a $10000 reward for information leading to an arrest. If you have any information regarding the Murder of Jody Kilgore, call the WCSO tip line at 850-574-TIPS

I live in this area and have seen the signs everywhere, but never thought to look the case up here to see if there was a thread, until I happened to see your post on the right side. Thanks for posting this. Early on there were some rumors about a person who may have had some motive, but nothing ever came of it. I'm surprised it hasn't been solved considering it's such a small town, and people tend to talk. I truly hope they find out one day who did this.

Here's another news article. He co-owned an electrician business.

One year later, Wakulla murder remains a mystery

635794021998777164-Susan-Jody-granddaughter-Lillabeth-April-2014.jpg

kilgore+billboard.png

$10,000 reward being offered in unsolved murder case
Any Information May Help: - Big Bend Crime Stoppers

Cold Cases
Any Information May Help:
The Wakulla County Sheriff’s Office and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement are seeking information regarding the homicide of George “Jody” Kilgore. On the morning of October 6, 2014 Jody, a life-long resident of Wakulla County, was found murdered at his residence. Jody was a respected son, brother, husband, and father, and dearly loved by his many friends and extended family. Jody was an avid fisherman and was a local, small business owner. Anyone with information pertaining to Jody’s death is strongly encouraged to contact Big Bend Crime Stoppers at (850) 574-TIPS(8477). Tipsters can remain anonymous. A up to a $10,000 reward has been established for information that leads to the arrest of the subject(s) responsible for Jody’s homicide."

I live in this area and have seen the signs everywhere, but never thought to look the case up here to see if there was a thread, until I happened to see your post on the right side. Thanks for posting this. Early on there were some rumors about a person who may have had some motive, but nothing ever came of it. I'm surprised it hasn't been solved considering it's such a small town, and people tend to talk. I truly hope they find out one day who did this.

Here's another news article. He co-owned an electrician business.

One year later, Wakulla murder remains a mystery

635794021998777164-Susan-Jody-granddaughter-Lillabeth-April-2014.jpg

With neighbors being so close, I do not know how NO one seen anything. One neighbor said, they heard arguing that morning. They didn't look to see who was arguing? I don't care who you are, if you hear arguing, you're going to look to see who it is and what's going on.
Was there no tire tracks, or foot prints? Who found him and called 911? Was his house thoroughly searched, finger printed? Was anything missing from his house?
Oh, I have a million questions.

Hubby's family are Kilgores from Wise County Virginia. I wonder if they are related. He has 2 cousins named George Kilgore, but neither are in Florida.

The comment that the houses in the neighborhood are only a few feet apart is not true at all. Having just moved to the area, I was curious about the case as well, it was easy to find the address and I drove by. The neighborhood is mostly mobile homes on good sized lots. The victims home is at the end of a dead end street with a good distance from his residence to the neighbors, there are also thick trees in between.

The comment that the houses in the neighborhood are only a few feet apart is not true at all. Having just moved to the area, I was curious about the case as well, it was easy to find the address and I drove by. The neighborhood is mostly mobile homes on good sized lots. The victims home is at the end of a dead end street with a good distance from his residence to the neighbors, there are also thick trees in between.

Welcome to the area!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taylor Sage
Back