Who was George Brody?- Part 2.

I have been looking into this GB for a while and I think there is a good possibility that he is our GB. I can track him through records from 1905 to 1956. He married in 1946 and they had 1 child, a son, in 1956 and that’s when he seems to start flying under the radar.

The son’s middle initial is E and so far I have not been able to confirm what that stands for but the name Eifee keeps nagging at me.

I will post the info I have below and also a “younger” photo of GB and 2 photo’s of this GB’s son at around 12 and 17 and I think there is a definite likeness to GB. The younger photo of the son with short hair shows the high forehead and the low sticking out ears. The photo of the son when he is older shows a resemblance of the eyes and the jawline.

I have used Initials only for his wife and child, they have both passed but still have living family.

I would really like some feedback and to get Anna’s site up and going again if anyone is still out there.

upload_2021-11-26_18-33-7.png
upload_2021-11-26_18-34-18.png
upload_2021-11-26_18-35-29.png

upload_2021-11-26_18-36-47.png

Note: This GB's wife was first married in 1945 and divorced and remarried GB in 1946, she had GB's son in 1956 and was again remarried and divorced by 1960. Not a very stable like for the poor child.

Attachments

• upload_2021-11-26_18-27-46.png
    upload_2021-11-26_18-27-46.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 7
  • upload_2021-11-26_18-29-8.png
    upload_2021-11-26_18-29-8.png
    37 KB · Views: 7
I have been looking into this GB for a while and I think there is a good possibility that he is our GB. I can track him through records from 1905 to 1956. He married in 1946 and they had 1 child, a son, in 1956 and that’s when he seems to start flying under the radar.

The son’s middle initial is E and so far I have not been able to confirm what that stands for but the name Eifee keeps nagging at me.

I will post the info I have below and also a “younger” photo of GB and 2 photo’s of this GB’s son at around 12 and 17 and I think there is a definite likeness to GB. The younger photo of the son with short hair shows the high forehead and the low sticking out ears. The photo of the son when he is older shows a resemblance of the eyes and the jawline.

I have used Initials only for his wife and child, they have both passed but still have living family.

I would really like some feedback and to get Anna’s site up and going again if anyone is still out there.

View attachment 324100
View attachment 324101
View attachment 324102

View attachment 324103

Note: This GB's wife was first married in 1945 and divorced and remarried GB in 1946, she had GB's son in 1956 and was again remarried and divorced by 1960. Not a very stable like for the poor child.

ozziemum,
Where was our GB living according to the timeline when this son was born in 1956?
No mention of who his father was in the obit.
Charles E. Brody - Obituary - Stoneham, MA / Framingham, MA / Southborough, MA / Natick, MA - John Everett & Sons Funeral Home | CurrentObituary.com

Charles E. Brody, 56, of Framingham died suddenly on Thursday, August 8, 2013.

ozziemum,
Where was our GB living according to the timeline when this son was born in 1956?
No mention of who his father was in the obit.
Charles E. Brody - Obituary - Stoneham, MA / Framingham, MA / Southborough, MA / Natick, MA - John Everett & Sons Funeral Home | CurrentObituary.com

Charles E. Brody, 56, of Framingham died suddenly on Thursday, August 8, 2013.

Hi SK,

I'm not sure where our GB was living in 1956. This is the problem I have is connecting our GB to the above GB as I can't confirm any further addresses after 1947 when he was living at 1048 Larkin St, San Francisco.

I think the above GB's wife may have left him when she was pregnant with Charles and went back to MA to have him. There is a bit of a back story to this, info the niece told me, but I don't want to make that public at the moment as it is not confirmed.

OK. I have just found something very interesting.

The above GB's address on his draft card in 1940 is 415 12th St, Oakland, CA and the GB (Research Assistant) address on the voters list in 1940 is 534 12th St, Oakland, CA.

What are the chances of 2 George Brody's living on the same street at the same time?

I'm wondering if the address on the draft card should have been 514 (not 415) 12th St and the full address of the building is 514 - 534 12th St, Oakland, CA.

OK. I have just found something very interesting.

The above GB's address on his draft card in 1940 is 415 12th St, Oakland, CA and the GB (Research Assistant) address on the voters list in 1940 is 534 12th St, Oakland, CA.

What are the chances of 2 George Brody's living on the same street at the same time?

I'm wondering if the address on the draft card should have been 514 (not 415) 12th St and the full address of the building isn't 514 - 534 12th St, Oakland, CA.

Hi all, it's been awhile!

I just popped in here after coming across what I believe is GB's WWII draft card. I see it was mentioned in the quoted post, but I don't recall it being posted or discussed.

He listed a "friend" Harry Sapper as next of kin. There are also a couple SF addresses scribbled on the edges.

If this has already been analyzed, could someone direct me to the thread where it was discussed? I don't want to be repetitive.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220108-084515_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220108-084515_Chrome.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 16
I just started poking around Ancestry on this Harry Sapper that GB listed as next of kin on his WWII draft card.

It appears he was the area director for the Jewish Welfare Federation and there is a collection on Ancestry of Jewish Welfare Federation Wartime correspondence. There are a whole bunch of hits from that collection when I search for Harry Sapper, some of them are over 100 pages so I haven't gotten too far into them.

The few I did look at were letters from people thanking him for his help, and one was letting him know that someone was going to be touring the west coast and wanted to meet with Harry.

It appears his full name is Harry Joseph Sapper. He was born in 1898 in Canada and died in California in 1965. He had a wife named Freda.

That's all I've got so far. Maybe GB sought help from Harry? The address GB put for Harry on the draft card was the Jewish Federation address, Harry's home address was in the city of Alameda

One more thing that might help - scribbled on the edges of the draft card are two San Francisco addresses. 1048 Larkin and 480 Ellis. The Larkin address has a Feb 1947 date next to it. The Ellis address has a date too but I can't make it out.

Both of these addresses appear to be Tenderloin area hotels. IIRC We had records of GB in Oakland through 1944 then he was unaccounted for until he appeared with MK in San Francisco (1950's?).

The notations on the draft card may indicate that he was in SF and hotel surfing by 1947. That would bridge the gap a bit. Oddly, I don't see a date on the draft card for when he filled it out.

Perhaps if actually related there may be an ancestry family tree to check if Brody is listed.

GB listed him as a friend but I agree there is some resemblance! I tend to doubt any blood relation though because he put the address of the Federation instead of a home address. Just my opinion but my guess is that he was getting financial or housing assistance from Harry since GB is listed as unemployed.

I just decided to do a search of the 1950 census for GB and am pretty sure I found him in San Francisco as a lodger at the Dorel Hotel. Oddly, he was listed with a 24 year old wife named Marian Brody (GB is listed as age 44). I thought maybe that was the other GB who was in San Francisco, but I'm pretty sure this listing is our GB because he was unemployed while his wife worked as a waitress. Marian wouldn't be MK, would she? Birthplace is listed as Massachusetts.

If Marian is someone else, she was 20 years younger than GB so could possibly still be alive. The 1950 census appears to be free on Ancestry right now so you should be able to view it without a subscription.

I'd

Hi SK,

I'm not sure where our GB was living in 1956. This is the problem I have is connecting our GB to the above GB as I can't confirm any further addresses after 1947 when he was living at 1048 Larkin St, San Francisco.

I think the above GB's wife may have left him when she was pregnant with Charles and went back to MA to have him. There is a bit of a back story to this, info the niece told me, but I don't want to make that public at the moment as it is not confirmed.
Ozziemum,
Wondering if you heard back from the niece in regards to the photos?

Hi SK,

hi, any update from the niece mentioned?

It was the first time I read about Anna's case and I was surprised... I understand that if she didn't fall into the river near her house or was kidnapped by that couple who offered her to get in and she didn't want to or was kidnapped by those two men one more younger than the other one in the white van... now, i don't think anna's biological father kidnapped her because he was in love with that strange and dirty guy george brody... i guess when george was married to the mother of Anna was heterosexual and not homosexual, but did schizophrenia cause her homosexuality? I was reading some more of brody and it really disgusted me just like with that royal long that murderous pedophile trucker... Anna I hope with all my heart that you are alive and well although you may never know where you come from...
And if she's not like that...
rest in peace

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow