Who was George Brody?- Part 2.

Hi,
I understand what you say...
-in the article abt George Brody car accident, well this a George Brody, married at a Margaret, coming from Ohio, and they lived a normal life, it is not our GB... this GB lived also in San Francisco, and some address found in SF directory are referred to this man; but is not our GB.. only same name, and a wife Margaret... for that a little confusion...
- the GB found in the Oakland Tribune article of 1941, most probably is OUR GB... the age matching second the opinion of Annasmom and of other persons that knew the real GB.. this GB ( probable our GB) was 36 in 1941, for that the birthyear could be 1905/6...
here the article:
http://s6.imagestime.com/out.php/i447818_forPete.jpg
i447818_forPete.jpg

all the best,
raf

I had not thought of this before, but is there any way to see if we can get a copy of the police report regarding the above incident raf found and linked? It would be interesting to know if there is any additional information regarding this GB within that police report, if there is a way to still find it, despite the defendent being found not guilty. Does anyone know if this is possible?

thanks!

This was a great idea! Any word back from your e-mail?

Hey SherlockJr!

The company emailed me back saying they do not have old records and/or the records cannot be located. I then attached a photo of Brody with the hat on... before Xmas, I have not received another reply from them since the first reply.

Sidekick, Now that the holidays are over, why not shoot off an email or make a call asking if they recognize the photo? It wouldn't hurt. Thanks!

Sidekick, Now that the holidays are over, why not shoot off an email or make a call asking if they recognize the photo? It wouldn't hurt. Thanks!

Cubby, SK is not in the states here. If she wants to send another e-mail that would be fine, if not, I don't mind making the phone call.

Hi,
I understand what you say...
-in the article abt George Brody car accident, well this a George Brody, married at a Margaret, coming from Ohio, and they lived a normal life, it is not our GB... this GB lived also in San Francisco, and some address found in SF directory are referred to this man; but is not our GB.. only same name, and a wife Margaret... for that a little confusion...
- the GB found in the Oakland Tribune article of 1941, most probably is OUR GB... the age matching second the opinion of Annasmom and of other persons that knew the real GB.. this GB ( probable our GB) was 36 in 1941, for that the birthyear could be 1905/6...
here the article:
http://s6.imagestime.com/out.php/i447818_forPete.jpg
i447818_forPete.jpg

all the best,
raf

Hi Raf,

thanks for the article, do you know what this was about? Is a Picket, someone who is picketing outside this man's shop? I will see if there is a way to get the report, don't know if they keep them this long, but I will see if it is possible. May take a day or two, but let me see.

Hi Guys,

What came to mind over the holidays was, the generation working there now, are probably people in their 20's/30's... selling hats! We have a similar store here in XYZ... :leaf2: and all the staff are young students/and a bit older enjoying their fashion education/work enviro.

My first email and their answer:

Hello Goorin Hats,

I have a question in regards to old records you may have from the sixties and seventies. Would you by chance have any old sales records from that time, I am helping a search for a man who wore Fedoras frequently and question if you have old records of that time. A man by the name of George Brody would have purchased his hats from you from that time period. Thanks in advance and look forward to hearing from you! Nancy.

Goorin Hats Answer:

Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 09:38:30 -0800
> From: goorinbros@rocketmail.com
> Subject: Re: [General] Records
>> CC: jsilva@goorin.com

Hello Nancy,
I am not able to obtain this information, I apologize for the inconvenience.
Happy holidays,
Brandon

My answer:

Thank you very much for your reply.

I understand you are not able to obtain the info, does that mean the information is all gone? all records don't exist? or, is there an elder who can look at the attached photo just to see if he/she recognizes this person? This person lived in The Tenderloin District of SF in the 60's and 70's and may have purchased his hats from Goorin's. We only need someone who used to work at the main store on Mission St. to see if anyone who worked there in the past recognizes him.

Now, I really don't understand the answer, to me, it is not clear. Not able to obtain. What can this mean? The records are still intacted however, this guy cannot obtain them? Or.. ? Are they not there at all?

A phone call to the company may be helpful. Hopefully someone could put you in touch with an older worker....

I had not thought of this before, but is there any way to see if we can get a copy of the police report regarding the above incident raf found and linked? It would be interesting to know if there is any additional information regarding this GB within that police report, if there is a way to still find it, despite the defendent being found not guilty. Does anyone know if this is possible?

thanks!
already searched for that.. a my friend, in Las Vegas, private detective, asked abt that in right way...
-reply: needing of a copy of his Driver’s License and more info to identify the defendant in the battery case involving John Sgroe and G. Brody.
-my friend reply: the man is deceased so obtaining a copy of his Driver’s License is not possible and gave them all the Identifying information they would need to perform the search.

second contact: ditto

another my friend wrote at Oakland Library asking if they have some other article abt this fact; negative reply...

so I know not where to search... the 1940 census will be available only in 2012 on ancestry.com... and only by this census, maybe, it could be possible to know more abt GB in Oakland....
raf

Hi Raf,

thanks for the article, do you know what this was about? Is a Picket, someone who is picketing outside this man's shop? I will see if there is a way to get the report, don't know if they keep them this long, but I will see if it is possible. May take a day or two, but let me see.
Hi Bern,
I know no more, only by my suggestion as a well Annasmom and Dr Doogie and other here suggestions, that he can be our guy
raf

http://www.enter.net/~slabar/docs/desc6272.txt

Raf,

I just went back to this site and I found that the family Brodt, was also Broad, and Brode...... You may want to read a bit of this family tree and see if it connects anything. I printed it out and it is 77 pages long, so that is why I haven't brought it into the forum.

Bern

Here is the referrance to Brodt;

Maia "Barbara" Brod, was the mother of 15 children, 10 with her first husband, Paul Brodt, who were; Bernhard, Mary, Frederick, Conrad, Margaret, Michael, Catherine, Anna Rosina, Jacob, and Susanna. And five more with her second husband Wm. Gruvr, who were John, Daniel, Elizabeth, William and Maria Barbara. History Data of the Brod - Brode - Broad and Brodt Families In the U.S.A. 1740 - 1952

Looks like the surname could be spelled a number of different ways and still be the same family.

Maybe the males that would carry the father's name of Brodt could be researched to see if there were any "George" names. He may have just decided to use Brode and spell it with a "Y". Many times it was a clerical error that was never fixed and the spelling stuck.

From what I can gather this family was from Williams Twp., Northampton, PA.

Bringing over from another thread: Thanks to Raf's work:
Who was George Brody? - Page 27 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - Post 670

"A physician at San Francisco General Hospital says that as of Aug. 19, 1966, George Brody was visiting someone in Ward 34 named M. M. Kukoda, as well as a patient named Jessie Evans, 88 Sixth Street, Delta Hotel. Dr. Love was Kukoda’s physician. George Waters was an intern in charge of Kukoda and reported on her case to Brody, who had power of attorney for Kukoda. Physician said Brody was aged 55-60 at that time, was heavy-set, with grey hair."

I recall discussing whether or not Jessie was looked into at all? Why was Brody visiting Jesse? :waitasec: Uhmm.. Love to find out how old this J. E. would have been in 1966. * Note she lived in a hotel! :banghead:

Do you feel it would be of any benefit to contact Dr. Love?

I have just had another look at the FBI case file document and noticed that this is page 2 of the document, so there may be personal details on page 1. I wonder if the complete document can be obtained via freedom of info.

I can't copy this document so I will put the link here but I'm not sure if it will work. I can however email it. If the link doesn't work and you would like to read it you can PM me your email address and I will be happy to send it to you.

http://www.footnote.com/image/1716408/

Hi Ozziemum, the link work, but needing of subscription for to read the document... you can save it on your pc, and after you can use this helpful website http://www.imagestime.com/
hosting the image, and after you copy te link and past it here.... thanks,
all the best,
raf

Bringing over from another thread: Thanks to Raf's work:
Who was George Brody? - Page 27 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - Post 670

"A physician at San Francisco General Hospital says that as of Aug. 19, 1966, George Brody was visiting someone in Ward 34 named M. M. Kukoda, as well as a patient named Jessie Evans, 88 Sixth Street, Delta Hotel. Dr. Love was Kukoda’s physician. George Waters was an intern in charge of Kukoda and reported on her case to Brody, who had power of attorney for Kukoda. Physician said Brody was aged 55-60 at that time, was heavy-set, with grey hair."

I recall discussing whether or not Jessie was looked into at all? Why was Brody visiting Jesse? :waitasec: Uhmm.. Love to find out how old this J. E. would have been in 1966. * Note she lived in a hotel! :banghead:

Do you feel it would be of any benefit to contact Dr. Love?

San Francisco General is the county hospital and all city emergencies and poverty cases go there, so it wouldn't surprise me if this Jessie and many other patients lived in transient hotels. I really don't think there was any connection at all; she was probably in the bed next to Margaret. Also, I seriously doubt that their attending physician (probably a resident in training) would remember something about one of hundreds of patients he had more than forty years ago...all the same, no stone unturned, and it's good to consider this once more.

I had another thought about GW and EW. During the 1970's I had rather unconventional roommates. I lived in a building that was all unconventional and got to know a bit about that lifestyle, however; I was not part of that lifestyle, I was straight. During this time, SF and CA had just discovered a "sickness" that was killing "gays". They called it the gay man disease. Many bath house were shut down and it was thought it was passed though blood or the lifestyle. I remember enemas were not just for odd sex games anymore. Also many people were going to alternative Dr and Clinics for help. I also got to know "couples" how wanted to have children. I was ask to be a surrogate at one point but I polity refused the offer. My point is, EW and GW may have know a group that we are not looking at. It is quite possible that EW and her massage clinic may have brought her into contact with childless couples or GW could have also had contact with people wanting to adopt in an unconventional way. Just something I am throwing out there.

Websleuths Cold Cases: Richard Colvin Cox missing, befriends a mysterious friend named, George. Thought I would put this out there... West Point is NY.

This is nothing short of a fascinating case. Richard Cox was and is the only West Point cadet ever to go missing and remain that way. For all its intricacies, this case is almost undiscussed online. The following information is taken from Cox's Wikipedia entry:

Richard Colvin Cox was [a] United States Military Academy (West Point) second-year cadet who disappeared after he left his dormitory around six p.m on January 14, 1950. Before he disappeared, Richard Cox had a mysterious friend named George with a German accent. One day Cadet Cox vanished without a trace after George paid him a visit.

Richard Colvin Cox, missing from West Point 1950 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Colvin_Cox

I found another article about the picketing incident (not sure if this one was posted yet, it is not the same one as shown earlier on the thread) This one indicates that this case did go to court - court records are generally public and easily accessible. It also states that he was picketing on behalf of the AFL Barber's Union on August 5th. Does this mean he was a barber??? I don't recall ever hearing that he was a barber but perhaps I've missed something.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...AAAIBAJ&pg=4652,2571644&dq=george-brody&hl=en

ETA: I don't think this link worked right. Let me know if you have trouble finding it.

Looks like the good folks of Berkeley circa 1941 recognized a fraud when they saw one. And, I believe, this is the first evidence that Brody may have been a barber, though he may have been a union organizer instead.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back