Who was George Brody?- Part 2.

This maybe nothing at all...
Am looking for a possible George Brody Father who would have immigrated to USA and passed away on the west coast.

California Death Index
(1940-1997)
SEARCH

BRODY
ABRAHAM
Death:
01 month
06 day
1963 year

Died: LOS ANGELES
Male
61056410 SS#
0 Birth day
0 Birth month
0 Birth year

Birth Place : USSR - RUSSIA?

Another one:

BRODY
ABRAHAM

Death:
09 Month
07 Day
1963 Year
LOS ANGELES Place of Death

Born:
09 Month
14 Day
1869 Year
USSR Place--RUSSIA?

There is also a Brody from Poland in the link.

http://ec2-184-72-196-192.compute-1.amazonaws.com/cadisearch.php

Question!: Is there a place? online where one can check SS#'s of deceased person's for information? Or... Is this private?

Thx. SK

A Brodowski Family Link .... some changed their name to Brody. There are photo's of children, and one George who actually could look like George as a child.

If anything, an interesting read.

http://www.baillod.com/main/brody.html

I believe this George is the child on our far left, white shirt standing close to his mother, no smile whatsoever...

And, once again, the portrait of GB taken by professional photorapher in San Fran.

Attachments

• brodowski.jpg
    brodowski.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 30
  • unframed.jpg
    unframed.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 20
The Brody/Brodowski family is from Poland. George's parents wedding photo and a 1904 photo of his father are at the above link. I see no resemblence between them and our GB.

I believe this George is the child on our far left, white shirt standing close to his mother, no smile whatsoever...

And, once again, the portrait of GB taken by professional photorapher in San Fran.

I do think that child in the white shirt on the left looks like George Brody. All the little boys have the same triangle-shaped face and outstanding ears. I wonder if anybody here has access to age-advancing software. The studio picture of the adult GB was probably chosen from a number of proofs, is very flattering and does not very much resemble the real man. (And I have to admit, I go for the most flattering pictures of myself on Facebook, whether or not they look like m.)

The Brody/Brodowski family is from Poland. George's parents wedding photo and a 1904 photo of his father are at the above link. I see no resemblence between them and our GB.

Yes but alot of Russian Pol's... as they say immigrated from Poland from Russian to the USA.

Look at their noses Cubby!!

i agree that the boy resembles brody.

reading the page i noticed:

Son John married Katherine (Kate) Ganas on August 25, 1908 and settled in a home at 899 Maple St. John worked as a Machinist and the family had children George (m. Margaret Gergo)

So George married a Margaret? Is there anything we could search on marriage records that might help?

Yes but alot of Russian Pol's... as they say immigrated from Poland from Russian to the USA.

Look at their noses Cubby!!

~~

Difficult to enlarge the boy (for me) however, take a look at their noses. I agree this is longer than a long shot.... but I see a resemblance!

Attachments

• boyandgeorge.JPG
    boyandgeorge.JPG
    15.1 KB · Views: 23
Too many pixels, both have square chins, blank look, a euro nose typical of Polish/Russian decent. THE EARS....

Too many pixels, both have square chins, blank look, a euro nose typical of Polish/Russian decent. THE EARS....

~ One more try leaving the orginal family photo as is to keep pixels tame...

Attachments

• boygeorge.jpg
    boygeorge.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 22
I happen to have a polish nose. Really. I'm almost full blooded Polish with family which emmigrated from Poznan ( among other area's in Poland). Have some of the iak ending's with the surname in my ancestry.

The info at the link indicated the Russian Brodowski's are not related to the Polish family discussed in this link.

I just don't see any rememblence in any of the family members with GB.

This man is the father of the GB in the family photo:

JoeBSmall.jpg

The chin and jaw line along with the mouth shape is a very strong polish feature. The man in the above photo does not resemble our GB to me in any way.

Lots of times similiar family features will appear for many generations. I have photo's of some of my polish and slovak ancesters going back to the late 1800's and I can actually see a resemblence in my great great grandmother to myself. It's weird, but even our hands share a resemblence.

I think if we study photo's of the families as a whole, where available we might have a better shot at recognizing family features.

hth, jmvho

he kind of has a polish look to him but then again i can see a slight lithuanian look to him for some reason i am 25% lithuanian and for some reason he has that kind of look that my great grandfather had in terms of features

I happen to have a polish nose. Really. I'm almost full blooded Polish with family which emmigrated from Poznan ( among other area's in Poland). Have some of the iak ending's with the surname in my ancestry.

The info at the link indicated the Russian Brodowski's are not related to the Polish family discussed in this link.

JoeBSmall.jpg

The chin and jaw line along with the mouth shape is a very strong polish feature. The man in the above photo does not resemble our GB to me in any way.

Lots of times similiar family features will appear for many generations. I have photo's of some of my polish and slovak ancesters going back to the late 1800's and I can actually see a resemblence in my great great grandmother to myself. It's weird, but even our hands share a resemblence.

I think if we study photo's of the families as a whole, where available we might have a better shot at recognizing family features.

hth, jmvho

No, the little boy does not resemble the father at all. However, he is the spitting image of the mother, and I recognize that slightly mad expression on her face as one I often saw on George's. I wish that some of you had actually seen him in person in order to verify what I perceive.

No, the little boy does not resemble the father at all. However, he is the spitting image of the mother, and I recognize that slightly mad expression on her face as one I often saw on George's. I wish that some of you had actually seen him in person in order to verify what I perceive.

He does look like his mother, true. In general terms, he has an eastern euro look. German, Polish, Russian, Lithawanian's... they share strong jaws, distinct ears, noses... strong looking folk all in all. My husband is German and he agrees.

JoeBSmall.jpg

hth, jmvho

~ The little boy doesn't look as much like his father as he does his mother. My brother does not look at all like my father did, but does resemble our mother's side alot more. Not all boys look like their fathers per sai.... All in all I see so much resemblance to GB from this little fella, it surprises me. And we don't know where GB's mother orginated from in fact.

The chances of this family being the family of our interest is pretty low, I realize that but wanted to put this out there..... just in case. No stones unturned so to speak. I know that in WW2 the Germans ran area's of Prussia, the Lithawainian's were taken over by the Germans and became German over the years... Back then there was alot of people from area's alike and due to the war people moved around so much it's hard to tell exactly where they should have been. ... Just sayin.

Cubby, John was this boy's father not Joseph.
'On the left are John Brodowski and Kate (Ganas) Brodowski with children George, Alexander, Florence and Esther.'

Will check out the mothers photo again....

lots of interuptions with the kiddo today......

The chances of this family being the family of our interest is pretty low, I realize that but wanted to put this out there..... just in case. No stones unturned so to speak. I know that in WW2 the Germans ran area's of Prussia, the Lithawainian's were taken over by the Germans and became German over the years... Back then there was alot of people from area's alike and due to the war people moved around so much it's hard to tell exactly where they should have been. ... Just sayin.

Cubby, John was this boy's father not Joseph.
'On the left are John Brodowski and Kate (Ganas) Brodowski with children George, Alexander, Florence and Esther.'

Thanks, I missed that. John and Joseph are brothers....

SK, can you move the imposed picture of GB with the family next to the mother?

tia

Also, do we have any reason to believe GB's family would have been in Milwaukee? Did GB ever make any comments about Catholics? Lots of very strong ties to the Catholic church with many polish. Including this family according to the family history linked.

Morning or Afternoon OzzieMum!

The list on the link are Brody's which I put one of his address's in search and also his title of Jr. Research Assis Dem.... (wonder what the Dem stand for?) Demographics? Was he a city clerk? So, targeting these stats I was hoping our Brody may appear as you'll see there are 5 or 6 on the top list.... other Brody's not so certain underneath.

Thanks and I appreciate if you could just take a peek. :)

Love ya!
SK.

Hi SK,

I will try to do some searching this weekend. The Dem is for Democrat.

This little boy doesn't look old enough to be our GB. The photo was taken in 1916 and our GB would have been 10 or 11 and the little boy in the photo only looks about 6 or 7.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back