Who was molested on the 23rd?

Discussion in 'JonBenet Ramsey' started by David Rogers, Jul 25, 2018.

1. MaryNo

MaryNo Well-Known Member

So, by this line of thinking, Sears and J.C. Penny catalogs of old were grooming tools too? The lingerie sections should have been removed from the catalog in case a teen got their hands on it? Until, the book and blanket are connected in some way to this case, they're just items found in a suitcase.

Tadpole12 and Major Confusion like this.
  2. fridaybaker

fridaybaker Well-Known Member

Delete.

3. dgfred

dgfred Well-Known Member

'naked' and 'in lingerie/underwear' are not equal if such is the case.

But anyway... it does seem the suitcase was put there for a 'reason'.
    It wouldn't be an intruder IMO... seems more to throw off LE or to frame someone else.

IMO only.

4. fridaybaker

MaryNo, it seems to me like the presentation of the nudity/partial nudity is entirely different between the two -the Dr. Suess and the catalogs. And yes, I do know people who used to remove those sections from the catalogs!

Your point, though, is well taken, in that we are really just speculating here on what the suitcase and the items in it mean. It's interesting for me, but it's difficult to come up with anything that isn't pure speculation/reaching.

I think that this case is so old and has been hashed-over so much, without anything new, that we find ourselves discussing and speculating about these things -that's sort of where we are with this case!

MaryNo and dgfred like this.
  5. fridaybaker

My initial response upon reading about the suitcase and those items was just that -an attempt to frame someone!

6. MaryNo

MaryNo Well-Known Member

They are equal, if being used for the same activity. If I recall correctly, they were. No one considered them grooming tools.

Framing someone is a much better theory, in my opinion.

Tadpole12 likes this.
  7. MaryNo

MaryNo Well-Known Member

I agree! There's a lot of rabbit holes in this case. I've had some ideas that I don't bring to this board, because they're in holes too deep to go in.

I love how people here don't allow victims to be forgotten. Sometimes, I give everyone a HUGE hug in my brain, when I'm logging in.

Tadpole12 likes this.
  8. David Rogers

David Rogers Active Member

Was JonBenét in the suitcase at one time or was the plan to put her in the suitcase and dispose of all the evidence at once? Michigan, specifically Lake Michigan is know for never giving up its dead.

MaryNo likes this.
  9. dgfred

dgfred Well-Known Member

Would the suitcase even fit out that little window? I guess the person could have left another way tho.
    I always thought the suitcase was put there to try to show someone used it to 'get up to' the window like a step-stool.
    Tho that was before I knew what exactly was in the suitcase... so now I am more confused of it's meaning.

Tadpole12, claudicici and MaryNo like this.
  10. MaryNo

MaryNo Well-Known Member

Someone had the theory that she was going to be hidden in Michigan. I wondered how they were going to move her without getting caught. What excuse would they have used for her never showing up again in Boulder? This would have been nuts, right? Desperation, maybe.

Tadpole12 likes this.
  11. David Rogers

David Rogers Active Member

They figured once the cops left the house they would take the body to the plane and fly off to Michigan to dispose of all the evidence and JonBenét would have gone missing forever. But the cops never left the house.

Tadpole12, Beltonian and MaryNo like this.
  12. MaryNo

MaryNo Well-Known Member

Yes. I understand the theory. It could have been an initial plan of desperation. Can you imagine trying to think of a story to cover that up? Maybe, that's why the basement was the final resting place.

Tadpole12 likes this.
  13. UKGuy

UKGuy Well-Known Member

Boyanddogmom,
    Burke used to have regular sleepovers, where JonBenet was allegedly edged out for being a pushy sister? 'confused ideas regarding attention and love' seem like a good reason to be seeing a therapist,whether it was related to JonBenet's death is an open question. There was definitely stuff going on, and nobody in Boulder wishes to talk about it!

Tadpole12, MaryNo and John Parnell like this.