Whoa! Meter Reader gave tip on August 13th!

What's your gut reaction?

• Meter Reader called in tips, then went searching on his own.

Votes: 441 89.8%
  • Meter Reader is the one who killed Caylee.

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Meter Reader is related to an accomplice.

Votes: 37 7.5%
  • Meter Reader is Casey's accomplice.

Votes: 10 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA LE has spent hours wading through all of the A's false leads and KC's lies.
They have done an amazing job over the past few months and shouldn't be criticized. They may have made mistakes, but in an investigation this big it is bound to happen. Hopefully this doesn't change the outcome of this case.

I agree that the rest of LE has worked hard and done a good job with this case. That's why it's even more disgusting that this one officer didn't do the proper thing back in August and throughly investigate, therefore jeopardizing the entire investigation, wasting months of man hours, hundreds of thousands of dollars, etc. :furious:

Thank god for that meter reader!

Not saying it isnt true but I dont take anything Fox says to heart :rolleyes: As for the footage do we know that it show the exact place where the body was found? I dont remember LE showing the exact spot. I could be wrong though.

I wasn't the exact spot, Fox backpeddled.

I am absolutely SICK to hear that yet again some policeman dropped the ball and scr@wed up an investigation. 15 houses away from the Anthonys, smell of decomp reported and this guy cleared the scene? I can understand being scared away by a snake, but all he had to do is be honest and say he couldn't throughly look, call in the cavader dogs and/or other investigators. Think about all the evidence that was there before the hurricane came in! They could have had that body less than a month after the 911 call. This kind of thing happens WAY too often with sloppy police work and I am so beyond frustrated that this person couldn't 2 and 2 together.

I so agree with the above. This, combined with defense attorneys who try to create "reasonable doubt" by promoting the most unreasonable scenarios, I wonder if justice can be served at all.

I am still playing catch-up here, Sorry if this has been posted already. I just read that the last name of the meter reader or the fired police officer was the same name as Zanny the nanny. Is this true? I have to say that when the media reported that the meter reader said the bones were of a little girl I couldn't figure out how he would have known that? Does anyone know how he knew it was a little girl? They're still finding bones, its not like the whole body was laying there. Again, still reading, sorry and thanks

I believe WFTV broke into programming last night to say the meter reader's last name is not G*******.

Fox recanted that video as they admitted their footage was shot 35-75 yards away from the location Caylee was found. And their "source" for the dryness that got this story going has been discounted. She's pending a felony trial and has mental health issues. She's also a friend of the A's and claims her husband works for the Anthony's PI, Dominic Casey. So it's not a stretch to realize this lady has issues and an agenda.

Suzi Q,

Well said.:clap::clap::clap: that is exactly what happened.

I wonder if the meter reader is a WSer? LOL Wouldn't surprise me with his determination and tenacity. We are rather known for having some hutzpah. LOL

Fox recanted that video as they admitted their footage was shot 35-75 yards away from the location Caylee was found. And their "source" for the dryness that got this story going has been discounted. She's pending a felony trial and has mental health issues. She's also a friend of the A's and claims her husband works for the Anthony's PI, Dominic Casey. So it's not a stretch to realize this lady has issues and an agenda.

Is there a link to FOX recanting that statement etc?

Originally Posted by SuziQ
Thanks, Suzi! I knew something wasn't right, but wasn't sure what was going on there. They sure know how to pick their friends, eh?! LOL

This was a real shocker, wasn't it? What potential harm has been done, if LE are accurate in their initial reports of this?

1. It has cast doubt on the efficiency of LE.

Resolution: It appears it was deputies, not investigators, that dropped the ball. Depending on the work record of the particular deputy/deputies, they should either be dismissed, or demoted and sent for response retraining.

2. It has provided a distraction for the Defence.

Resolution: Deal with the offending deputy, if relevant, and prove the integrity of the meter reader. The SA should be well prepared to shoot down any of this if it is brought up in court, including the ground condition of the site at the time of the August tips.

Valuable evidence has been lost, or has it? Other than making more work for the CSI and experts, and therefore costing the Florida taxpayers more money, does it really affect who did it, how and when? Maybe, maybe not.

This is how I see it this morning.

I didn't see that video.

I'm talking about Video that Greta Van S & her news crew shot back on August 5th

This was official News footage & they said it was the same wooded area that the Body was found in. I'll see if I can find it.

I didn't even hear about the woman you mentioned above

IMO the diagonal trail that LE is following on site indicates the flow of water. As the water receeded in a diagonal manner the remains were deposited. So to locate the original placement of the remains follow the trail. It will be interesting to know if this is the same bag he saw in August and how close to the first sighting.
If the body was moved it was by way of the flooding not human hands...IMO

This was a real shocker, wasn't it? What potential harm has been done, if LE are accurate in their initial reports of this?

1. It has cast doubt on the efficiency of LE.

Resolution: It appears it was deputies, not investigators, that dropped the ball. Depending on the work record of the particular deputy/deputies, they should either be dismissed, or demoted and sent for response retraining.

2. It has provided a distraction for the Defence.

Resolution: Deal with the offending deputy, if relevant, and prove the integrity of the meter reader. The SA should be well prepared to shoot down any of this if it is brought up in court, including the ground condition of the site at the time of the August tips.

Valuable evidence has been lost, or has it? Other than making more work for the CSI and experts, and therefore costing the Florida taxpayers more money, does it really affect who did it, how and when? Maybe, maybe not.

This is how I see it this morning.
I feel the same and definitely feel the officer shoud be dismissed.

Deputy P. is on MSNBC right now saying he is NOT involved in ANYWAY. Saying Meter Reader when he came across the bag the First time it was partially submerged he called it in, did not stay and wait for officer to arrive on site.Second time no officer sent.Third time he called and went to look with the officer and did not SEE anything. Re-assigned to route and for whatever reason checked it out.He has been interviewed several times and is a concerned citizen. I'm sure they will be able to prove all of this in court.(fingers crossed).

Is there a link to FOX recanting that statement etc?

I wish I had a link. It happened live on Natl fox. They kept doing a promo that they were going to show the pictures from the source. Kept saying it and kept saying it. Then finally they did the report but to explain their video was not of the exact spot. And no more mention was ever made about their source and the pics. The info about the source can be found in the Rumors thread, links to public records, etc.

I didn't see that video.

I'm talking about Video that Greta Van S & her news crew shot back on August 5th

This was official News footage & they said it was the same wooded area that the Body was found in. I'll see if I can find it.

I didn't even hear about the woman you mentioned above

The same video by Phil Keating was run on all the fox news shows, including Greta's. It's the source that got that story going. She's the one who gave pictures of the supposed dry area to the Feds the other day. That's when Fox jumped on the story.

I wish I had a link. It happened live on Natl fox. They kept doing a promo that they were going to show the pictures from the source. Kept saying it and kept saying it. Then finally they did the report but to explain their video was not of the exact spot. And no more mention was ever made about their source and the pics. The info about the source can be found in the Rumors thread, links to public records, etc.

Darn ... thank you.

I just hung up with my dad and I hope to God that this meter reader really just innocently came upon this and had his hinky-meter going off back in August when he was going about his route, because apparently he lives in my parents subdivision. My mom was trying to come into the neighborhood and there was a lot of media on the main road of the entrance and she had trouble getting through and she asked someone was going on and was told that they were trying to get to the 'guy who found the remains' and that he lived there.
My dad doesn't know him, just where he lives. It's a nice 'quite subdivision'.
I hope Caylee gets justice soon and this circus stops.

I agree, and would add that her hubby is no stranger to the felony sector:

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/4741486/detail.html

and this, apparently caught up in an attempted carjacking last year:

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/14914896/detail.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics