Resolved Canada - Whtmale, 32-52, short hair, nice teeth,tattoos,stairwell,901 King/Strachan, Toronto 18/7/19

Is that one tattoo a film strip? At least that's what it looks like to me I've never seen a tattoo like that before it's definitely unique. Also what type of building is this that he was found in if anyone knows?
I know this is an old comment but I want to clear it up. The media release picture is cropped. If you look at the picture on the Government of Canada's unidentified remains profile on this case the film is coming out of a canister indicating it is photography film not movie film. This seems to be a common misconception coming from the cropping of the image.

Welcome to Ws Michelle TCM, thanks so much for the extra information!!

Last edited:
Canada's Missing | Case details
showImage
Left hand
Male, 32 - 52

I looked at that hand tattoo so many times over the last few months and didn't even see the lettering and the moment someone mentioned it now I can't unsee the logo. It's crazy how that happens. I believe being able to say the he has a Leica M3 rangefinder film camera tattoo on his hand with the Lieco logo in cursive is so much more productive in finding people who recognize him than just "identifiable tattoos". I also now have something even more specific to search for when looking through tattoo portfolios. If anyone has any suggestions on what else I could be doing to help please let me know. I'm hoping this helps inch the case a little closer to being identified.

Found this man randomly and noted the similarities.Canada's Missing | Case details

I know it could be a stretch, but maybe this guy started a new life? They look pretty similar imo and the ages would work. No mention of tattoos but who knows what could happen in 8 years. (I will note, however, that tattoos on the hands usually mean someone's been tattooed a lot, so that would be a lot of time in the tattoo chair) Can anyone who knows more about tattoos chime in? They're sailor jerry style for the ships, "starfish" and dots, as well as one of the skulls. I found a skull with a top hat that looks nearly identical (though the one I found is smoking a cigar) I wouldn't say the sailor jerry stuff is particularly well done, but the camera is high quality work for sure. MOO

Attachments

• steven anthony begg.jpeg
    steven anthony begg.jpeg
    7.3 KB · Views: 5
Found this man randomly and noted the similarities.Canada's Missing | Case details

I know it could be a stretch, but maybe this guy started a new life? They look pretty similar imo and the ages would work. No mention of tattoos but who knows what could happen in 8 years. (I will note, however, that tattoos on the hands usually mean someone's been tattooed a lot, so that would be a lot of time in the tattoo chair) Can anyone who knows more about tattoos chime in? They're sailor jerry style for the ships, "starfish" and dots, as well as one of the skulls. I found a skull with a top hat that looks nearly identical (though the one I found is smoking a cigar) I wouldn't say the sailor jerry stuff is particularly well done, but the camera is high quality work for sure. MOO
Nice find, check this out... (Likes photography!)
Ws thread..
CANADA - Canada - Stephen Begg, 36, Surrey BC, 6 Feb 2011

Nice find, check this out... (Likes photography!)
Ws thread..
CANADA - Canada - Stephen Begg, 36, Surrey BC, 6 Feb 2011
Hadn't seen his thread but wow that looks at least somewhat promising. Slightly depressed, no work, maybe moves to an area (like Vancouver, then maybe Toronto) where he can find work and start fresh? His father even mentioned "starting a new life".

Those tattoos are so frustrating cause someone should know him, but if he didn't have them when he disappeared then it would make more sense.

Not sure about cause of death for our Doe, maybe suicide or perhaps an accident or natural cause? Can't exactly speculate on that with so little info, but did anyone see if foul play was mentioned or not?

One thing I will mention is his clothing is a bit odd to me. Truly not trying to be rude here, and maybe it follows the path of someone who was more techy and less fashion-conscious, but generally when I see tourism shirts I also immediately think of second-hand stores and possibly homelessness. This is Toronto we're talking about, they're a pretty stylish city (much like NYC), even with middle-aged people.

One thing I will mention is his clothing is a bit odd to me. Truly not trying to be rude here, and maybe it follows the path of someone who was more techy and less fashion-conscious, but generally when I see tourism shirts I also immediately think of second-hand stores and possibly homelessness. This is Toronto we're talking about, they're a pretty stylish city (much like NYC), even with middle-aged people.
"Even with middle-aged people" LOL!
Canada's Missing | Case details
  • Pants
    Nylon, Black, Size 34x30, British Columbia Company

• Shirt
    Cotton, Black, T-shirt, Medium size, "Vancouver Canada" written with a leaf emblem

You know what I mean!:p I don't know anyone in Toronto who would be walking around in track pants and a Vancouver t-shirt.

Which makes me wonder if there was a sporting event? Do we know how long the Doe was there for to get a closer date?

Another point on the t-shirt is the bleach marks. Is that normally done to evidence or would he have been laying in a puddle maybe? Very odd.

The pants are from BC Clothing Co which, contrary to its name is owned by a Montreal-based import company that sells out of Costco (and more recently Amazon). The sizing may be off, it seems all their clothes are described as undersized, so don't pay too close attention to the sizing or the "BC".

Last edited:
You know what I mean!:p I don't know anyone in Toronto who would be walking around in track pants and a Vancouver t-shirt.

Which makes me wonder if there was a sporting event? Do we know how long the Doe was there for to get a closer date?

Another point on the t-shirt is the bleach marks. Is that normally done to evidence or would he have been laying in a puddle maybe? Very odd.

The pants are from BC Clothing Co which, contrary to its name is owned by a Montreal-based import company that sells out of Costco (and more recently Amazon). The sizing may be off, it seems all their clothes are described as undersized, so don't pay too close attention to the sizing or the "BC".
I also considered this may be a donation clothing situation. Maybe someone experiencing homelessness or poverty at the time of his death who's clothes were given to him. This has also been suggested by a comment in the reddit discussion by a local to the area explaining how many poverty or homelessness resources were in the area.

As for the bleaching, a comment has said that he wasn't found right away and the images post mortem seem to agree with this. I believe that may be caused by decomposition.

Identified, Othram! rbbm.
''Homicide and Missing Persons Unit
Case #: 2019-1346352

July 14, 2023
The Toronto Police Service has identified a man found deceased in 2019.
On Thursday, July 18, 2019, the body of a man was found at 901 King Street West in Toronto.
Excerpt from news release published on September 1, 2020:
The man is described as white, approximately 32 to 52 years of age, 5'8" to 6'2" tall, with an average build, short salt and pepper hair, a few days growth of salt and pepper facial hair, and good teeth.
He has extensive tattoos on both of his arms and on his upper back.
The Ontario Pathologist's office, with the assistance of the O.P.P., undertook to create an artist's rendition of the man. It is hoped that someone may recognize him and bring resolution for his family as well as the investigation.
A video appeal from the Service's Missing Persons Unit has been released in a bid to encourage anyone with any information to come forward.

The investigation has remained ongoing since the initial report. The man was not carrying identification. Investigation of his fingerprint impressions and missing persons reports did not lead to his identity. An artist’s rendering of the deceased was released through social and traditional media channels in an attempt to identify him, without success.
Investigators turned to investigative genetic genealogy for assistance.
In the fall of 2022, the Ontario Forensic Pathology Service provided a biological sample to Othram Inc., where a DNA profile was developed. That DNA profile was then compared to public databases.
Multiple people who shared their DNA with a family genealogical project were found to have common DNA with the deceased. Genetic genealogy investigators reviewed family trees, social media and obituaries attempting to identify him.
On Tuesday, May 23, 2023, investigators contacted a relative of the man who provided a possible name of the deceased. Further investigation confirmed the likelihood of the match, and officers contacted his family members. The Office of the Chief Coroner for Ontario confirmed the identity through medical imaging records.
As investigators do not believe the death is criminal in nature, no further details about the deceased will be released.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back