Votes: 65 12.8%
  • One of her parents was violent to her and killed her

Votes: 63 12.4%
  • Any other reason Madeleine went missing

Votes: 12 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm a bit late coming in on this, but I voted that Madeleine died due to a drug overdose, and believe she died as a result of that overdose.

Today we read a link of an interview Amaral gave where he said he believes she died accidentally as the result of being given an overdose. I will go grab that link after I write this post.

The reason I have always felt this is since I read the original link I post here now, posted by Estelle at 3A's after the fiasco of all the great links disappearing when the McCann's won their first lawsuit against the media.

This is background, as I asked a poster friend to help me find the link

{Hey, I found this posted by Estelle, and don't know if we have this link here. It has the name of the Journo but she didn't give a proper link for it. I had forgotten some of this info.

Do you remember I always quoted Portuga's 'theory' as to what happened to Madeleine? It was she was given Benzodapizinesm first by one person and then by a second who didn't know she had already been dosed. And then when she started to fail she was given a Hypo shot to counteract the tranquilizer, and it didn't work {quoting it from memory}.

I always thought Portuga gleaned this as he knew the evidence of those Benzodapizineans pills were found in her fluids by FSS as well as the anecdote for them. Then reading this it makes one go WHOA"} My comment, and there was a good reason why Portuga would have knowledge of info coming from FSS.

"Maddie cried 18 hours a day
By Paul Harris

September 19, 2007 12:00am

KATE McCann has told of how Madeleine cried for 18 hours a day as a baby and demanded constant attention when her twin brother and sister were born.

In an interview with a Portuguese magazine, the 39-year-old GP is reported to have discussed her daughter suffering colic and how, at 20 months old, she reacted to the birth of twins Sean and Amelie.

Mrs McCann's intention seems to have been to illustrate how she and Madeleine bonded so closely during those early years, when mother and daughter were rarely separated.

But her interview was seized on by detectives as valuable evidence in the profile they are building of her.

Officers are seeking medical records to build up a case that she was incapable of controlling four-year-old Madeleine and the strain could have provoked her into violence while on holiday in Praia da Luz.

Mrs McCann's interview with Flash! magazine was held before she and husband Gerry were named as suspects in the case and before the diary details were published. In it, she spoke openly about her experiences in being a mother to Madeleine, candidly admitting that the first six months with her were "very difficult".

Her interview emerged as the case against the pair appeared to be crumbling because of doubts over the reliability of any forensic evidence. Sources told The Daily Mail officers may research information on Munchausen's syndrome by proxy as the condition can compel parents and other adults to harm children. It has become a routine line of inquiry in child murder investigations since the case of Beverley Allitt, the nurse who killed four children in 1991.

Allitt was convicted in 1993 on 13 charges of murder and causing grievous bodily harm. Those suffering from the condition often have a high knowledge of medical practice.
In the context of this case however, the suggestion was considered by some last night as another attempt to blacken the McCann name.

Police also said they want to reinterview the McCanns' friend Jane Tanner, who told police she saw a man carrying a child in a blanket the night Madeleine disappeared.

Miss Tanner, 37, is said to have arrived late at the table on the night of May 3, saying she was tending her sick child. Now police want to re-interrogate her to confirm her exact movements and analyse how it fits in with evidence from other members of the group dubbed the "tapas nine".

The interview probably conducted by police in England will be conducted as part of a general review of the witness evidence, which is being examined by a Portuguese judge.

Meanwhile lawyers acting for the McCanns are going back through Portuguese newspapers to look for evidence of "black propaganda" planted by police.

The trawl will be overseen by Clarence Mitchell, the former Foreign Office official who was yesterday announced as the family's spokesman.

He said: "They are an ordinary family caught up in extraordinary circumstances. I am utterly convinced they have nothing to do with the disappearance of their daughter."

'Sleep pills killed Maddie'

THE first hard evidence that Madeleine McCann died of an overdose of sleeping pills has been found by forensic experts, new media reports have said.

Body fluids found in the boot of a car hired by the parents of the missing four-year-old British girl 25 days after she went missing in Portugal showed she had been sedated, according to a French newspaper which said it had seen the evidence.

France Soir said DNA results of the fluids showed Maddie had swallowed enough sleeping pills to cause an overdose

Guilhem Buttut, an investigative reporter for the newspaper, said he had seen "hard evidence" about Madeleine's death in a report now in the hands of Portuguese prosecutors, the metro.co.uk news website reported.

Buttut said toxicological tests on the liquids "proved the little girl had ingested medicines, without doubt sleeping pills, in quantities large enough to cause an overdose"

Sources close to the investigation said earlier this week that police discovered an 88 per cent DNA match to Madeleine in the boot of the McCanns' rented Renault Scenic.

It was also reported that hair was found in the boot, allegedly showing that her body had been in it.

The McCanns are reportedly planning their own independent forensic tests on the hire car.

A family friend said the car was being kept in a "safe place", believed to be a pound at Faro airport in Portugal, The Independent newspaper reported today.

The latest revelations come as Portuguese media reported that police wanted to question Madeleine's mother Kate yet again.

Sources close to the McCanns said they were not aware of plans for a second interrogation.

Police may also quiz her about her diary, which police are seeking, along with her husband Gerry's laptop computer.

There are suggestions the diary has already been seen by detectives who took photocopies but police want to examine it in more detail.

Overnight, a warrant was passed from Portuguese authorities to British police to go to the McCanns' home in Rothley, Leicestershire, as early as today.

Portuguese newspapers said yesterday that they had seen the photocopies of extracts.

Correio da Manha said Mrs McCann wrote in the diary that her children were "hysterical" and exhausted her.

It also said her husband gave her little help with family chores.

"She complains frequently that her children are 'hysterical' and speaks of Madeleine as a child whose excess activity exhausts her," the paper said.

The daily Publico said Mrs McCann's worries about her children's behaviour and her difficulties disciplining them were contained in the diary.

Social workers have also visited the MCanns to discuss the welfare of the couple's two-year-old twins Sean and Amelie.

It is standard practice for a mother or father named as a suspect overseas to have their case considered by British authorities.

I included the whole article instead of cutting it off as it is always helpful to read original articles. xox

And Hi to Colomom and all my wonderful friends here who are adamant about seeking Justice for Madeleine.

Here is one link {without the actual link as it is from a Spanish paper]:

Article: re Report on Granada Conference Nov 14th, 2008

"IDEAL {the Granada newspaper)
Page16,
reporter :S Pardo.

POLITICAL PRESSURE EXPLAINS THE MADDIE CASE

Madeleine died the same day her parents said she had disappeared, according to affirmations by Inspector Gonzalo (Spanish for Gonçalo) Amaral, in the Aula de Cultura of the CGE and Ideal Newpaper.

The exchange of political favours between the British and Portguese governments are the basis for the explanation of the surprising end to the world famous "Maddie case". The coordinator general of the investigation, G A , was taken off the job when his line of investigation began to make manifest the contradictions in the final official thesis of an abduction.
GA said that all signs pointed to the McCanns. According to GA the couple were responsible for the death of their little Madeleine. The child would have received a lethal dose of a tranquilizer in their apartment ,applied by her parents so that they could dedicate themselves to chatting, drinking and enjoyment. When the mother went to the children's room Madeleine was unconscious. Instead of calling the police, the same parents thought up an abduction. The idea began to gather strength with assessors of public image, press interviews,reports, gifts ( I gather they mean money) visit to the Pope, and the "anguish" of the parents grew accordingly. When the British police dogs arrived, the moment of truth came..they detected the smell of a dead body in the bed, various places in the aparment and then in the boot of the car used by the father. But the McCanns did not want to end up being charged, nor to lose the 2 children left to them. Some important British power asked for and received an exchange of political favours: the silence and shelving of the file on the administration of justice by the Portuguese in the "Maddie case"...in exchange for something very important. Amaral does not know what this would be and does not want to speculate on this. What is certain is that "Maddie" cost him his job....end of report... "[color]posted by Lighthouse @ 3A's[/color]

And this comes from Lighthouse who attended the conference in Granada, writing a summary of what Amaral said:

" . . . Amaral also touched on the fact that there might have been the use of a medicine such as Calpol, and how could it be possible that all these children that were supposedly left alone, could go to sleep to for 8 hours, and all at the same time (this according the various tapas statements).use which may have resulted in a fall /accident . . ."

xox

Hi, I'm a bit late coming in on this, but I voted that Madeleine died due to a drug overdose, and believe she died as a result of that overdose.

Today we read a link of an interview Amaral gave where he said he believes she died accidentally as the result of being given an overdose. I will go grab that link after I write this post.

The reason I have always felt this is since I read the original link I post here now, posted by Estelle at 3A's after the fiasco of all the great links disappearing when the McCann's won their first lawsuit against the media.

This is background, as I asked a poster friend to help me find the link

{Hey, I found this posted by Estelle, and don't know if we have this link here. It has the name of the Journo but she didn't give a proper link for it. I had forgotten some of this info.

Do you remember I always quoted Portuga's 'theory' as to what happened to Madeleine? It was she was given Benzodapizinesm first by one person and then by a second who didn't know she had already been dosed. And then when she started to fail she was given a Hypo shot to counteract the tranquilizer, and it didn't work {quoting it from memory}.

I always thought Portuga gleaned this as he knew the evidence of those Benzodapizineans pills were found in her fluids by FSS as well as the anecdote for them. Then reading this it makes one go WHOA"} My comment, and there was a good reason why Portuga would have knowledge of info coming from FSS.

"Maddie cried 18 hours a day
By Paul Harris

September 19, 2007 12:00am

KATE McCann has told of how Madeleine cried for 18 hours a day as a baby and demanded constant attention when her twin brother and sister were born.

In an interview with a Portuguese magazine, the 39-year-old GP is reported to have discussed her daughter suffering colic and how, at 20 months old, she reacted to the birth of twins Sean and Amelie.

Mrs McCann's intention seems to have been to illustrate how she and Madeleine bonded so closely during those early years, when mother and daughter were rarely separated.

But her interview was seized on by detectives as valuable evidence in the profile they are building of her.

Officers are seeking medical records to build up a case that she was incapable of controlling four-year-old Madeleine and the strain could have provoked her into violence while on holiday in Praia da Luz.

Mrs McCann's interview with Flash! magazine was held before she and husband Gerry were named as suspects in the case and before the diary details were published. In it, she spoke openly about her experiences in being a mother to Madeleine, candidly admitting that the first six months with her were "very difficult".

Her interview emerged as the case against the pair appeared to be crumbling because of doubts over the reliability of any forensic evidence. Sources told The Daily Mail officers may research information on Munchausen's syndrome by proxy as the condition can compel parents and other adults to harm children. It has become a routine line of inquiry in child murder investigations since the case of Beverley Allitt, the nurse who killed four children in 1991.

Allitt was convicted in 1993 on 13 charges of murder and causing grievous bodily harm. Those suffering from the condition often have a high knowledge of medical practice.
In the context of this case however, the suggestion was considered by some last night as another attempt to blacken the McCann name.

Police also said they want to reinterview the McCanns' friend Jane Tanner, who told police she saw a man carrying a child in a blanket the night Madeleine disappeared.

Miss Tanner, 37, is said to have arrived late at the table on the night of May 3, saying she was tending her sick child. Now police want to re-interrogate her to confirm her exact movements and analyse how it fits in with evidence from other members of the group dubbed the "tapas nine".

The interview probably conducted by police in England will be conducted as part of a general review of the witness evidence, which is being examined by a Portuguese judge.

Meanwhile lawyers acting for the McCanns are going back through Portuguese newspapers to look for evidence of "black propaganda" planted by police.

The trawl will be overseen by Clarence Mitchell, the former Foreign Office official who was yesterday announced as the family's spokesman.

He said: "They are an ordinary family caught up in extraordinary circumstances. I am utterly convinced they have nothing to do with the disappearance of their daughter."

'Sleep pills killed Maddie'

THE first hard evidence that Madeleine McCann died of an overdose of sleeping pills has been found by forensic experts, new media reports have said.

Body fluids found in the boot of a car hired by the parents of the missing four-year-old British girl 25 days after she went missing in Portugal showed she had been sedated, according to a French newspaper which said it had seen the evidence.

France Soir said DNA results of the fluids showed Maddie had swallowed enough sleeping pills to cause an overdose

Guilhem Buttut, an investigative reporter for the newspaper, said he had seen "hard evidence" about Madeleine's death in a report now in the hands of Portuguese prosecutors, the metro.co.uk news website reported.

Buttut said toxicological tests on the liquids "proved the little girl had ingested medicines, without doubt sleeping pills, in quantities large enough to cause an overdose"

Sources close to the investigation said earlier this week that police discovered an 88 per cent DNA match to Madeleine in the boot of the McCanns' rented Renault Scenic.

It was also reported that hair was found in the boot, allegedly showing that her body had been in it.

The McCanns are reportedly planning their own independent forensic tests on the hire car.

A family friend said the car was being kept in a "safe place", believed to be a pound at Faro airport in Portugal, The Independent newspaper reported today.

The latest revelations come as Portuguese media reported that police wanted to question Madeleine's mother Kate yet again.

Sources close to the McCanns said they were not aware of plans for a second interrogation.

Police may also quiz her about her diary, which police are seeking, along with her husband Gerry's laptop computer.

There are suggestions the diary has already been seen by detectives who took photocopies but police want to examine it in more detail.

Overnight, a warrant was passed from Portuguese authorities to British police to go to the McCanns' home in Rothley, Leicestershire, as early as today.

Portuguese newspapers said yesterday that they had seen the photocopies of extracts.

Correio da Manha said Mrs McCann wrote in the diary that her children were "hysterical" and exhausted her.

It also said her husband gave her little help with family chores.

"She complains frequently that her children are 'hysterical' and speaks of Madeleine as a child whose excess activity exhausts her," the paper said.

The daily Publico said Mrs McCann's worries about her children's behaviour and her difficulties disciplining them were contained in the diary.

Social workers have also visited the MCanns to discuss the welfare of the couple's two-year-old twins Sean and Amelie.

It is standard practice for a mother or father named as a suspect overseas to have their case considered by British authorities.

I included the whole article instead of cutting it off as it is always helpful to read original articles. xox

And Hi to Colomom and all my wonderful friends here who are adamant about seeking Justice for Madeleine.

By the way....while i dont disagree with any of your post...the FSS have disputed the forensics in the car although they orignally said the results were positive.

Ahhh yes, the great FSS. This was the facility that did not have a microscope to examine the hair with, right? They are so famous, but in my opinion, have no credibility. I believe the FSS is easily influenced by politics and does not perform sound science. I think the Portugese were tricked into giving evidence to the FSS because they had the lastest and greatest technology, when in fact they failed to use the technology and just controlled the outcome of the investigation.

Not good science - just bad politics.

Salem

3081710303_c8e9a865f4.jpg

I favour the detectives option No2, that it was murder.

Hi Just weighing in here now although I read a blog about Madeleine regularly

I believe without a doubt that the parents being doctors, wanted their social life, had acsess to drugs and sedated their children so they could go and party.

Its been discussed regularly how often everyday normal average mr and mrs smith parents drug their kids with cough medicine to make them sleep, so imagine TWO doctors...

They probably take them themselves and see no wrong in it.
I believe that Poor Maddie either had too much on that fateful night, had a seizure and died on her own vomit, OR drugged up fell and hit her head.
I believe that Maddie is buried somewhere not too far from that hotel they were staying in, where they were building.

I LOATHE The McCanns and I told them that in a letter I wrote to them ages ago. I find them despicable for making a *mistake* but then covering it up so they wouldnt lose their licences
That is what i believe happened

THERE WAS NO ABDUCTION

Ahhh yes, the great FSS. This was the facility that did not have a microscope to examine the hair with, right? They are so famous, but in my opinion, have no credibility. I believe the FSS is easily influenced by politics and does not perform sound science. I think the Portugese were tricked into giving evidence to the FSS because they had the lastest and greatest technology, when in fact they failed to use the technology and just controlled the outcome of the investigation.

Salem

I like the way you put this. MOHO is that Madeleine is dead. I don't know exactly how she died except her parents caused it. Either it was an overdose or they hit her or she fell. The McCanns are guilty and don't really grieve for her because the coverup saved their twins.

Salem

Totally agree with what you have said here Salem. Shame on the FSS!

This is extremely well thought out.....Thank you. One would think that a physician would know better than to drink during pregnancy but the more we uncover about this crowd the creepier it gets.

A light just went on in my head: why bring such young children on what is essentially an adult vacation? Those kids had loving grandparents who surely would have cared for them if the pair of knucklehead doctors wanted to get away. The crime HAD to be premeditated. They went to Portugal not to vacation, but to jettison excess cargo.

A light just went on in my head: why bring such young children on what is essentially an adult vacation? Those kids had loving grandparents who surely would have cared for them if the pair of knucklehead doctors wanted to get away. The crime HAD to be premeditated. They went to Portugal not to vacation, but to jettison excess cargo.

On the coach going from the airport to the hotel..a video was released from someones mobile where someone told Gerry to smile he was on holiday ( or words to that effect at least ) and he replied that he wasnt there to enjoy himself.

I've never thought that Kate and Gerry had deliberate plans to get rid of their child. That would have been much easier at home, with a sympathetic town and police force. All the evidence points to a tragic accident by neglect and a cover up.

I truly believe Kate is one of those high-achieving people who wanted children, but doesn't have a child-friendly nature. Gerry, as well, is old-school--he's there to have fun with the children which is more than his own father ever did, and he provides well for them financially. He feels more of the child raising burden is Kate's because she works less, because his work makes that possible.

In times past, Kate and Gerry would have traveled with a nanny, or taken separate vacations. To do so now would make them look like bad parents, and Kate is very, very perfectionist in her expectations of herself and her children. As well, I think Kate really bought into the tv-commercial vision of a happy family with young children on vacation. The twins have easy going personalities and make that possible. Madeleine did not.

All their lives, Kate and Gerry managed to have or get it all. They managed to become doctors in spite of working class backgrounds. They managed to become parents in spite of infertility issues. I think they really thought that by going on this vacation with all their friends and the children they could have it all, once again.

No excess cargo to jettison, just completely unrealistic and self-centered, in the end, expectations.

This is extremely well thought out.....Thank you. One would think that a physician would know better than to drink during pregnancy but the more we uncover about this crowd the creepier it gets.

Where was it written that she drank during pregnancy? I haven't read that before. Gosh, how did they hide a child's body so well without knowing the country? I believe for the very most that they unintentionally killed their daughter... just wonder how they got rid of her is puzzling.

Where was it written that she drank during pregnancy? I haven't read that before. Gosh, how did they hide a child's body so well without knowing the country? I believe for the very most that they unintentionally killed their daughter... just wonder how they got rid of her is puzzling.

Patty I watched a programme made by ex Scotland Yard cops and they went to PDL - to the apartment and around the area. One thing they were VERY interested in was the fact that there was lots of big pot hole things and drains where she could have been put down. Then of course there is the pet cemetry idea that some have and also..she could have just been thrown overboard a rowing boat etc into the sea. For several of these they wouldnt have needed to know the country - but its also possible that someone from the area could have helped them.

There was plenty of opportunity to dispose of the body once the body was actually in the boot of the car (where the cadaver dogs alerted.)

The focus was on the McCanns, not their friends, so they only needed one actual accomplice. As well, the day the McCanns made the the mysterious trip to Fatima (on a town holiday when the shops were closed) they were not accompanied by the press.

We discussed months ago the high mileage on the rental car; yes, there were many trips to the airport and to and fro, but it was still a fairly high number.

The thing about PDL is that it is basically rural, sparsely populated, and along the coast. It's not a high- night life resort area, which is why it was touted as having the "family" atmosphere.

Having set forth the abduction theory, even if Madeleine's body had been found, they would not have been able to connect the parents directly to a cause of death (particularly with an accidental fall or overdose or unforeseen allergic or physical reaction) and the McCanns would have still been safe. So a perfect disposal was not necessary; just one that would buy time and distance for the McCanns.

Texana not just that - David Payne says he saw Madeleine at 6.30 pm. Now this may or not be true who knows with these people. By 10.15 Madeleine was presumably out of the apartment ( Unless she was in a suitcase or something). OBrien was not in the bar most of that night so could have quite easily put her body in the sea or down a drain and gone back to his apartment and acted that he had been there the whole night. Now if Payne was lieing about seeing her at 6.30 then they had even longer time to hide the body.

Texana not just that - David Payne says he saw Madeleine at 6.30 pm. Now this may or not be true who knows with these people. By 10.15 Madeleine was presumably out of the apartment ( Unless she was in a suitcase or something). OBrien was not in the bar most of that night so could have quite easily put her body in the sea or down a drain and gone back to his apartment and acted that he had been there the whole night. Now if Payne was lieing about seeing her at 6.30 then they had even longer time to hide the body.

Exactly! Which is precisely why the McCanns would never agree to go along with a reconstruction with the police. The gaps and holes in the stories would show all the opportunities and they were myriad.

Exactly! Which is precisely why the McCanns would never agree to go along with a reconstruction with the police. The gaps and holes in the stories would show all the opportunities and they were myriad.

In all honesty...depending on whose versions you actually believe..i always wondered if something had happened the previous n ight when Mrs Fenn said that Madeleine had been crying for her parents for hours. Maybe her parents came in drunk and the couple apparently werent getting on on holiday so probably not in the best of moods either..and if she wouldnt settle down maybe she just got caught in the cross fire somehow.

In all honesty...depending on whose versions you actually believe..i always wondered if something had happened the previous n ight when Mrs Fenn said that Madeleine had been crying for her parents for hours. Maybe her parents came in drunk and the couple apparently werent getting on on holiday so probably not in the best of moods either..and if she wouldnt settle down maybe she just got caught in the cross fire somehow.

It's a plausible thought as well, that something happened the previous night.

However, a reasonable explanation would be: Maddie cried so much the night before that Mrs. Fenn alerted the resort authorities. The next night, the McCanns decided to just give her something to help her sleep.

The two different doctors/friends each gave her a dose. Perhaps the first one wasn't that effective, and so the second doctor/friend assumed it hadn't been given.

Then Maddie has a reaction and is unconscious or worse on the next check.

The McCanns feel sincerely (as do the others) that this was a tragic "accident." They are angry and rebellious at the thought of losing their licenses and their remaining children. They create the abduction scenario because the money helped WILL actually help abducted children. They can't bring Madeleine back, but they can do something to help other children and ease their consciences.

It explains everything: The McCanns' comments about where Maddie is and their lack of concern about her treatment; the unwillingness to go along with reconstructions or reenactionments; the near or sheer defiance in attitude the McCanns show at times; their intense (especially Kate's) focus on the twins.

Great idea - why not ignore all the witnesses who saw Madeleine right up until 6.30pm on the day she went missing?

You can make any theory fit if you ignore the facts and factor in a conspiracy or ten.

Wasn't it Murder on the Orient Express where it turned out they'd ALL "done it"?

I even read a discussion yesterday which was suggesting that madeleine didn't even go on the holiday with her parents! Not sure whether they were suggesting another child played the part of Madeleine but they sure were suggesting that the McCanns had Photoshopped her into all their holiday snaps.

It wouldn't even make good fiction.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member