Why did the A's bring a video camera to depositions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it could be because they were being videotaped. It is sometimes customary whenever one goes to a meeting and is being taped for documentation purposes that the other brings his and/or her own tape recorder as well so that they have their own copy of the recorded session as well. Their lawyer may have told them to do this. I have done this myself in management meetings. On the other hand, they may have wanted to have it for the reasons that you all stated as well (i.e. purposes for sale, and/or to remember what they each have stated in their own depositions). I would think that BC should have been able to have requested a copy of a videotape and/or transcript for them. JMO
I have no issue with them having a video of the proceedings for future reference in-case something is ever taken out of context.
HOWEVER her reasoning for having a video would be IMO so they can study all of their answers for future questionings including court. I think they will be memorizing these recording.
they should also notice how intolerable they acted and never ever duplicate that.
They should also read here - LOL

I have no issue with them having a video of the proceedings for future reference in-case something is ever taken out of context.
HOWEVER her reasoning for having a video would be IMO so they can study all of their answers for future questionings including court. I think they will be memorizing these recording.
they should also notice how intolerable they acted and never ever duplicate that.
They should also read here - LOL

ITA!! And we KNOW they read here-there was evidence of that in their trash bag that woman intercepted!! They may be here now!!:eek:

It's actually a sound legal idea to have your own video depo version. It could also aggravate opposing counsel, so that factor should be weighed in, but it is within their legal right to do so. My attorney videoed a civil deposition I did in the 90s, and it wasn't because I was lying. The other side was slippery as could be and was employing tactics that danced around some fine legal points, and she wanted her own unblemished record of it for her ow file. Some of it was also to watch my demeanor, but I always managd to keep a poker face even when they enraged me with their lies and insinuations.

I can fault them on many issues, but this just isn't one of them.

ITA!! And we KNOW they read here-there was evidence of that in their trash bag that woman intercepted!! They may be here now!!:eek:

Really? Somehow I missed that! Well, if I were in their shoes, I guess that I would too. We know how cool this site is anyway.

I am actually embarrassed for Cindy - does Brad Conway not tell her how ridiculous she appears? Or has he lost all control of the A's. No way JM will be intimidated - he and the rest of his law firm are probably laughing their azzes off right now!

Brad C. never had control of CA. She will only work with attorneys & PI's who enable her & play it the Cindy way --Thus the parting of ways with Mark Nejame, it was his way, but Miss C thought she knew better.

I have two thoughts on why the A's would bring a video camera. The first being so they could sell the footage for profit. The second is so they can remember what they said in case they forget which version of the truth they told. Any other thoughts?

I don't think it was either one of those reasons. I think it was a belligerant "in your face" act on Cindy's part, and it was her attempt to intimidate the attorneys since I believe she focused her camera on the faces of the attorneys only.

The only thing I can think of is what a lot of others have said...they want to keep their stories straight and keep track of the questions. They'll use it for practice.

My heart breaks for the Geo. & Cindy Anthony who lost their only grandaughter.

Mine does, too. But, unfortunately I haven't seen them since about 72 hours into the investigation.

:blowkiss:

I am actually embarrassed for Cindy - does Brad Conway not tell her how ridiculous she appears? Or has he lost all control of the A's. No way JM will be intimidated - he and the rest of his law firm are probably laughing their azzes off right now!

I had to laugh when I read what I bolded. (And I also loved the next line and can picture it in my mind.)

Someone be in control of Cindy? Not if Cindy has anything to do with it!

George kept making a face that reminded me of Danny Devito in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest". The part when he said "I want my cigarettes, Miss Ratched!"

I have two thoughts on why the A's would bring a video camera. The first being so they could sell the footage for profit. The second is so they can remember what they said in case they forget which version of the truth they told. Any other thoughts?

I choose the secind "The second is so they can remember what they said in case they forget which version of the truth they told. " lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname