Why didn't Cindy file for custody of Caylee? Could Cindy have saved her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, but the kicker here is that KC would have had to given up a father to get public assistance...

Agreed. They knew. That has been my belief since day 1.

I believe this as well.

George , in his LE interview seem to be (rightfully ,so) throwing Casey under bus with seeminlgy knowing the decomp smell early on..etc. and now he gets all mad at the media, etc. he and Cindy have been wishy washy--Cindy ,herself calls in on Casey - they seem to forget what Casey has done-- they should honor their innocent grand daughter by standing up for her now.
However, still i can see what a horrible predictament they are in, knowing your daughter is most hated woman in America and abroad now-- I guess they feel like they have to stick by her.

I am not sure Cindy believed that she would get Caylee. She and George had their own problems as well. Maybe she never tried because she was afraid they would ALL lose her and the state would take her? Then they would not have her at all.

That's a very good point! KC probably has ammo on them ,as well.Wouldn't want to open that can of worms!

That's a very good point! KC probably has ammo on them ,as well.Wouldn't want to open that can of worms!

Aw come on now .... open that can of worms. Just about everything else has been spilled out. I want to know more about their past if only to confirm what I know about now.

I think it's pretty fair to say that CA was a procrastinator just like her daughter about certain things. Like getting her daughter checked out by a psychologist way before she had Caylee. They are both ostriches. Sweeping the unpleasant realities under the rug (or leaving them in the trunk). And, as much as CA may have loved Caylee, it might have been easier to stick her head in the sand than to become Caylee's full time mommy vs. being a grandmom.

I think... and this is just my opinion... Cindy did not feel it was her responsibility to raise Caylee full time and that is why she never went through with gaining custody of Caylee.

I don't think that money had anything to do with it because there is a thing called "legal aid." I don't know if Cindy would fall under the guidelines in seeking such financial aid but if her finances were that out of control at the time (as it has been claimed) I don't see how she would not be eligible.

I don't like Cindy or any of the Anthony family... but, I don't even think them seeking or gaining custody of Caylee would have changed what Casey has done.

I don't blame any of the Anthony family for Casey murdering Caylee... I do not like and do blame them for the actions since Caylee was reported "missing" on July 15th, 2008.

or better yet, encouraged FKC to allow Caylee to be adopted ... before the 31 days of course. I would have taken her! I am sure many couples would have loved to adopt and parent that little girl.

IF CA had been honest with herself about the complete lack of responsibility FKC continually exhibited in assuming financial, emotional, educational, and basic needs caretaking for Caylee ... she would have confronted FKC immediately when the money started disappearing out of her account and the credit card debt started piling up, before the fake work letters and the fake work ID's appeared as excuses, any excuses, to leave her daughter and "party hearty", as we used to say.

I agree, denial ran heavy in that family, and GA and CA disagreed on how to parent their daughter. But I gotta say, if they had given it the energy, time, and heartbreak it deserved right at the beginning, when FKC made it clear she really didn't want a baby, and taken steps to get custody or adopt out Caylee, there is no question in my mind that she would have a better than average chance of being alive today.

I think if CA wasn't such a competitive mother/grandmother herself and yes, difficult to get along with, FKC would have felt more comfortable letting go of her pride and admitting her own shortcomings to her, and let her parents have custody. I don't believe CA was truly ready to commit to being a parent, all over again, either. It is hard work, exhausting, expensive, and CA was ready to just be a grandma. I think that had alot to do with not seeking custody as well. GA just didn't perceive the dynamics quickly nor insightfully nor courageously enough to realize what was happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa