Why has the family not made a public plea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Terri was Kyron's caretaker with whom he had the most contact prior to disappearing, the public expected to hear from her, and rightfully so. Yet nothing but silence came from her, except for the emails she sent to explain her whereabouts that day, to allay suspicion. And the facebook post telling people not to believe what the media might say, that they have it all wrong. Terri could have done a lot to help herself and to help Kyron by speaking publicly in the first couple of weeks after Kyron disappeared.

What we know now is that LE suspicion about Terri was growing during that first couple of weeks after Kyron disappeared, culminating with the LE questionnaire featuring Terri, asking about Terri.

At the point that the questionnaire was released, I don't blame her for not speaking and for lawyering up. Personally, though, I think that Terri's had it rather easy, seeing as how LE hasn't named her a suspect or even a person of interest. They could have done so...at least called her a person of interest. But they haven't.

She's been treated with kid gloves by LE, compared to how she could have been treated.

The presumption of innocence is only a requirement for jurors who hear the case. John Q. Public isn't held to the same standard. Nor is law enforcement, when they are making a case.

As for the scarlet letter stuff--that's beyond any level of melodrama that is worthy of discussing, in my opinion.

Ahhh, but literature is *always worth discussing. :dance: Then again, I'm a writer/educator so well, it's just a (wonderful) part of my life. Not everyone's cup of tea, though.

I disagree. If they truly believe Terri has orchestrated this disappearance, then why shouldn't they ALSO engage in psychological warfare here. A terrible crime has occurred...their child is missing. This is no time for the niceties of civilized divorce.

There is no reason to "spare" her or show her any relief or respect. This is a public shaming...a branding. These parents are not about to let Terri's silence give her any solace or place to hide.

Terri needs to understand that her silence is NOT a winning strategy. She will PAY for this crime...at the least, she will be forever stained by it. For the rest of her life, this will follow her.

Perhaps LE is trying to make this point with her...Terri will pay a huge price. Haven't they asked her..."how do you want to be remembered." I think there are horrific "sickening " details that have been shared. If she refuses to help them find their child...they will be the partial architects of HOW Terri Horman will be remembered.

WE have NOT seen the emails the parents saw. WE have not read and been exposed to the texts, the phone calls, the details that bring LE to tears.

We are NOT equal in our knowledge with these parents.

If Kyron never returns, if there is no resolution, Terri needs to know that does NOT work to her advantage. She will be whispered about, distrusted and despised in many quarters. She will never be free of this. Her life will be as devastated as Kaine's and Desiree's. If this was done out of anger, revenge, or in lieu of murdering her husband, to murder his child...her loss will also be tremendous.

Who are we to say that publicly shaming a woman who re-invented herself as the self-sacrificing "friend" of the pregnant woman whose husband became HERS...might not just work?

This may well be KH & DY's strategy, but it does not appear to be working. At least not yet anyway. And I'm not sure LE has anything to do with what KH & DY are doing and saying, in fact, they seem to have publicly made sure they distanced themselves from all of that. TH, even with her alleged narcissistic profile, has somehow been able to remain very, very quiet.

So, IDK, but if I truly believed that she was behind the abduction of my child or grandchildren, I think I would have long ago abandoned her degradation and maybe even tried the opposite tactic. (which I think Desiree did her best to try to do when she asked her to do the right thing for baby K's sake) And for the life of me, I can't recall Kaine ever asking Terri publicly to give him back his son. Has he? You know something like, "Terri, we've had our problems, you've been a good mom to Kyron and you made a mistake, but please just give me back my son or tell me what you know about his disappearance". (I just thought of that, and haven't looked, but I don't recall , hasn't it been only Desiree who's pleaded with Terri?)

Maybe it's just me but I would be pleading every chance I got for whomever has my child to please "just let him go". I don't care if LE told me whoever had him might just get a kick out of it. I would just keep thinking maybe there's some nerve I could hit, with something I could say that would humanize the nonhuman person who has him. Maybe it doesn't work, I don't know, but I'd never give up pleading, ever.

I thought your post was clear. Still do, actually. But, in any case, if it is a good time to re-read it, imo, it would be for the proposition that someone who is publically shamed for alleged misdeeds will live in that shame and silence for years rather than admit what they did until someone with irrefutable proof is about to call them on it. jmoo

Hmmm..that's a very interesting take. Care to do a 500-word essay? LOL..just kidding.

Back OT for me. Even as much as I love literature.

This may well be KH & DY's strategy, but it does not appear to be working. At least not yet anyway. And I'm not sure LE has anything to do with what KH & DY are doing and saying, in fact, they seem to have publicly made sure they distanced themselves from all of that. TH, even with her alleged narcissistic profile, has somehow been able to remain very, very quiet.

So, IDK, but if I truly believed that she was behind the abduction of my child or grandchildren, I think I would have long ago abandoned her degradation and maybe even tried the opposite tactic. (which I think Desiree did her best to try to do when she asked her to do the right thing for baby K's sake) And for the life of me, I can't recall Kaine ever asking Terri publicly to give him back his son. Has he? You know something like, "Terri, we've had our problems, you've been a good mom to Kyron and you made a mistake, but please just give me back my son or tell me what you know about his disappearance". (I just thought of that, and haven't looked, but I don't recall , hasn't it been only Desiree who's pleaded with Terri?)

Maybe it's just me but I would be pleading every chance I got for whomever has my child to please "just let him go". I don't care if LE told me whoever had him might just get a kick out of it. I would just keep thinking maybe there's some nerve I could hit, with something I could say that would humanize the nonhuman person who has him. Maybe it doesn't work, I don't know, but I'd never give up pleading, ever.

I don't think Kaine can publicly OR privately address Terri. It would be a violation of the RO.

I don't think Kaine can publicly address Terri. It would be a violation of the RO.

Ahhhh, thanks, I didn't know that, I thought it was only against TH speaking to KH. Well, that would explain that wouldn't it!

Ahhh, but literature is *always worth discussing. :dance: Then again, I'm a writer/educator so well, it's just a (wonderful) part of my life. Not everyone's cup of tea, though.

As am I.

But comparing Terri Horman to Hester Prynne, in my opinion, is melodrama.

Different people are going to react differently when put in horrible situations like this. Beth Holloway Twitty, Ed Smart, Diena Thompson...each one of them presented themselves to the media in different ways. I know each of their cases were different but I think the effect their different personalities have on each one's approach to the media is obvious. Could you imagine if Beth Holloway Twitty was in Desiree's position? She would be on TV trying to turn up the heat on Terri every single day, on multiple programs and media outlets each day.

I said nothing about whether their public shaming of Terri will have any affect on her. I know that it will have an effect on the public, especially as long as most all charges they lob at her are unfounded or unsupported by LE.
insofar as the public knows at this time. (bbm) but what LE knows... we really don't know much at this point

I'm baffled at each page of this thread as I read it...because I have heard nothing short of Desiree & Kaine begging for their son to be returned to them.
With each of their public appearances to speak to the media & the public (including Terri) there was never a doubt in my mind what their desire was...they want their son. I do not need to hear either say the words "I beg of you..." to whoever is responsible for their son being away from them...it's quite obvious!

What I think the title of this thread should have been is "Why is Terri Horman not pleading (even once!) with Kyron's abductor(s) to release him?"

Now there is a person I have not felt cared a rats a$$ about Kyron being returned...and why would she not plead...well, I can only tell you what my hunch would be and it's because she knows what happened to Kyron on June 4th.

I'm baffled at each page of this thread as I read it...because I have heard nothing short of Desiree & Kaine begging for their son to be returned to them.
With each of their public appearances to speak to the media & the public (including Terri) there was never a doubt in my mind what their desire was...they want their son. I do not need to hear either say the words "I beg of you..." to whoever is responsible for their son being away from them...it's quite obvious!

What I think the title of this thread should have been is "Why is Terri Horman not pleading (even once!) with Kyron's abductor(s) to release him?"

Now there is a person I have not felt cared a rats a$$ about Kyron being returned...and why would she not plead...well, I can only tell you what my hunch would be and it's because she knows what happened to Kyron on June 4th.

:thumb:

Exactly!!

I wish I could hit the thanks button 100 times!!

Maybe it's a strategy, but Kaine has minimized things about Terri's behavior and Kyron's discipline, or maybe just didn't know what she was really doing, while at the same time mentioned that she spent money like water.

Hmmm..that's a very interesting take. Care to do a 500-word essay? LOL..just kidding.

Back OT for me. Even as much as I love literature.

Haha...where's the *no* thanks button when you need one :)

As am I.

But comparing Terri Horman to Hester Prynne, in my opinion, is melodrama.

Well, actually, I wasn't comparing her to HP. The use of "scarrlet letter" as a metaphor is quite an established literate custom--among those who, I reckon, can't stay away from literature.

And all I did was say it would be a good read right now! And actually, that's what I'm doing because I enjoy it so. Hey, one mention of a literature link and I'm happy.

Now, if someone wants me to discourse OT and go on about the complexities of TSL, and ways in which it could relate to this case, glad to do it when I have the time. At about 1,000 words, I'd guess, with quotes. etc.

;}

Meanwhile, let's just move along, shall we? Good grief, Charlie Brown, has WS become a place where it's dangerous to toss in the occasional literature commentary? Oh my. My conversation will be so hobbled--nah, can't do without it. Sorry. It just happens.

We're all different--all worth respect. I read people's personal experiences, and am grateful for them. I read many things different from my life, or me, and I honestly don't feel the need to label someone else's post as "melodrama" or anything else. I like to analyze and debate (nicely and logically) and look at facts and evidence.

Which is why I came to WS, and why I stay.

Now, back to the topic, lest I break out into another bit of literature. Oh, I don't suppose anyone wouild groove to Grendel (original and John Gardner, boy genius). Yes, I'm teasing, in a good-natured way. Aren't we also supposed to enjoy our time here and each other? I do.

Well, actually, I wasn't comparing her to HP. The use of "scarrlet letter" as a metaphor is quite an established literate custom--among those who, I reckon, can't stay away from literature.

And all I did was say it would be a good read right now! And actually, that's what I'm doing because I enjoy it so. Hey, one mention of a literature link and I'm happy.

Now, if someone wants me to discourse OT and go on about the complexities of TSL, and ways in which it could relate to this case, glad to do it when I have the time. At about 1,000 words, I'd guess, with quotes. etc.

;}

Meanwhile, let's just move along, shall we? Good grief, Charlie Brown, has WS become a place where it's dangerous to toss in the occasional literature commentary? Oh my. My conversation will be so hobbled--nah, can't do without it. Sorry. It just happens.

We're all different--all worth respect. I read people's personal experiences, and am grateful for them. I read many things different from my life, or me, and I honestly don't feel the need to label someone else's post as "melodrama" or anything else. I like to analyze and debate (nicely and logically) and look at facts and evidence.

Which is why I came to WS, and why I stay.

Now, back to the topic, lest I break out into another bit of literature. Oh, I don't suppose anyone wouild groove to Grendel (original and John Gardner, boy genius). Yes, I'm teasing, in a good-natured way. Aren't we also supposed to enjoy our time here and each other? I do.

If there's any metaphor to apply to Terri, in the literary sense, I would opt for The Tell-Tale Heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member