GUILTY WI - Alexander Woodworth, State vs McCandless

Discussion in 'Trials' started by mojook, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Rekamemoh

Rekamemoh Member

On the dash cam Jason says to the police officer that he heard her (Ezra) saying “Let him help you. Let him help you.” Jason says to the police that he is worried about them, and the police officer takes Jason’s name and info and lets him go. Somewhere in Jason’s court testimony under Prosecution questioning he elaborated about going inside Alex’s house on March 22 to check on Alex and Ezra when he heard Ezra saying “Let him help you. Let him help you.” Jason found them in Alex’s bedroom upstairs. They both told Jason they were just talking, everything was fine, and they didn’t need him to stay. So Jason went back outside and that’s when the police car drove up and Jason talked to the police on the dash cam.

Tippy Lynn and ChicagoChic like this.

2. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

Yes, that is what I recall as well. I don't recall him saying he rushed inside because he remembered that particular phrase from before when Alex cut himself.

3. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

Who called the police?

sourgrapes and ChicagoChic like this.
  4. Rekamemoh

Rekamemoh Member

A suspicious janitor who saw Jason slowly bicycling back and forth on the street.

Wishbone, MajorHoople and TTF14 like this.
  5. TTF14

I didn't know it was a janitor, but I knew it was someone completely unrelated to the rest of the story (I thought it was a neighbor). The police were called because of Jason's lurking, though. I wonder why the defense attorney tried to slip in that the police were called on him twice in that month (so, one time before). A quick objection, sustained.

Tippy Lynn likes this.
  6. Tippy Lynn

Oh yeah, that’s right. I couldn’t remember.....lol

7. Tippy Lynn

I’m having a hard time believing a guy who was cheated on would be looking out for the well being of the other guy. Seems really odd to me.

8. TTF14

Except that they were ALL friends (even before she cheated) if I understand correctly. He may just have thought one was more dangerous than the other? The one who had "fire in her eyes?"

butwhatif?, Rekamemoh and Tippy Lynn like this.
  9. Tippy Lynn

Yeah...maybe. So many questions and so few answers!

TTF14 likes this.
  10. MajorHoople

MajorHoople Well-Known Member

Where the Defense made their biggest mistake was in not using their telephone. Before the trial began the Defense should have picked up the telephone, called the Prosecutors Office and begged and pleaded for a plea deal!

11. Wishbone

Wishbone Well-Known Member

Maybe Ezra had more than "fire shooting out her eyes". Maybe she had venom shooting out of her mouth before she went to Alex's. Anything extremely prejudicial she said to Jason may not have been allowed at trial. I would think there is much more to the story that Jason wasn't allowed to tell. But my big question, besides sex, is why would Jason keep meeting up with her after ending their relationship and knowing what a liar she is and how much trouble she could cause? Not smart at all.

Rekamemoh, Gardenista and Tippy Lynn like this.
  12. Tippy Lynn

Sure would be interesting to hear what's being said at Racy's.
    jmo

13. TTF14

Well, I'm sure he didn't know she's murder someone. This is kinda how breakups go.....never usually a super clean break.

Tippy Lynn and Gardenista like this.
  14. Wishbone

Something besides "fire in her eyes" made him look all over for where she went and what he was afraid she might do. She said or did something to make him very concerned in my opinion.

15. Wishbone

I bet you're right about Racy's. Just kidding, but do you think a little old lady in slippers and wearing a floppy hat could fit in with that crowd? I wish I didn't live so far away.....

butwhatif?, Curious Me, EmDee and 3 others like this.
  16. TTF14

Good point. I agree with you.

17. Tippy Lynn

I got the impression that everyone fits in at Racy's. Well as long as you're a procrastinator. :p

18. Vail

Vail Justice for Kara & Jessica

I don't think he was being 100% truthful but it is possible he also didn't know the reality. It is also possible Ezra lied about that - she had no problem throwing her dad under the bus once she heard him testify that she was crazy.

It isn't up to them though, it is up to Ezra and she really wanted everyone to believe it was self defense which takes a trial.

ChicagoChic likes this.
  19. MajorHoople

MajorHoople Well-Known Member

If Ezra had taken JM's advice and sent Alex's possessions to him via UPS rather than in person Alex would still be alive and Ezra wouldn't be going to prison.

Gtw999, 123Whyaskme? and TTF14 like this.
  20. Vail

Vail Justice for Kara & Jessica

Finally watched the Dirty John documentary on Netflix and have to say the daughter's account of John's attack on her is exactly how you'd expect an actual self-defense stabbing to unfold and is a great comparison to Ezra's story.