GUILTY WI - Amara, 11, Sophie, 8, Cecilia Schaffhausen, 5, slain, River Falls, 10 July 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is just far too horrible. My heart breaks for Jessica and the girls' family. I hope this monster is locked up for life, he does not deserve to be set free after the horrible pain and torment he has caused.

I will never understand how someone can take their own children's lives. This man is a special kind of evil. He may have been depressed at the time, but I don't believe he has any footing to plead 'insanity'. He was lucid enough to know what he was doing, and by the sounds of it had been planning it for a while. Disgusting.

Rest in peace, sweet girls.

PH, ita...AS knew right from wrong, evidenced by driving to the Police Dept and turning himself in, jmo

Under questioning from prosecutors, Jessica Schaffhausen told the jury that in June of 2012 her ex-husband seemed to be in a better frame of mind than he had been in recent months, when he buried her in threatening phone calls, depressing conversations and negativity.

Schaffhausen testified that Aaron had hold her he was doing better, had stopped drinking and was in a better place. He also said he had a Match.com account and was trying to move on after their divorce.

He resumed phone calls and skyping with his girls Amara, Sophie and Cecelia. The interactions were "very friendly conversations," according to Jessica, talks about movies, books, music that kind of thing.

Jessica Schaffhausen says that all changed on July 6. Aaron was going to pick up girls in Madison, but he called and got into a fight with Jessica about what he would do with the kids in August when he was supposed to have them for a visit. She says he never mentioned a trip to the Twin Cities area.

http://www.kare11.com/news/article/1019980/396/Prosecutors-cross-examine-Jessica-Schaffhausen

Jessica Schaffhausen testfied that on July 10th, 2012 her ex-husband texted her while she was at work. He then called and said he wanted to see the kids and that he was in town. "I was very flustered because I had no idea he was in the Twin Cities," she said from the witness stand.

Eventually the two agreed that Aaron Schaffhausen could see the kids at the house and pick them and go somewhere to do something. Jessica said the children needed to be back by 8:30 or 9 p.m. and that their oldest daughter Amara would call Jessica so she could come home.

Schaffhausen said her ex called when he arrived at the home
about noon, and that babysitter Fallon Moore texted her. "Fallon asked if it was okay for her to go and I told her she could."

Somewhere around 2:30 p.m., Jessica Schaffhausen told jurors, she was getting into her car to come home when her phone rang. "He called me and told me I could come home now because he killed the kids. I told him it wasn't't funny and he shouldn't say things like that...he hung up and I called the police."

http://www.kare11.com/news/article/...stifies-on-his-mental-demise?odyssey=obinsite

Andy Rathbun ‏@andyrathbun 56s
Family practice doc testifying determined in 2011 that Aaron Schaffhausen had major depressive disorder considered moderately severe.

Scott Seroka ‏@sseroka 1m
Dr in #Schaffhausen trial; defendant has moderate to severe depressive disorder. Said he was quiet and stared at floor during eval @kare11

Pam Louwagie ‏@pamlouwagie 4m
Defense calls River Falls family practice doctor who saw Aaron Schaffhausen four times, including evaluating him for depression.

The defense called Dr. Paul McMillan as the day's first witness in the St. Croix District Court trial. McMillan is expected to testify that Aaron Schaffhausen was insane during the killings of 11-year-old Amara, 8-year-old Sophie, and 5-year-old Cecilia.

http://kstp.com/news/stories/s2987855.shtml

These tweets aren't in order of time tweeted. I'm just editing the post and plopping them in. All are in the same timeframe though - e.g. no tweets in here from yesterday or anything.

Andy Rathbun ‏@andyrathbun 45s
Doctor: Citalopram (brand name Celexa) was prescribed to Aaron Schaffhausen and seemed to be helping his depression

Pam Louwagie ‏@pamlouwagie 14m
Doctor found Schaffhausen met criteria for major depressive disorder that was moderately severe, but improved after he took prescribed meds.

Pam Louwagie ‏@pamlouwagie 1m
Schaffhausen's former North Dakota co-worker who started testimony yesterday back on the stand to finish now.

Andy Rathbun ‏@andyrathbun 5m
Counselor believed Schaffhausen had dysthymia. "It's like a low grade depression that is ongoing."

Pam Louwagie ‏@pamlouwagie 5m
Counselor felt Aaron Schaffhausen had dysthymia: "It's like a low-grade depression that's ongoing," counselor testifies.

Andy Rathbun ‏@andyrathbun 12m
Counselor: Aaron Schaffhausen was having anger issues in 2011 and it seemed at least part of that anger was directed at his then wife

Does anyone know what happened to the live feed at Star Tribune? They are in court I see no feed.

Co-worker testifying again

Pam Louwagie ‏@pamlouwagie 3m
Co-worker: Schaffhausen spoke of wanting to kill kids, then ex, then cut off her boyfriend's head, put it on a stake in yard and have a beer

Andy Rathbun ‏@andyrathbun 4m
Coworker: Schaffhausen said he wished his ex-wife "knew what it was like to lose everything."

Co worker done. Next witness after a short break.

Schaffhausen seemed to get better in late May / early June of last year, co-worker/roommate testifies. He had fun fishing, seemed happier.

Testimony: Schaffhausen offered to pay co-worker/roommate to kill his ex-wife.

Pam Louwagie ‏@pamlouwagie 5m
Another former North Dakota co-worker/roommate/friend of Aaron Schaffhausen just took the stand.

Andy Rathbun ‏@andyrathbun 2m
A total of 3 co-workers have now testified that Aaron Schaffhausen made comments about killing his kids

Pam Louwagie ‏@pamlouwagie 1m
Friend testifies that Schaffhausen made threats about harming family five or six times while they worked and hung out from January to July

Scott Seroka ‏@sseroka 59s
#Schaffhausen trial friend of defendant testifies that he was told you do it for me and said defendant threw his wallet on the table.

hey thanks for the kare11 link :) I got lost on other sites without feeds lol. :)

Co worker done. Next witness after a short break.

Schaffhausen seemed to get better in late May / early June of last year, co-worker/roommate testifies. He had fun fishing, seemed happier.

Testimony: Schaffhausen offered to pay co-worker/roommate to kill his ex-wife.

Cheese, do you have any streaming links?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matt.late
Back