GUILTY WI - Apple River multiple stabbing; one teen dead, 4 other people hurt; 52 year old man arrested, July 2022

Purely my opinion of Miu watching the whole trial so far. Very high opinion of himself, and does not like his ego challenged. Seems he was very accomplished in his studies and employment. And was use to being treated a certain way.
Clearly he is an intelligent man, he is a mechanical engineer and speaks several languages. But, yes, he appears to view himself as better than others, a bit judgmental. Kindness goes a long way!

However, this is my opinion, only.

He lied, thinking he'd get away with it because he wasn't aware of the video!
He thought his word would be accepted over 12 or more witnesses? I certainly would not think that with those odds!

If that is truly what he thought he must be as self important and deluded as some on here believe him to be.

@PaulBlume_FOX9

APPLE RIVER STABBING TRIAL: State adds "lesser included" counts against Nicolae Miu. Defense objected. But jury will now get to decide on 1st degree intentional murder (life in prison), 2nd degree intentional murder, as well as 1st & 2nd degree reckless homicide in Issac stabbing

5:24 PM · Apr 9, 2024

APPLE RIVER STABBING TRIAL: State also adds "lesser includeds" for the stabbing counts related to those who survived: Attempt 1st degree intentional murder, Attempt 2nd degree int'l murder, plus 1st & 2nd degree attempted reckless homicide.

5:26 PM · Apr 9, 2024

@PaulBlume_FOX9

APPLE RIVER STABBING TRIAL: State adds "lesser included" counts against Nicolae Miu. Defense objected. But jury will now get to decide on 1st degree intentional murder (life in prison), 2nd degree intentional murder, as well as 1st & 2nd degree reckless homicide in Issac stabbing

5:24 PM · Apr 9, 2024

APPLE RIVER STABBING TRIAL: State also adds "lesser includeds" for the stabbing counts related to those who survived: Attempt 1st degree intentional murder, Attempt 2nd degree int'l murder, plus 1st & 2nd degree attempted reckless homicide.

5:26 PM · Apr 9, 2024
I strongly agree with your posts. Obviously the teenagers acted way way out of line. NM, however, acted with criminal behavior. I am positive the P is doing a great job bringing forth the defendant's lies, and misinformation. And, yes, I have fallen off the fence.

Wow, it's as if Miu didn't want to listen to anyone that day, and just continue his problematic behavior without repercussions.

That's because the victim's perception and consent is what matters, not ours.
The teen boys didn't want to be touched or have their tubes grabbed and prevented from flowing downstream.
They said "no".
Miu didn't listen and so the young women told him "no" and "go away". I agree it looked like they put their fingers on Miu's shoulder, which is also not consensual.

Miu ruined everyone's life that day. He murdered a future engineer, just like him. Miu has more in common with the teen boys than he thought.

Interestingly, I don’t usually listen to drunk people screaming at me, especially if I feel I am doing something I have a right to. The truth is, it was a foolish situation all the way around, made worse by drinking and drugs, people inserting themselves into the situation, and finally, physically attacking someone. I’m glad I’m not a jury member for this one.

I'm not surprised that the state is trying to add as many lesser-included charges as they can to the jury instructions. Say what you want about whether or not NM had the right to defend himself with the force that he used, there are perfectly reasonable facts to support that subjective conclusion that he didn't. There is no way the state have proved 1st degree intentional.

JMO

I strongly agree with your posts. Obviously the teenagers acted way way out of line. NM, however, acted with criminal behavior. I am positive the P is doing a great job bringing forth the defendant's lies, and misinformation. And, yes, I have fallen off the fence.

Yeah. I definitely did not have a good impression of the group, from the victims when they were testifying. One, was literally, so bad, he was laying out the defense.

My opinion changed against NM, when the lies he told were mounting up.

Good move. Maybe they are reading our comments. Involuntary manslaughter, I would vote that in a heartbeat.
By comparison, I don't know if anyone remembers the Theodore Edgcomb trial (also in Wisconsin) it was the defense that were pushing for as many lesser-included charges as they could.

IANAL - but of all of the murder trials I've followed taking place in the US in the last few years, most of them seem to be in Wisconsin - and I think I'm spotting a theme when it comes to the lesser-included charges in the jury instructions!

I am very much bothered by NM's lies and convenient memory, however he is not being tried for either of those so I have to look at what he is being tried for. I believe I would vote on reckless homicide.

Just wish there was a MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS law and MC could be tried for violating that!! I really despise that woman's actions and feel none of this would have happened had she stayed out of it.

By comparison, I don't know if anyone remembers the Theodore Edgcomb trial (also in Wisconsin) it was the defense that were pushing for as many lesser-included charges as they could.

IANAL - but of all of the murder trials I've followed taking place in the US in the last few years, most of them seem to be in Wisconsin - and I think I'm spotting a theme when it comes to the lesser-included charges in the jury instructions!

The last Wisconsin trial I remember was the guy who drove into the Christmas Parade. That was a done deal. No lesser charges included.

We're we watching the same video? The mob of youth going after an old man?
"old man" ? Wasn't he 52 years of age at the time of the incident?

Edit: It appeared he was lying because he wasn't aware the events were being video.
It's only an opinion. Ought have stated that earlier. :)

Oh, this dude gave me bad vibes in his testimony. He seems super arrogant and quick to take offense. He's also hardly a frail, defenseless elderly man. He needed to just ignore the teenage idiots in his midst and walk away.

Not sure which charge I'd vote guilty on, but I would definitely find him guilty of some form of murder/manslaughter. The disparate levels of threat here alone...the boys were being completely obnoxious buttheads, the people in the other group were also loud and dramatic and drunk, but I say this as a lifelong Wisconsinite: that's...pretty much doing anything in large groups in Wisconsin in summer, LOL.

This guy needed to tune them out and go back to his afternoon, but I felt it was clear from the video and his testimony that he was set off and (probably not helped because he too was likely intoxicated) he wouldn't just let it go. The fact that a young man literally died over the whole very stupid situation is completely absurd.

1st degree murder x5. IMO
There was no reason to pull a knife and hide it when he did, then stab in the gut or heart five people. Not the arms, not the hands. Then show absolutely no remorse, he still feels justified about what he did.
He taught those rowdy boys/girl a lesson....and walked away like nothing happened. I know I wont convince anyone....

Official jury makeup

The jury is made up of eight men and six women. Here is the age breakdown:

• Two jurors in their 20s
  • One juror in their 30s
  • Three jurors in their 40s
  • Three jurors in their 50s
  • One juror in their 60s
  • Three jurors in their 70s
  • One juror in their 90s

READ MORE: Key players in Nicolae Miu's trial

That's quite a spread. JMO the older jurors may empathize with Miu's feeling of being vulnerable due to heart problems.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragin_Cajun83
Back