GUILTY WI - Apple River multiple stabbing; one teen dead, 4 other people hurt; 52 year old man arrested, July 2022

On the fence right now. Curious about WI law -- common sense tells me adult NM ought to have walked away before more nonsense escalated. Especially since there's smoking and alcohol involved. Not sure why NM felt inclined to stay around the young people.

Don't think it's been proven yet that he actually was looking for his friend's phone, and where's his friend who lost the phone anyway? Is he in the video? Look forward to friend's testimony. moo

After watching the video, those people were harassing that man. 6 against one is going to look like he got ganged up by these people.

This is probably going to become just a manslaughter case.

When the accused got pushed down into the water and slapped a couple of times, that's when he pulled out the knife and slashed the 17 year old that was involved in that part... that act of the group "could be" construed as he felt his life was in danger being drowned. But this is the first time I have seen anything about this incident and I could be missing a lot when it comes to how this came to happen.

I hate to say it but I am really on the fence on this one. He might walk free and I don't honestly know how I would vote on a jury...

No doubt these young kids were punks. Got into smoking and drinking way over their heads and immature.

One died and several were knifed (there could have been more than one fatality) required surgery.

This guy got his ego hurt and played around with them, challenging them more. He ought to have walked. Be the bigger person, he didn't lower himself to being the same as them, he out did them. Was NM drinking that day? No excuse, but curious. Curious also about anger issue.

There's a lot to be side for "turn the other cheek."

All moo -- thoughts only

On the fence right now. Curious about WI law -- common sense tells me adult NM ought to have walked away before more nonsense escalated. Especially since there's smoking and alcohol involved. Not sure why NM felt inclined to stay around the young people.

Don't think it's been proven yet that he actually was looking for his friend's phone, and where's his friend who lost the phone anyway? Is he in the video? Look forward to friend's testimony. moo
Miu definitely looked like he was in an altered state, I'm assuming drunk. Or maybe just angry?
He repeatedly approached a group of people who told him to go away. What is this guy's problem? Why does he repeatedly engage these people instead of leaving? That behavior is aggressive and frightening. He certainly wasn't focused on searching for a lost object under the water. Miu is the aggressor.

Welp, another "man" with big feelings and a killing tool causes death to innocent people. If Miu felt threatened by people who told him to go away, he has a perception issue and is unable to understand how his actions affect others.

Why stab a girl in a bikini? Why stab anyone? Why is this idiot invading people's space and stabbing people in public? I wonder if he has domestic violence on his rap sheet.

Miu definitely looked like he was in an altered state, I'm assuming drunk. Or maybe just angry?
He repeatedly approached a group of people who told him to go away. What is this guy's problem? Why does he repeatedly engage these people instead of leaving? That behavior is aggressive and frightening. He certainly wasn't focused on searching for a lost object under the water. Miu is the aggressor.

Welp, another "man" with big feelings and a killing tool causes death to innocent people. If Miu felt threatened by people who told him to go away, he has a perception issue and is unable to understand how his actions affect others.

Why stab a girl in a bikini? Why stab anyone? Why is this idiot invading people's space and stabbing people in public? I wonder if he has domestic violence on his rap sheet.

I agree.

But the legal issue is going to be was it reasonable for a ganged up man thrown into the water and slapped/punched to feel threatened enough by the number of people to start lashing out?

My gut feeling is him stabbing the guy who hit him would be legally self protection, but the others, especially the girl who was far enough away with be malicious wounding or attempted murder.. but again not sure on a conviction for murder for the one that died.

Lesson for everyone regardless of the verdict, for both sides, do not escalate arguments.

I missed that.

Pause at the 4:34 - 4:35 mark.

It looked more like a shove, and not necessarily strangling.
Still, Mr. Miu is in a lot of trouble !

Do not know if the hands placed on his throat/neck area will help his defense, nor the shoving by the teens.
Foolish behavior from the teens, for sure.
Leave people alone.
Don't start something -- there are a lot of unhinged people and it's not getting better out there, imo.

It would've been different if Miu was attacking the young men or the women, but apparently he was just looking for a friend's cellphone ?
It was when he placed his hands on the inner tube floaties that the teens seemed to get aggressive.
Maybe they thought Miu was after their drinks/sodas or snacks ?
Idk.
Omo.

Pause at the 4:34 - 4:35 mark.

It looked more like a shove, and not necessarily strangling.
Still, Mr. Miu is in a lot of trouble !

Do not know if the hands placed on his throat/neck area will help his defense, nor the shoving by the teens.
Foolish behavior from the teens, for sure.
Leave people alone.
Don't start something -- there are a lot of unhinged people and it's not getting better out there, imo.

It would've been different if Miu was attacking the young men or the women, but apparently he was just looking for a friend's cellphone ?
It was when he placed his hands on the inner tube floaties that the teens seemed to get aggressive.
Maybe they thought Miu was after their drinks/sodas or snacks ?
Idk.
Omo.

I think there might be enough reasonable doubt in this case that he might walk.

This is not a clear case of murder... or of self defense.

Will have to see what the jury sees in light of very specific laws.

When the accused got pushed down into the water and slapped a couple of times, that's when he pulled out the knife and slashed the 17 year old that was involved in that part... that act of the group "could be" construed as he felt his life was in danger being drowned. But this is the first time I have seen anything about this incident and I could be missing a lot when it comes to how this came to happen.

I hate to say it but I am really on the fence on this one. He might walk free and I don't honestly know how I would vote on a jury...

I think from the videos that the deceased was the one in the yellow swim trunks and also the deceased had pushed Miu down the second time.
Not deserving of murder, but it helps to not start anything with anyone these days.

I'm unconvinced that the person charged was planning to kill someone.
What a cluster and to be fair Miu could have stood up and walked away.

The video footage may help exonerate him, and to be fair it did look like he was searching for a phone in the water on the riverbed.
Omo.

Rest in peace, Isaac.
Dead for absolutely no reason at all, really.
Foolishness.
This is absurd and tragic... what a waste of a young life.

I was all ready to condemn mr. Miu, and now I'm unsure.
He still should not have stabbed anyone.
Just get to your feet, and walk away from hotheads.
Omo.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316