GUILTY WI - Barbara Kendhammer, 46, dies in staged accident, Hamilton, 16 Sept 2016 *Appeal denied*

I was so pleased that there was someone who spoke up for Barbera Kendhammer at the sentencing. Her cousin made a brilliant speech. Some parts stick in my mind. The idea that Tod is innocent because Barb never said anything bad about him but as her cousin said (I am paraphrasing)-who would have believed her? Even now after Tod has killed her, after he was found covered in scratches and cuts, after she was beaten to death fighting for her life and his story made no sense. Still, not one member of the family have taken her side. No one will believe that he could do anything to harm her. So what chance did she have, that someone would believed her, when she was alive? Even the judge mentioned that the fact that no one took Barb's side throughout the trial and that he has received many letters lauding Tod and asking for Tod to be treated leniently was very telling ( in a bad way).

I was so pleased that there was someone who spoke up for Barbera Kendhammer at the sentencing. Her cousin made a brilliant speech. Some parts stick in my mind. The idea that Tod is innocent because Barb never said anything bad about him but as her cousin said (I am paraphrasing)-who would have believed her? Even now after Tod has killed her, after he was found covered in scratches and cuts, after she was beaten to death fighting for her life and his story made no sense. Still, not one member of the family have taken her side. No one will believe that he could do anything to harm her. So what chance did she have, that someone would believed her, when she was alive? Even the judge mentioned that the fact that no one took Barb's side throughout the trial and that he has received many letters lauding Tod and asking for Tod to be treated leniently was very telling ( in a bad way).

I totally agree with you. It is sad that all those people who said they loved Barbara and they didn't stand up for her. No one knows what goes on behind closed doors and it seems like they all turned a blind eye. Todd has all of them convinced he is so perfect. I was glad the judge saw right through all of that.

At the end when Todd was walking out of the court room it seemed like he was all happy about the 30 yr sentence. I couldn't figure that out especially since he thinks he is not guilty.

all jmo imo and moo

Yes, Jewels53- I couldn't understand that either- as if he felt that it would all be overturned on appeal-fat chance! -and the way he kept nodding and agreeing with everything the Judge was saying. I could not understand it. I think it is his affect ; his way of getting people to like him. But as you say the Judge saw straight through him. Hooray!

Yes, Jewels53- I couldn't understand that either- as if he felt that it would all be overturned on appeal-fat chance! -and the way he kept nodding and agreeing with everything the Judge was saying. I could not understand it. I think it is his affect ; his way of getting people to like him. But as you say the Judge saw straight through him. Hooray!

Yes it was almost creepy the way he reacted. It was like he was acknowledging that he deserved the punishment without confessing to the crime. I wan't sure what was meant by his reaction though. all jmo

It really was a beautiful, heartfelt and honest letter that the cousins wrote to honor Barb’s life! I was so happy to hear her cousin read it with such grace and dignity! It’s rather bizarre how the children and brother/mother of Barbara are standing behind Todd. I think the truth has not set in for them yet. I think they will all come to know the reality of the day Barb was murdered. The judge was so clear that he will never get out of prison if he doesn’t admit his guilt. I found that so powerful as well. If he ever wants his freedom after 30 years, he’ll need to own up to this. I have a feeling he’ll have a hard time in prison, I mean do they take kindly to men sitting down to pee in there!?!

I've finally had a chance to watch this. It only reinforces my disgust with Todd K. We all know he did it, yet he plays on the heartstrings of his family. He was a controlling husband. He wouldn't let Barb out of his sight for any length of time. That is not normal. That is not healthy. That is not love.That is obsession and distrust.

And the Prosecution's argument that he has a great character and has family support, is completely offset by the fact the TK will not take any responsibility for his actions.

I've finally had a chance to watch this. It only reinforces my disgust with Todd K. We all know he did it, yet he plays on the heartstrings of his family. He was a controlling husband. He wouldn't let Barb out of his sight for any length of time. That is not normal. That is not healthy. That is not love.That is obsession and distrust.

And the Prosecution's argument that he has a great character and has family support, is completely offset by the fact the TK will not take any responsibility for his actions.

It’s intersting you say that. Remember when his lawyer and he shared when Tood first set eyes on her and he said, “That’s the girl I want!”. But then he said she was dating someone else and so he waited for them to break up. He also said that the original boyfriend was going around with other girls after he dropped Barb off at home. I found that story kind of odd — I mean, why include it? He likely wouldn’t let up on her the whole time until she finally gave in to his persistence to date him.

I think he injured her initially at the neighbor’s property, then she began flailing as they drove away, and he then had to come up with some crazy plan to figure out a way of covering for it. Then to see him nodding his head at the judge’s words was bizarre. And smiling at people as he was led away to prison for 30 years. Such a misfit, that guy.

I was also wondering about that pipe. Why was it in Barb’s trunk to begin with? Who put it there? Did he get it from the neighbor’s barn after he had hurt Barb? Or was it already in the car because he had been helping with the plumbing job at the son-in-law’s house?

When Todd said he first got out of the car and went around the back of the car, is that when he got the pipe out? He knew it was there. Otherwise, he would have went around the front, since he had to go down into the ditch to go around the back. I think his first plan was to dump her in the ditch or even try to make it look like car wreck, but when he saw the guy drive by, he knew he had to figure something out, fast. It’s a very perplexing and sad situation.

So pleased with the Guilty verdict and sentencing.
A real creep with loads of support, but his 'lies' drowned him.
YIPPEE :D:D

Todd Kendhammer hires attorney Jerome Buting, of 'Making a Murderer' fame

Todd Kendhammer’s new attorney believes he was wrongly convicted and vowed to work expeditiously on his appeal.

“Ultimately, we will try to get his conviction reversed and see that justice is served here,” attorney Jerome Buting said.

Buting, of Brookfield, Wis., is one of two trial attorneys who defended Steven Avery, the subject of the Netflix documentary “Making a Murderer.” A jury convicted Avery and his nephew of killing Teresa Halbach, a 25-year-old photographer, at the family’s auto salvage yard in Manitowoc County in 2005, two years after Avery’s release from prison for a rape that he didn’t commit.

Todd Kendhammer’s new attorney believes he was wrongly convicted and vowed to work expeditiously on his appeal.

“Ultimately, we will try to get his conviction reversed and see that justice is served here,” attorney Jerome Buting said.

Buting, of Brookfield, Wis., is one of two trial attorneys who defended Steven Avery, the subject of the Netflix documentary “Making a Murderer.” A jury convicted Avery and his nephew of killing Teresa Halbach, a 25-year-old photographer, at the family’s auto salvage yard in Manitowoc County in 2005, two years after Avery’s release from prison for a rape that he didn’t commit.

YUK. :eek::eek:
Hope loses Appeal.

The latest!

A Wisconsin appeals court has granted another extension to the attorney for Todd Kendhammer, the West Salem man convicted of killing his wife in 2016.

On Tuesday, the District 4 Court of Appeals granted the extension filed by Jerome Buting.

The sixth extension of the time to file an appeal or postconviction motion now lasts until January 31, 2020.

The fifth extension was set to expire on October 31.

Appeal extension granted for sixth time in Kendhammer homicide case

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back