GUILTY WI - Barbara Olson, 78, brutally murdered, Sheboygan Falls, 17 Sept 2012

Why am I having a hard time believing they acted alone ? Are 13 year olds really capable of this type of gruesome crime ? I have a 13 year old. and the boys in that age group can't even manage to keep their sneakers tied. Many of you know what I am talking about. They are cute, awkward, tongue-tied around the girls.What lead these two who committed this crime to be so very different from the 13 year olds I am familiar with ? Yeah, I know, a hard childhood, etc. WHO is responsible for them ?? :maddening:

Children this age are very capable of carrying out the most horrendous crimes. Some dont even need help and act alone.

There have been kids as young as 8 who have committed premeditated murders and afterward covered up their crimes by going on with life as usual.

I have seen some of these child killers on shows like Dateline etc when it was many years later after they had committed their crimes.

None that I have seen showed one bit of remorse. In fact most of them interviewed that I have seen said they dont even think about their victims anymore even though they were their own mother, father, and some killed their siblings too along with their parents or grandparents.

So yes I do believe 13 year olds and much younger are capable of carrying out crimes like this. I have read countless cases over the years where they did this. They dont just act in a spur of the moment. They are calculating killers.....many of them lay in wait and then lie and make up a story trying to cover their crimes.

Most of the cases I have read about in the recent years has one common denominator. The kid killed because they wanted something such as these kids or they murdered simply because they did not like to adhere to the rules set forth by their parents or were grounded for misbehavior and had one of their 'toys' taken away such as computers, x-box etc.

It all comes down to what they want and a certain group of kids when they are denied will murder to get it. Others plot to murder when they are dared told 'No' about something they wanted or wanted to do.

These murderers are the most frightening of all murderers imo.

IMO

Why am I having a hard time believing they acted alone ? Are 13 year olds really capable of this type of gruesome crime ? I have a 13 year old. and the boys in that age group can't even manage to keep their sneakers tied. Many of you know what I am talking about. They are cute, awkward, tongue-tied around the girls.What lead these two who committed this crime to be so very different from the 13 year olds I am familiar with ? Yeah, I know, a hard childhood, etc. WHO is responsible for them ?? :maddening:

Of course 13 year old are capable of crimes.
These two wouldn't be the first of that age charged with murder.

Cases like this make it very hard to have any faith in humanity. These two should be tried as adults and locked up for life.

Bless you, Jovi because 13 year olds here will shoot you as soon as look at ya or beat a grown person down and video it for FB. They do not care. They just don't care.

:(

This breaks my heart.

Paape and Antonio Barbeau, also 14, are accused of killing Barbeau’s great-grandmother inside her Sheboygan Falls home with a hatchet and a hammer last September. The boys, who were 13 at the time the alleged crimes were committed, are both charged as adults with first-degree intentional homicide.

During Wednesday’s hearing, Sheboygan County Circuit Court Judge Timothy Van Akkeren denied a motion by the state asking the court to reconsider allowing testimony on how the teens used a portion of the money they allegedly stole from the victim to buy marijuana and pizza the day after the crime.

http://www.sheboyganpress.com/article/20130612/SHE01/306120312/Paape-trial-still-after-Wednesday-hearing-video-?nclick_check=1

http://www.cbs58.com/news/top-stories/15-year-old-sentenced-to-life-in-prison-for-murdering-his-great-grandmother-219282611.html?hpt=ju_bn5

14-year-old Antonio Barbeau is sentenced to life in prison for killing his great-grandmother 78-year-old Barbara Olsen. Barbeau's friend Nathan Paape was convicted of murder for helping in this attack earlier this year. Barbeau will be eligible for parole in 36 years, he'll be 50 years old.
During Paape's trial Barbeau told the court how two 13-year-old boys killed a 78-year-old woman. Barbeau told the court he used the hatchet, while Paape used the hammer in their attack on Olsen. Barbeau says he was the first one to hit his great-grandmother in the back of the head, and then Paape joined in.
During his testimony, Barbeau said they each struck Olsen three to four times during their attack. He also told the court they tried to put his great-grandmother's body in a car truck, but were able to. Barbeau confessed to leaving Olsen's body in the garage, and covering it up with a blanket.

Barbeau's accomplice, Paape wrote a note to investigators that read, "He killed his grandma, and I was with him."

Fond du Lac County Medical Examiner Dr. Doug Kelley says Barbara Olsen suffered more than 18 strikes to the head.:eek: "In examining the head, I felt there were at least 18 different injuries or blow," he said, "11 of these have some evidence of blunt force and most of them also have evidence of blunt force."

I am so glad this sick kid is going away for a looong time.

A 14-year-old who killed his 78-year-old great grandmother with a hatchet broke down sobbing in court as he was sentenced on Monday.
Antonio Barbeau has been sentenced to spend at least 36 years in jail over the murder, making him eligible for parole when he is 50-years-old.
Barbeau tried reading an apologetic statement but started crying, passing it off to his defense attorney who also had to fight back tears while doing his best to read the statement.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2390924/Antonio-Barbeau-Boy-14-sobs-court-hes-sentenced-life-prison-killing-great-grandmother-hatchet.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie
Back