GUILTY WI - Bart, 50, and Krista Halderson, 53, found deceased, Windsor, 1 Jul 2021 *son arrested*

Can anyone find the parts of the CC that specifically deal with construction on the house? I think that may become important later on and may be why that JC landfill was searched.

I did not see any mention either. I’m wondering if this is due to his concussion?

I wonder how he got the concussion, or if he had a job at all previously. I guess I have a feeling it may factor into motive. CMM called him "hubby", which isn't so notable but maybe he was pre$$ured to get money and have that life his parents had.

I'm surprised he plead not guilty considering the evidence but it seems they all do these days.

What is the motive here? I have so many questions. Is he on drugs? Was he angry about something? Did he just want money? Plenty of folks get concussions and don't end up murdering and dismembering anyone, much less both their parents. Anyone mind directing me to where I can read the local chatter?

What is the motive here? I have so many questions. Is he on drugs? Was he angry about something? Did he just want money? Plenty of folks get concussions and don't end up murdering and dismembering anyone, much less both their parents. Anyone mind directing me to where I can read the local chatter?
r/madisonwi has some interesting things if you Google “Chandler Halderson Reddit”. We can’t discuss here, but both neighbors and an ex girlfriend have commented and a lot of the info is pretty significant if it can be backed up by multiple other sources.

The motive. That's what is really nagging me. In the affidavit, there is one thing that stands out to me, and I keep going back to it; CH talking about playing with the dog, damaging the fireplace, and his father was not happy with him. I'm speculating that this was the triggering event; Dad was slain, and Mom was slain as she came in the front door from work. In terms of the concussion; if there was trauma to the frontal area, this could have affected his compulsivity. Quick to anger without any restraint in action. It's a potential factor in defense against at least murder 1 as opposed to manslaughter charges, I'm guessing...

The motive. That's what is really nagging me. In the affidavit, there is one thing that stands out to me, and I keep going back to it; CH talking about playing with the dog, damaging the fireplace, and his father was not happy with him. I'm speculating that this was the triggering event; Dad was slain, and Mom was slain as she came in the front door from work. In terms of the concussion; if there was trauma to the frontal area, this could have affected his compulsivity. Quick to anger without any restraint in action. It's a potential factor in defense against at least murder 1 as opposed to manslaughter charges, I'm guessing...
This makes some sense, but I am wondering if the fireplace is part of the “web of lies” KB keeps mentioning. The fact that AS gave him the gun in mid June makes me feel like there is a lot more premeditation than what you are speculating here, especially the fact that AS stated that CH was looking for armor piercing ammunition and had an AK-type semiautomatic magazine. It sounds like CL also talked to him about the gun and CH going to her shooting range with it prior to him coming over on 7/3 and disposing of BH’s body. I think he knew he was going to do it and how, but it was a matter of when and he also had to improvise a bit once the act was actually carried out.

FWIW, there are multiple confirmed neighbors on non-MSM sources that have brought up a motive and it has nothing to do with the fireplace… but I think a prior post in this thread has it spot on.

I read complaint and other articles but found no mention of Chandler having a job? I don't know if I missed or if he was exclusively a student.
Chandler Halderson: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
On LinkedIn, CH wrote that he was a student at Madison Area Technical College. In 2021, he wrote that he received an associate’s degree in “Computer/Information Technology Administration and Management.”

He wrote, “The majority of my experience consists of lifeguarding and technology, but it doesn’t stop there. I have a strong understanding of solar panels and the installation process that goes with them. I also have experience in teaching and leadership from when I was a teachers assistant for an installation course at a local college.”

In 2020, he worked as a teaching assistant for two months at MATC, he wrote: “I created an online class for students to work on assignments and tests as well as assisted the instructor with teaching and held office hours for questions.”

From 2014-2017, he worked as a swim instructor at the YMCA...
more at link and changed to initials
-------------------

Did he want the house for just him and the gf? It must have been a very bloody scene - I can only imagine where he did post death work....sigh

Wow. Thanks so much oviedo! I guess he worked but none of these jobs would pay rent or student loan payments if he had those. Even if he wanted house for himself and gf, he would still have siblings to contend with. I do personally think this whole mess had to do with money. Seems to have been a lot of those types of cases recently.

In regards to the fireplace that seems like another lie, as he repeats it and seems to want attention drawn to it...but why? Why would he want cops to know he himself had bled all over, that confuses me. Probably won't know whose blood it was until trial but if it ends up belonging to either parent, was he dumb enough to try to explain that by saying it was his own? I want to see photo of his injured toe LOL

Anyhow, I'd normally be very interested in a case like this but more by this one because we are from the southeast part of Wisconsin and a week before this happened we spent a few days in Sauk City/Prairie. Ate at the diner over the bridge from DNR property and drove all over this place, including to and from through Waunakee, East Madison and Cottage Grove. While my guys were fishing the river, my true crime brain was taking in the terrain, roads, the places to hide things compared to my metro area, and a few days later this story breaks.

Wow. Thanks so much oviedo! I guess he worked but none of these jobs would pay rent or student loan payments if he had those. Even if he wanted house for himself and gf, he would still have siblings to contend with. I do personally think this whole mess had to do with money. Seems to have been a lot of those types of cases recently.

SBBM. I have friends who know MH and I don’t think the house would be a concern of his given that he is in his late 20s and owns a home in another part of town that’s a bit of a drive from OSC. Also - he just isn’t that type of guy who would want to have a contentious battle for mom and dads house, he’s always been super quiet and easygoing from my few interactions with him and what my friends who work with him say. It makes sense that CH would do this while his brother is at work (Friday) and then sent him up to the cabin on a six hour round trip wild goose chase when he knew his arrest was imminent on the 7th.

I finally have a little bit of downtime this week, so I figured I'd update the timeline with the amended CC so it's all in one place.
UPDATED PLAYER LIST AND TIMELINE #3 (9/6/21)

CURRENT CASE PLAYERS

CH
- Chandler Halderson
BH - Bart Halderson
KH - Krista Halderson
MH - Bart and Krista's older son
CM - Chandler Halderson's girlfriend
CL - Property owner in Cottage Grove, girlfriend of CM's mother
DM - CH's girlfriend's mother
DK - neighbor witness
JM - neighbor witness
AS - Chandler Halderson's friend from Kansas
JD - DNR witness
KB - Dane County Sheriff Kalvin Barrett
JH - Dane County Judge John Hyland
CD - Catherine Dorl, CH's attorney
CV - Crystal Vera, CH's attorney

TIMELINE AS OF 9/6/21:
6/12-6-13/2021
: AS visits CH from Kansas and gifts him a SKS Norinco rifle
7/1/2021: Last time anyone sees Bart or Krista Halderson at their home in Windsor.
5:12 pm: KH's vehicle pulls into OSC as Krista returns from work.
8:16 pm: KH's vehicle pulls out of OSC, arriving at Kwik Trip in Windsor seven minutes later.
8:22 pm: CH is spotted buying two large bags of ice at Kwik Trip in Windsor.
*Criminal complaint states that 7/1 was "date of offense" for the murder charges*
7/2/2021: CH claims BH and KH "left with another couple" to go to Langlade County in the early morning.
6:41 am: KH's phone starts routing to voicemail
6:45 am: CH claims this is when he woke up.
Witnesses DK and JM notice both BH and KH have their cars in the driveway, they talk to CH and he mentions "blood everywhere"
CM provides CH with cleaning products
7/3/2021: CH is seen by witness JD walking away from his vehicle near DNR land in Sauk County.
8:58 am: CH sends CM a Snapchat from Roxbury.
7/4/2021: CH claims he received a text from KH saying they had arrived safely in Langlade County. CH says he had "heard from his parents" in a phone call with DK.
7/5/2021: Witness CL sees CH backing a Subaru Outback out with the hatch open at her wooded property in Cottage Grove while he was supposed to be swimming in her pool.
7/7/2021: 11:30 AM - BH and KH reported missing to DCSO by CH. Authorities start investigating and talking with friends, relatives and neighbors.
CH interviewed by deputies at OSC, they notice construction debris
7/8/2021: Morning - CH does interviews with Channel 3 and WKOW, appearing off camera.
9:44-9:45 am - CH searches the following terms on Google:
"Body found Wisconsin."
'Woman's body found in Wisconsin."
'Wisconsin dismembered body found."
"Dead body found in Wisconsin."
"Body found in Milwaukee River 2021."
2:00 pm - CH hands off extra cabin keys to MH, who drives up to Langlade County to check for their parents
2:49 pm - CH approaches neighbor and asks if their Ring camera was able to capture the road or the OSC house
3:00 pm - DCSO finds dismembered torso of Bart Halderson on CL's property in Cottage Grove, "unidentifiable remains"
3:12 pm - CH Googles "Bart and Krista".
6:45 pm - Chandler Halderson arrested on suspicion of providing false information in a missing person investigation
9:30 pm - Chandler Halderson booked into jail
7/9/2021: 2pm - Sheriff KB press conference, announcement that "remains were found on a rural property in Dane County" as a result of the investigation, pending autopsy so medical examiner can follow COVID-19 protocols.
7/11/2021: Search warrant issued for Oak Springs Circle home that the Halderson family owns in Windsor
7/12/2021: 2:45 pm - Medical examiner discloses torso found in Cottage Grove is that of Bart Halderson, says he died of "homicidal violence"
2:45 pm - CH bail hearing, DDA requests $1 million bond, was only granted $10k because no criminal complaint was ready. State considering charges of 1st deg intentional homicide, mutilating a corpse, hiding a corpse
4:15 pm - CH rearrested and held on murder related charges
7/14/2021: Unidentified human remains found at DNR location in Sauk County where JD saw CH on 7/3 and CM received Snapchat photo that same day.
7/15/2021: CH charged with first-degree intentional homicide, mutilating a corpse, hiding a corpse, providing false info on a kidnapping
3:30 pm - KB announces new information about DNR location, answers questions about CM's possible involvement and reiterates investigation is very early and active
7/16/2021: Remains found at DNR location are autopsied and ME says they are likely KH, but needs DNA sample from MH to confirm.
7/28/2021: BH and KH's cell phones and identification are found hidden in a shoe and wrapped in foil at OSC.
7/29/2021: DNA analysis from DNR remains and MH's DNA sample confirm the remains are those of Krista Halderson.
8/24/2021: Amended criminal complaint filed, CH is charged with the murders of both his parents.

OCT 13, 2021
Three search warrants unsealed in Halderson couple’s homicide case (nbc15.com)
Three search warrants totaling 64 pages in the Halderson homicide case were unsealed late Tuesday.

[...]

Two search warrants requested information from the company that owns Cash App, a mobile payment service, and cell phone records.

[...]

... According to these search warrants, Chandler did not use traditional banking methods and used Venmo, another mobile payment service, to purchase a tarp and ice on July 1.

The tarp purchased was similar to the tarp found with Bart’s remains, according to a Dane County detective.

The warrant was issued for Cash App records because detectives said there may be more purchases made that are “likely associated with his parents’ disappearance, death, and disposal.”

The third warrant allowed detectives to get a DNA sample as well as photos of any injuries from Chandler.

... His next hearing is on Nov. 16. He is currently scheduled for a jury trial in January.

OCT 13, 2021
Three search warrants unsealed in Halderson couple’s homicide case (nbc15.com)
Three search warrants totaling 64 pages in the Halderson homicide case were unsealed late Tuesday.

[...]

Two search warrants requested information from the company that owns Cash App, a mobile payment service, and cell phone records.

[...]

... According to these search warrants, Chandler did not use traditional banking methods and used Venmo, another mobile payment service, to purchase a tarp and ice on July 1.

The tarp purchased was similar to the tarp found with Bart’s remains, according to a Dane County detective.

The warrant was issued for Cash App records because detectives said there may be more purchases made that are “likely associated with his parents’ disappearance, death, and disposal.”

The third warrant allowed detectives to get a DNA sample as well as photos of any injuries from Chandler.

... His next hearing is on Nov. 16. He is currently scheduled for a jury trial in January.
Thanks for catching this one @PommyMommy. Glad authorities are being transparent and releasing the warrants here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back