GUILTY WI - Breanna Schneller, 18, murdered in her Wausau home, 2 May 2009

Wausau Police Chief Jeff Hardel says an arrest has been made in the Breanne Schneller homicide.
According to a press release, Raul Ponce-Rocha was arrested for the crime.

More details are expected to be released at a 2 p.m. press conference Tuesday afternoon. More at link: http://www.wsaw.com/home/headlines/44788672.html

I watched the news conference regarding Breanna Schneller's murder. Raul Ponce-Rocha is on immigration hold by ICE until formal charges are filed for the murder of Breanna. DNA evidence was found in the dumpster at the restaurant that Sebastian, his brother Hugo, and Ponce_Rocha worked, and this evidence was linked to Ponce-Rocha

Ponce-Rocha was also seen in the parking lot of the apartment complex during the time of Breanna's murder. Both Sebastian and Hugo were proven to be working at the time of Breanna's murder. Evidence was also located in Ponce-Rocha's apartment and his car has been impounded.

Breanna was beaten and stabbed multiple times. At this time, no motive has been established.

I watched the news conference regarding Breanna Schneller's murder. Raul Ponce-Rocha is on immigration hold by ICE until formal charges are filed for the murder of Breanna. DNA evidence was found in the dumpster at the restaurant that Sebastian, his brother Hugo, and Ponce_Rocha worked, and this evidence was linked to Ponce-Rocha

Ponce-Rocha was also seen in the parking lot of the apartment complex during the time of Breanna's murder. Both Sebastian and Hugo were proven to be working at the time of Breanna's murder. Evidence was also located in Ponce-Rocha's apartment and his car has been impounded.

Breanna was beaten and stabbed multiple times. At this time, no motive has been established.

Great, another illegal immigrant crime. At least they caught him.

I wish they could deport him and let him face charges in his homeland. no cable tv in the cell and 3 meals a day in the homeland I would suspect. I hope Breanna's friends and family can find some peace in the capture of this animal.

Can Mexican Nationals face the death penalty if they are tried in the US?

Thank God they caught this monster. How horrible. I pray her family and friends can now begin the healing process.

Wausau police say Raul Ponce-Rocha has been taken into custody for the murder of 18-year old Breanna Schneller of Wausau.

At a news conference Tuesday afternoon Police Chief Jeff Hardel said Ponce-Rocha is being held in Dodge County on an immigration hold. He's due in court in Marathon County Wednesday. More at the link, include a link to Criminal Complaint #1 and #2.

http://www.wsaw.com/home/headlines/44788672.html

kaelee

Poor little thing. I sure hope they can determine a motive and that no one else is involved.

Poor little thing. I sure hope they can determine a motive and that no one else is involved.

I'm sure it was sexual. It's time for the Schneller family to slap a big old lawsuit on the restaurant for employing an illegal alien, not to mention a big fine. I also believe it's illegal to employ illegal aliens.

I am glad that they have arrested a suspect, and I am glad that it was not somebody that Breanna loved who did this to her. As an aside, I am going to say something that hopefully will not offend anybody on this board, but regardless, I am going to. This was a horrific crime that happened to be committed by an illegal alien from Mexico, the fact that he was from Mexico or even that he came here illegally did not make him commit this crime, his internal workings did.

The immigration debate is fair enough to discuss, but given the ethnicity of Breanna's boyfriend (which is a presumption on my part, given his surname), I don't think that this is an aspect of the crime that Breanna would want to become the main issue. I understand why people are outraged, but I do not think that this should be the focus for a number of reasons but especially because it was not the cause. This is just my opinion on the matter but I did feel the need to express it.

I'm sure it was sexual. It's time for the Schneller family to slap a big old lawsuit on the restaurant for employing an illegal alien, not to mention a big fine. I also believe it's illegal to employ illegal aliens.

El Tequila Salsa is an extremely nice restaurant with great employees. I know Hugo pretty well and for everyone to immediately suspect him was ridiculous. I'm glad they found the guy who did this, so that people would stop thinking a nice guy like Hugo would kill his brother's fiance. He is having a really hard time right now. He, his brother, and whoever else works there do not deserve to be punished for Breanna's death. They loved her. Besides, you cannot blame the restaurant- the owners are mexican as well, by the way. I'm sure Breanna wouldn't have wanted her fiance and his family to lose the business they worked so hard for.

I work next door in the same building as El Tequila Salsa so as far as I know I've probably met this guy a few times. He must not be very bright to put everything in the dumpster behind the building.

Breanna's funeral was closed-casket because one side of her face was too disfigured to show or try to hide. This whole city is so sad for her.

El Tequila Salsa is an extremely nice restaurant with great employees. I know Hugo pretty well and for everyone to immediately suspect him was ridiculous. I'm glad they found the guy who did this, so that people would stop thinking a nice guy like Hugo would kill his brother's fiance. He is having a really hard time right now. He, his brother, and whoever else works there do not deserve to be punished for Breanna's death. They loved her. Besides, you cannot blame the restaurant- the owners are mexican as well, by the way. I'm sure Breanna wouldn't have wanted her fiance and his family to lose the business they worked so hard for.

I work next door in the same building as El Tequila Salsa so as far as I know I've probably met this guy a few times. He must not be very bright to put everything in the dumpster behind the building.

Breanna's funeral was closed-casket because one side of her face was too disfigured to show or try to hide. This whole city is so sad for her.

Thank you and welcome to Websleuths. You have articulated what I was trying to say in a way that I never could. I hope that Wausau is able to support Breanna's loved ones through this horrific time and that justice is served.

The suspect seems so callous in this case, to be able to work after committing such a heinous crime, it is just unimaginable. I do have to wonder after reading the complaint, were drugs a factor? There just seems to have been so much rage for somebody who said that he had never even spoken to his victim. I wonder if he wasn't high on some of that "white powder" that he denied using but that members of his group (Hugo) admitted to using prior to the murder? This might be reaching, it would just be nice to make some sense of such a senseless crime.

I am glad that they have arrested a suspect, and I am glad that it was not somebody that Breanna loved who did this to her. As an aside, I am going to say something that hopefully will not offend anybody on this board, but regardless, I am going to. This was a horrific crime that happened to be committed by an illegal alien from Mexico, the fact that he was from Mexico or even that he came here illegally did not make him commit this crime, his internal workings did.

The immigration debate is fair enough to discuss, but given the ethnicity of Breanna's boyfriend (which is a presumption on my part, given his surname), I don't think that this is an aspect of the crime that Breanna would want to become the main issue. I understand why people are outraged, but I do not think that this should be the focus for a number of reasons but especially because it was not the cause. This is just my opinion on the matter but I did feel the need to express it.

I wasn't offended by what you're saying, and I understand your point (being illegal doesn't make you a murderer). The only thing is, if this person had been stopped from coming into our country then Breanna would still be alive.

Originally Posted by Jesikah1

After reviewing everyone's statements on this thread, nowhere did I find that anyone said that because the perp was Mexican was the reason for the crime.

The crime should never have happened if the politicians and law enforcement had been doing their jobs and if the restaurant owner wasn't breaking the law by hiring illegal aliens.

Breanna is dead because these people turned a blind eye to enforcing and obeying our countrys laws. There are approximately 85,000 illegal aliens in Wisconsin who broke the law by coming here illegally. They get free health care, foodstamps, free housing and free education at taxpayer's (your) expense.

What's to stop them from breaking any other law? Like snorting "white powder"? Driving illegally? Assault?

Did you read the criminal complaint to see what this illegal alien did to Breanna and about the drug use by the employee's?

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/Criminal+Complaint+1.pdf

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/Criminal+Complaint+2.pdf

Raul's false sense of entitlement (beyond what the average American gets) is also a cause for this crime, not just his "inner workings". The restaurant owner is partially to blame for this murder and should be fined according to law. He should also be sued by the Schneller family.

Also, why would anyone even want to eat at these restaurants? Who knows what other crimes they are covering up or are responsible for?

I wasn't offended by what you're saying, and I understand your point (being illegal doesn't make you a murderer). The only thing is, if this person had been stopped from coming into our country then Breanna would still be alive.

I do understand what you are saying, I was just thinking that Breanna herself seemed very close to the "Mexican" culture therefore I don't think that she would want the "illegal alien" aspect of the case dwelled upon, which tends to breed bias (JMO).

At this point now I have discussed it more than I had intended so I will stop now. I know it is a sensitive subject but I just feel like this man if wired to kill would have killed no matter where he was living. Furthermore, that kind of pathology is hard to control, kind of like the fake Rockefeller who illegally came here from Germany and is now a suspect in two homicides from the eighties in California, no one brought up their distaste for "illegals" in that case when in reality he may be responsible for not one but two murders.
Okay, again I digress and will stop here. Thank you lizzybeth for you comment.

After reviewing everyone's statements on this thread, nowhere did I find that anyone said that because the perp was Mexican was the reason for the crime.

The crime should never have happened if the politicians and law enforcement had been doing their jobs and if the restaurant owner wasn't breaking the law by hiring illegal aliens.

Breanna is dead because these people turned a blind eye to enforcing and obeying our countrys laws. There are approximately 85,000 illegal aliens in Wisconsin who broke the law by coming here illegally. They get free health care, foodstamps, free housing and free education at taxpayer's (your) expense.

What's to stop them from breaking any other law? Like snorting "white powder"? Driving illegally? Assault?

Did you read the criminal complaint to see what this illegal alien did to Breanna and about the drug use by the employee's?

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/Criminal+Complaint+2.pdf

Raul's false sense of entitlement (beyond what the average American gets) is also a cause for this crime, not just his "inner workings". The restaurant owner is partially to blame for this murder and should be fined according to law. He should also be sued by the Schneller family.

Also, why would anyone even want to eat at these restaurants? Who knows what other crimes they are covering up or are responsible for?

This is exactly what I was trying to avoid and knew posting about it might do this so I will not respond except for the fact that I was born and raised in Wisconsin and all my family lives there and I would take extreme exception to your statistic that there is 85,000 illegal immigrants living in Wi. However, if there was, it points to the fact that they commit very few violent crimes in Wi as I follow those closely and this is the first that I have heard of one being committed by a Mexican National.

I am sorry I ever brought this up here and I promise to end it here. God Bless.

Wausau PD Incident Report:

page 3: In the other bedroom, I found hundreds of dollar bills, along with various coin currency, most of the money was in one dollar bills, with some five dollar bills mixed in. There was a kitchen sink tub of the type used to wash dishes that had a large amount of the paper bills in it, but there was also a slightly smaller amount of similar bills on the bookshelf at the foot of the bed.

page 6: First, Hugo stated that he worked at El Tequila Salsa on 05-01-09 until 2230 hours. He said he stayed there socializing until midnight. Hugo then stated he went to Paradox bar in Wausau with some friends, and that he normally does not use drugs. I asked Hugo what drugs he used. He said he was not sure, but he described it as a "white powder". Hugo said he used the drugs in the bathroom at the Paradox, and did not know who he got the drugs from.

meltmedown, a couple of questions;

Would you say the hundreds of dollars in small bills found in Hugo's room are his tip money as a dishwasher or money from selling "white powder"?

How well do you know Hugo?

Did you ever party with him?

Are Hugo and his brother also illegal aliens?

Based on Hugo's actions after the crime, do you feel that he went home to get rid of any "white powder" that may have been laying around before the police got there?

You state above that Raul wasn't very bright. Who do you think is the brighter person; your friend Hugo, who snorts a white powder that he doesn't even know what it is or where he got it from, or, Raul, who hides several pair of Breanna'a panties and her cell phone in a dumpster behind his place of employment? We won't even take into consideration Hugo's odd actions at the crime scene and his questionable delay in notifying authorities of a murder. (He had somebody else do that for him)

The only people I've heard of who take panties from murder scenes as mementos are serial killers. By Raul's actions after the crime, I'd say he's committed other murders in the past. Now that his DNA will be in the system, we'll find out, maybe.

However, if there was, it points to the fact that they commit very few violent crimes in Wi as I follow those closely and this is the first that I have heard of one being committed by a Mexican National.
It's immaterial how many illegal immigrants there are in Wisconsin, but just because they commit very few violent crimes still doesn't excuse them from being here illegally. Even one violent crime by an illegal immigrant is one too many. Breanna's murder shouldn't have happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back