Found Deceased WI - Caitlyn Pa Chia Xiong, 20, Appleton, 5 Oct 2017

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
Police are asking the public for help in locating a missing Appleton woman.

Caitlyn Pa Chia Xiong, 20, was reported missing by a friend Oct. 5. She was last seen earlier in the day.

Police say no activity has occurred on her phone or her bank accounts.
BBM

She is described as approximately 5 feet, 2 inches tall, weighing around 100 pounds with brown eyes and black hair.

http://fox11online.com/news/local/appleton-police-searching-for-missing-woman
2b7a27541afb88c56dfe20db2c69e897.jpg

I am from Appleton wi, I just found out about this. I have a very reliable source that informed me she actually left her purse at work, phone at home, and she does not drive. She usually gets picked up/dropped off. What I found really odd is that "a friend" reported her missing and not a family member i.e. her parents. Something feels really fishy about this whole thing.

I am from Appleton wi, I just found out about this. I have a very reliable source that informed me she actually left her purse at work, phone at home, and she does not drive. She usually gets picked up/dropped off. What I found really odd is that "a friend" reported her missing and not a family member i.e. her parents. Something feels really fishy about this whole thing.
Welcome to websleuths claudzbaby. The additional details you mentioned doesn't sound good.

Some additional info-

Police: Appleton woman's disappearance out of character

“Obviously, she’s an adult, and she has gone places," Sgt. Chue Thao told USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin, "but she always let family know that she would be gone for the weekend, let’s say camping or out on vacation. The family would always know where she’s at. This one is really very, very unusual.”

Xiong was last seen at her home by a family member shortly after midnight Wednesday. She was reported missing to Appleton police by a friend late Thursday.

Thao said investigators spent Friday tracking down information from Xiong's friends and family.

“Based on what they told us, she was going through some hard times in terms of a personal relationship,” Thao said. “They thought she may have just walked away to take some time off for herself.”

http://www.postcrescent.com/story/n...womans-disappearance-out-character/755161001/

http://www.nbc26.com/news/20-year-old-woman-missing-from-appleton
This article has the most information I've been able to find. The video shows a guy who she was dating for 1.5 years, then separated. The guy says two days later, he found out she was missing. To support what you have stated, claudzbaby, the ex-bf also states she does not have her phone. According to him, she left some things of his on his grandmother's porch, and a note "saying goodbye, and things like that". (Me: uh-oh.)

Investigators say there does not seem like there was a struggle. But there has been no activity on her phone or bank records.

Regarding a friend reporting her missing rather than a family member, my guess might be that her family lives overseas in..I don't know, maybe China(?), and do not speak English. So maybe they then asked the friend to report it to the local authorities for them.

Edited to add: just saw Lisa's post above, and the article states "Xiong was last seen at her home by a family member shortly after midnight Wednesday", so forget what I said above. However, it still might be possible that her family asked her friend to make the report for them, due to language difficulties, maybe? Still, kinda strange, like you say, if she does have family here.

Family says missing Appleton woman wasn't a runaway or suicidal

Caitlyn Pa Chia Xiong, the 20-year-old Appleton woman who has been missing for more than a week, disappeared under suspicious circumstances, her family said.

"She's not a runaway," Kerry Yang, a spokesman for Xiong's family, told USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin. "She wasn't suicidal. We think something has befallen her."

"We're trying to locate her in any way that we can," she said. "The police have been looking for her, but we have not had any leads. We are really worried about her."

Appleton police haven't disclosed a lot of information about Xiong's disappearance.

"In speaking with investigators, there are some things we are working on which require us to keep details to a minimum," Sgt. Dave Lund said in an email.

Yang said Xiong was going through a breakup with her boyfriend at the time of her disappearance. She last was seen by her mother shortly after midnight Oct. 4 at an Appleton home shared by Xiong and her grandmother.

When her grandmother awoke about 6 a.m. Oct. 5, she noticed Xiong was gone.

"The night before she was crying and upset about the breakup, but her mom said she seemed like she was going to be fine," Yang said.

Family members initially didn't think anything was amiss, Yang said. They thought someone might have picked up Xiong to take her to work.

The boyfriend involved in the breakup notified police that Xiong was missing late Thursday, Yang said. Police issued a statement Tuesday afternoon asking for the public’s help in finding Xiong.

No activity has occurred on her phone or Facebook page or with her bank accounts since her disappearance, police said.

Yang said Xiong left behind her cellphone, money and makeup kit.

"She's big into makeup," Yang said. "She would have taken her makeup with her."

https://amp.postcrescent.com/amp/758747001

One thing that bothers me. If she and the boyfriend had broken up and she said goodbye in a note. How did he know she was "missing?".

One thing that bothers me. If she and the boyfriend had broken up and she said goodbye in a note. How did he know she was "missing?".

I know we always looks at the boyfriend/spouse, but my first thought was that she said something in the note that made him think of suicide...perhaps the “goodbye” sounded more ominous and permanent. Plus, she returned items belonging to him. When he couldn’t reach her, he possibly became concerned enough to call LE. Maybe her family was reluctant to do so. That’s just an impression and a theory and I could be wrong. But I’ve learned never to believe family and friends who say the person wasn’t suicidal. Often, there aren’t any obvious signs. In fact, once the person makes the decision their mood often lightens. I certainly hope she’s OK, but it doesn’t sound good.
JMO

A correction to my prior post, and some speculations.

Correction:
I re-listened to the nbc26 video, and I misheard what the reporter said what the ex-bf said. She says, "He says Caitlyn told him she would leave his things on her grandmother's porch." (bolded by me). On my first listen, I thought I heard HIS. Just correcting, for accuracy's sake.

Speculations, random thoughts:
Her ex-bf said they broke up two days before he found out she was missing. So, I am assuming that would mean they broke up on Tue, Oct 3.

If the grandmother woke up at 6am on Oct 5 to find Caitlyn gone, Caitlyn either walked away or was picked up or taken by a car or other vehicle (if accurate that she didn't drive).

The police, according to reports, searched the Fox River from Peabody Park to State 441. I assume that was for the possibility of her drowning, thinking she might have been suicidal.

By Caitlyn putting the ex-bf's things on the porch where she lives along with the note gives me the thought that she didn't intend or want to see him when he came around to picking his things up.

"Family members initially didn't think anything was amiss" and thought someone picked her up and took her to work, according that report LisaWL7TR posted. As Lilibet surmised, maybe it the bf who actually sounded the alarm to the family, due to the letter she left for him.

Claudzbaby said her purse was left at her workplace. That is puzzling. Did she actually show up for work on Oct 5, and disappeared from there? No reports that she was at work that day, though. When did she leave her purse there, and why...

Comments about remarks on boyfriend's FB page were quickly deleted on another forum. Police were searching the Fox River according to report. Body found tonight. NO DETAILS.

The purse at work is puzzling.

From my understanding she was home the night of the Wednesday the 4th and crying and upset around midnight.

Then on early Thursday at 6am on the 5th the grandmother sees that she is missing but doesnt call LE or anything because I think she thought she was picked up to go to work or something.

Some of my questions
The purse. How did the purse end up at work. Was work a walking distance from where she was staying?
If not then it would have had to have been left there before she was home on Wednesday OR someone did pick her up to go to work early that morning. But it makes no sense the purse was left at work or how it got there.
The purse is the key here. How and when and by whom did the purse arrive at work?

How did the boyfriend know she was missing? He had all day Thursday to find out from someone. But he called LE. Why and how did he know it was so urgent to call LE? Did he even try to call the grandmother?
Since the grandmother thought she had gone to work i guess the grandmother did not even realize she was really missing yet. So how did the boyfriend know it was so urgent?

"The boyfriend involved in the breakup notified police that Xiong was missing late Thursday,."

https://amp.postcrescent.com/amp/758747001

Now we do know she was very upset. If she was balling and crying that to me means she was very very upset. But still there are some serious questions here.

I think LE needs to fingerprint the purse and get any video of the comings and goings to where that purse ended up. And of course if they find her and she is not with us anymore then an autopsy should tell a lot.

Lets hope she is still alive somewhere and just needed time away. Wishful thinking im afraid.

The wording of this article is interesting. It almost makes it sound like the ex boyfriend saw her earlier that day. Could be bad reporting though or im just interpreting it wrong.

I looked up a map and the river where body was found does go right through Aplleton Wisconsin. I sure hope that is not her body but it does not sound good.

"Caitlyn Pa Chia Xiong, 20, was reported missing by a friend Oct. 5. She was last seen earlier in the day."

The first link has both article about her missing and also article under it about body found in same link.

The 2nd link is a map of area

https://www.google.com/maps/place/A...a1d6a50675935b!8m2!3d44.2619309!4d-88.4153847

The wording of this article is interesting. It almost makes it sound like the ex boyfriend saw her earlier that day. Could be bad reporting though or im just interpreting it wrong.

I looked up a map and the river where body was found does go right through Aplleton Wisconsin. I sure hope that is not her body but it does not sound good.

"Caitlyn Pa Chia Xiong, 20, was reported missing by a friend Oct. 5. She was last seen earlier in the day."

The first link has both article about her missing and also article under it about body found in same link.

The 2nd link is a map of area

https://www.google.com/maps/place/A...a1d6a50675935b!8m2!3d44.2619309!4d-88.4153847

Oh no! Found deceased [emoji20]: http://www.wbay.com/content/news/Fo...as-missing-woman-Caitlyn-Xiong-451704773.html

OUTAGAMIE CO. Wis. (WBAY) -- The Outagamie County coroner confirms a body pulled out of the Fox River Saturday morning is a missing Appleton woman.

Twenty-year-old Caitlin Pa Chia Xiong was reported missing on October 5.

Nine days later, the Outagamie County Sheriff's Office says the body was pulled from the river near Heesakker Park in Little Chute.

An autopsy was completed on Monday. Appleton investigators are still waiting for results to know how she died.

RIP, Caitlyn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa