WI WI - Deidre Harm, 21, Wisconsin Rapids, 11 June 2006

Deidre was found near a place called Blueberry Hill in the Town of Seneca about between 5-7 miles outside of Wisconsin Rapids. Deidre did not have a vehicle of her own so someone took her to this location. Other sites have speculated about suicide. I am positive this is not the case. Theresa O.

Thank you so very much for the location.

It looks like we are looking for someone who knows this location. I believe the person who murdered Deidre knew where he was going to leave her body before he left town. He has been in this area before as with so many other cases..... hunting and fishing?

Re: your comment about suicide. I agree, she did not commit suicide, I feel certain of this.

I assume deer hunters found her, based on the timing. Wonder if this was public or private land?

Gabe, her friend, has a conviction for disorderly conduct that included a 2005 no contact order with Finish Line Bar. (Same bar they were at that night.)

She was also in a paternity action with Scott Harm and Ross Brandt. She had a joint petition for Divorce from Scott - filed in 4/2005 and finished in August 2005. (No criminal record for Scott)

Ross has EXTENSIVE criminal record. 5/2006 Disorderly conduct filed - ordered to have no contact with "AK". He's had his third drunk driving conviction...(he's 26). Tons of disorderly convictions, some battery, on and on.

I'm guessing based on WI law, that Deidre had a baby during her marriage, and then it's presumed Scott's. Then she and Scott went after Ross as the probable father for child support. Scott would then not have to pay C/S aft er the divorce.

If all that is right - a man who doesn't want to pay support is a pretty good suspect in homicide.

Beth Engleman said:
Which man is from Appleton, WI? There is an important clue there.
What's the clue -if you can share?

Also - scratch my previous assertion - no divorce between Scott Harm and Deidre - Scott and Deborah Harm divorced in 2005. This screws up a lot - I'm guessing that since it was filed 10/2006 Ross wants custody after Diedre disappeared, and Scott (dad) is fighting it??? Or Scott wants $$ for granddaughter's support from Ross?

Anyway... gabe had been ticketed in Fond du Lac County. Ross only has Wood County convictions.

Can't find an Appleton address or connection...

appleton's only a hour, though - so might not be a big deal...

this is getting way off. Ross does want to raise his child. Scott would also like to raise his grandchild. I dont believe either is responsible for Deidre's death. Ross was proveably out of the area on the night she went missing. Gabe was just a friend to Deidre along with the rest of the group. He had dated Jess otherwise they were just friends. Very close friends. And Gabe only moved here a few years ago. Also using WCCA without personal knowledge of the people can be dangerous. These kids have been through enough and so have the parents. Deidre's name has already been drug through the mud. Lets let them alone unless the investigations prove otherwise. Gabe was in trouble for stopping a fight between his girlfriend and another girl. I know this group of kids but just like everyone judging Deidre out of short information it can only hurt to do the same with these kids. Theresa

TheresaO said:
this is getting way off. Ross does want to raise his child. Scott would also like to raise his grandchild. I dont believe either is responsible for Deidre's death. Ross was proveably out of the area on the night she went missing. Gabe was just a friend to Deidre along with the rest of the group. He had dated Jess otherwise they were just friends. Very close friends. And Gabe only moved here a few years ago. Also using WCCA without personal knowledge of the people can be dangerous. These kids have been through enough and so have the parents. Deidre's name has already been drug through the mud. Lets let them alone unless the investigations prove otherwise. Gabe was in trouble for stopping a fight between his girlfriend and another girl. I know this group of kids but just like everyone judging Deidre out of short information it can only hurt to do the same with these kids. Theresa

Thank you for clearing this up, Theresa.

I got the names I researched from news articles, and WCCA is public record. Their convictions, which I stated, are public record and there's no reason that I can't draw my own conclusions if I wish.

I don't know these people personally, and I believe that I have absolutely given respect to the victim in this case. Everyone else is fair game for speculation.

It may be easier to think that a stranger killed her, but statistics show it's usually someone close to the victim, and it's usually her paramour. No reason not to look at them as well as everyone else.

Ang50 said:
I got the names I researched from news articles, and WCCA is public record. Their convictions, which I stated, are public record and there's no reason that I can't draw my own conclusions if I wish.

I don't know these people personally, and I believe that I have absolutely given respect to the victim in this case. Everyone else is fair game for speculation.

It may be easier to think that a stranger killed her, but statistics show it's usually someone close to the victim, and it's usually her paramour. No reason not to look at them as well as everyone else.

I do know them all personally and I can tell you that Deidre is the victim of the crime that killed her but her daughter and parents are also victims and so are the rest of her family and friends. These people have been punished enough. All of them. Until WCCA starts telling the story behind the charges and convictions you shouldn’t make someone who stopped his girlfriend from being hurt in a bar fight a murder suspect. And I am pretty sure it was your post that had her father, friend and father of her baby all screwed up. I would like to know what news article you found that named the father. You are entitled to your opinion but when you lay it out like a Days of our lives episode especially with completely twisted information like in your first WCCA post those who know and love the poeple you are accusing have a right to give their opinion as well.

Theresa

...is any reason for her to have committed suicide? Was she ever treated for depression/mental illness? Could she possibly have had untreated post-partum depression/mental illness?

She did have a short bout with mild ppd. That had long been resolved. Maybe it will help people to know that Deidre had no car. She walked the six blocks to downtown and was expected to meet back up with her friend. Deidre was 5-7 miles out of town which would be 8-11 miles from the downtown area. We have an east and west side of town. She went with her friend on the east side of town she was found outside the west side of town. There is no reason to believe she took her own life. Because we have not yet heard an official cause of death it does leave that question for those that don't know her personally or the area. Deidre was actually excited that her life was going in the right direction.

TheresaO said:
I do know them all personally and I can tell you that Deidre is the victim of the crime that killed her but her daughter and parents are also victims and so are the rest of her family and friends. These people have been punished enough. All of them. Until WCCA starts telling the story behind the charges and convictions you shouldn’t make someone who stopped his girlfriend from being hurt in a bar fight a murder suspect. And I am pretty sure it was your post that had her father, friend and father of her baby all screwed up. I would like to know what news article you found that named the father. You are entitled to your opinion but when you lay it out like a Days of our lives episode especially with completely twisted information like in your first WCCA post those who know and love the poeple you are accusing have a right to give their opinion as well.

Theresa
Obviously you are very personally involved in this, and you are acting as an advocate and protector for Deidre. Those of us who have been on Websleuths a long time welcome family and friend's contributions, and lend support as we can. However, the site is WebSLEUTHS, and part of the purpose of this site is to share information and extrapolate from it.

In our Terms of Service, there is an absolute bar against victim bashing. I have not said anything negative about Diedre, but you have recourse to make a complaint if you feel I have violated our TOS.

Gabe has a DC conviction stemming from an incident at a bar where he later returned with Diedre. That's simply factual, and I didn't draw any further conclusions with him.

I did in my first post have Diedre's father, Scott, as her husband or ex. I immediately posted a retraction. Because I made the initial confusion, I had a different conclusion in that first post. Scott Harm was named in a news article - one of those first links in this post - as her father. Ross's name popped up in the paternity action on WCCA.

While you have valuable first-hand information, a detached review of the situation can also help. If I were investigating this crime, I would look hard at Ross Brandt. You have stated he was "proveably" out of the area. Here at Websleuths, we would want more information that backs up that statement, if you'd want to share. i.e. was he driving distance still? Who was with him? Is that a reliable alibi? Better yet - was he incarcerated on a different offense when she disappeared? That - of course - would be indisputable evidence.

Ross is a violent person and is a habitual criminal. It doesn't mean that he killed Diedre. Ross also was likely paying child support, and we often see women or their children harmed by the baby's daddy. Again, this doesn't mean Ross harmed Dierde or Vegas, but just that it merits a good look.

We appreciate your sharing of information and hopefully you will feel welcome to do so.

TheresaO said:
She did have a short bout with mild ppd. That had long been resolved. Maybe it will help people to know that Deidre had no car. She walked the six blocks to downtown and was expected to meet back up with her friend. Deidre was 5-7 miles out of town which would be 8-11 miles from the downtown area. We have an east and west side of town. She went with her friend on the east side of town she was found outside the west side of town. There is no reason to believe she took her own life. Because we have not yet heard an official cause of death it does leave that question for those that don't know her personally or the area. Deidre was actually excited that her life was going in the right direction.
Suicide doesn't make a lot of sense based on where she was found either. What woman goes off into the woods to kill herself? Most women take pills, or do carbon monoxide...

Theresa - the news article linked below said it was private land she was found on. Do you know from local info - did the person who owned the land have a connection to Dierdre?

As far as the autopsy, you would think that it would be expedited, considering this is likely a homicide and not death by old age or something. Also, I would guess that the body didn't show initial signs of trauma or initial cause of death, because usually the news will contain a hint if it did. (i.e. blunt force trauma to the skull, gunshot wounds, etc.)

Theresa - are there two areas to go out in in Rapids? I've been there, for wrestling events at the high school, but I don't remember the downtown. I do remember I had the 2nd best fish fry EVER in Rapids. We used to stay at the Hotel Mead.

ANG50 is right I am way to close to this. I will stay out of the information sharing as I am very defensive of Deidre and those she loved. I guess I will just watch and try not to care about the mis information or the rush to what seems easy when it has already been ruled out. For those of you that care about the extended victims of the crime Thank YOU I suggest you use things like mapquest and news clippings read carefully and tossed aroung as idea's. Please try not to jump to the simple conclusion attacking it like a dog with a bone. I am not the only one who could run across this site and be angered and hurt by the views. I had hoped to find a unique perspective here. I can see that probably wont be allowed. Again I can't stress enough and WCCA is clear it is the raw fact of a charge it is not ever the situation. Theresa

I see both sides of the issue and add this info in hopes that it helps both sides.
(The moderators can correct me if I am wrong.)

Yes this IS websleuths and so cases are discussed BUT websleuths is a bit unique in that the "missing information & support" section and also the "Located information and support" and also the "missing but not forgotten" sections are for only for posting information about the case and posting support of/for family and friends involved in the case and those sections are not supposed to be used for case discussion (See the sticky posted in this section & read #2 post there.)
tybee204 said:
The purpose of this Forum is Information and Support. Opinions and discussion should be posted on the Located Discussion Forum.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=521665&postcount=2

There are 4 subsections to the missing section of websleuths and of the four only the last, the "Missing/Located Forum Discussion" is supposed to be used for case discussion. As I understand it from reading posts made by moderators, the idea is to have 3 subsections in the missing forum that are sort of sheltered areas for family and friends where case discussions with the unpleasant possibilities is not allowed and one section in which case discussion is allowed. This allows cases to be discussed but also allows family and friends to have a different place to go that avoids having unpleasant possibilities posted.

Note that the "Missing/Located Forum Discussion " subsection, which is not the section we are in now, has a description that reads "This is the place for case discussion and opinion regarding all cases on the Missing/Located Forums"

I hope this info helps all involved.

Please feel free to discuss this tragic disappearance.

Docwho - you are a frequent poster here as well - and I believe were also involved in the Christine Rudy case from northern WI where we ran across this same issue.

I maintain that what I have posted is INFORMATION and I made a particular effort not to veer into speculation. What I posted was factual, or I extrapolated based on the legal implications of those facts. And of course, there are other posters who definitely "discussed" - including the person who is objecting. But it doesn't matter... I have started a different thread in the discussion section so that this doesn't become confused.

Anyone who is interested in discussing the case, sharing opinions, etc. can use this link. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44971

A brief review of my information from my research:

Gabe, her friend, has a conviction for disorderly conduct that included a 2005 no contact order with Finish Line Bar. (Same bar/upscale strip club they were at that night.) It has been asserted that he was protecting his girlfriend. The DA downgraded the case and let him plead out to only a $300 fine, and it was dealt with very quickly, so this would make sense. (However, Ross Brandt's last DC conviction also had a fine, so it all depends on the DA.)

There is a paternity action for Diedre's baby with Ross Brandt. Scott Harm, her father, is a co-filer. It was filed in October 2006. My guess is that Scott is looking to have visitation or custody of Dierdre's child. **I will post more on WI law in regards to grandparent's rights in this area.

Ross has EXTENSIVE criminal record. 5/2006 Disorderly conduct filed - ordered to have no contact with "AK". He's had his third drunk driving conviction...(he's 26). Tons of disorderly convictions, some battery, on and on. It has been stated that he was "proveably" out of the area. I assume police have looked at him extensively. **will post more on this too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back