Identified! WI - Delafield, WhtMale, UP7632, car stolen, lighter, Sep'77 - John Lindberg Scott

I’ve never seen this couple listed anywhere before as missing; they were kidnapped in mid-1977
90fa3a9a3737232aeb717fe22d75fe9b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say they share some facial features with the sumter county does (I know they died in 1976 so it's not them). Perhaps they come from the same ethnic background.

Does anyone know if John Szyc was identified through DNA as a Gacy victim? I know he is listed as a victim but I’m wondering if they used DNA to confirm. The only thing I’ve been able to find is that after he disappeared in 1977 his car had been signed over and Gacy had sold it.
8ef5eefeb350bde733ecc449f0cb79e6.jpg

Does anyone know if John Szyc was identified through DNA as a Gacy victim? I know he is listed as a victim but I’m wondering if they used DNA to confirm. The only thing I’ve been able to find is that after he disappeared in 1977 his car had been signed over and Gacy had sold it.
8ef5eefeb350bde733ecc449f0cb79e6.jpg

I believe he was identified through dental records...though I could be wrong . I do believe the Gacy case has impacted this case negatively. I talked to someone about another Gacy victim, John Mowery, and the means which he was identified. I can see John Szyc's resemblance too fwiw.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I believe he was identified through dental records...though I could be wrong . I do believe the Gacy case has impacted this case negatively. I talked to someone about another Gacy victim, John Mowery, and the means which he was identified. I can see John Szyc's resemblance too fwiw.

Thanks! I’ve always thought he looks like John Mowery too :)

Did anyone following this thread see that "Lyle Stevik" was identified? His name was not released, but he was not reported missing and the family believed he simply didn't want contact with the family.

"Lyle" was identified by way of the genealogy DNA websites. Colleen Fitzpatrick, who has worked other other well known UID cases has started an nfp DNA Doe Project.
https://dnadoeproject.org

I would love to see the WI authorities working this case reach out to DNA Doe Project and request their assistance. I would love to see this case solved.

Here is a little more information on how this worked for Lyle's case:

https://heavy.com/news/2018/05/lyle-stevik/

Yep, I have been following.

Here is the latest on this case.

There is a family in the process of being contacted in hopes of a timely DNA comparison. He will not be named here because he was never reported missing. I also want to protect the privacy of his family.

Did anyone following this thread see that "Lyle Stevik" was identified? His name was not released, but he was not reported missing and the family believed he simply didn't want contact with the family.

"Lyle" was identified by way of the genealogy DNA websites. Colleen Fitzpatrick, who has worked other other well known UID cases has started an nfp DNA Doe Project.
https://dnadoeproject.org

I would love to see the WI authorities working this case reach out to DNA Doe Project and request their assistance. I would love to see this case solved.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/05/lyle-stevik/

There is a family in the process of being contacted in hopes of a timely DNA comparison. He will not be named here because he was never reported missing. I also want to protect the privacy of his family.

Just to make sure I'm following, are you saying there is a potential match for this John Doe? I'm not asking for names, etc, just clarification that I'm reading this correctly. Thank you!

Just to make sure I'm following, are you saying there is a potential match for this John Doe? I'm not asking for names, etc, just clarification that I'm reading this correctly. Thank you!
Yep, I found a possible match a little over a year ago. The ME has been in contact with NAMUS and a few detectives over that span of time in order to find family etc....

Fantastic, thanks for the update. I fully agree with protecting the privacy of the family. Sadly, there are too many internet trolls out there..... The loss is difficult enough without people online scrutinizing everything the families do. I'll just be happy he is finally home, when that happens.

Fantastic, thanks for the update. I fully agree with protecting the privacy of the family. Sadly, there are too many internet trolls out there..... The loss is difficult enough without people online scrutinizing everything the families do. I'll just be happy he is finally home, when that happens.
Yes!!!! Exactly Cubby :)

Yep, I found a possible match a little over a year ago. The ME has been in contact with NAMUS and a few detectives over that span of time in order to find family etc....

That's great news!!! Excellent work! I hope it's a match!

That's great news!!! Excellent work! I hope it's a match!
Thank you ,me too.

"Namstache", who has posted here and elsewhere on the forum, has helped me immensely and deserves thanks (and then some) for more than I can put into words.

I'm pretty good at reading faces and if say hands down this guy and the unidentified man are the same person!! I sure hope someone looks into this!

Omg Wow that seriously is AMAZING!!! Such great news really it isn't you have done an amazing job on this thread also, everybody has!!
I think that might be the case with many of thes UIDs .. they probably were not reported missing..

DNA Doe Project

Lyle Stevik: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Anyone that shops Amazon can donate to DDP thru Amazon Smiles. I was on Amazon the other day, it asked me to pick a charity which I hadn't done because I didn't care for any of the ones I'd seen. I figured what the heck; typed in DNA Doe Project, up it popped. I contacted Colleen the other day, still have not seen them post about it yet so I'm trying to tell people. I don't shop much on Amazon but will make it a point to shop thru the smiles project to give DDP credit for my shopping trip.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back