Identified! WI - Delafield, WhtMale, UP7632, car stolen, lighter, Sep'77 - John Lindberg Scott

Results came in this week. I'm deeply saddened and quite shocked, actually, to report that the familial DNA did not suggest a biological relationship between Delafield Doe and the missing man.

Richard Wayne Morrison ("Rick") purposely disappeared from Wisconsin in 1977 to create a new life/new identity. His car was later found burned out in California, but his body was not found. He had left behind a rather large amount of money back in Wisconsin. There was speculation that he may have returned not only for the cash, but also for a female companion of interest in an attempt to persuade her to travel with him. Now that the family has an answer as to whether or not he had returned on that September morning for those reasons, they are happy to believe once and for all that he may have been successful in creating his new life.

Rick Morrison remains missing and his NAMUS profile will be made public soon. Until then, I've put up two pictures of him on my website if you'd like to see how closely he truly resembles Delafield Doe.

Thank you mas.nitram for your research; without your help, Rick Morrison would never have been listed in the database of missing persons. Even though he was not a match, hopefully in the future we can help his family find the answer they seek.

Bumping this possible match. Thoughts?
My reservation about it being a match is based on the isotope analysis. The area of probable or possible provenance in that area of the country does not extend south enough to even include Iowa or Illinois, so Missouri would be even more of a stretch.
But don't let me stop anyone from inquiring about this! He really has a good resemblance possibility and I'm all for checking on any possible match.

My reservation about it being a match is based on the isotope analysis. The area of probable or possible provenance in that area of the country does not extend south enough to even include Iowa or Illinois, so Missouri would be even more of a stretch.
But don't let me stop anyone from inquiring about this! He really has a good resemblance possibility and I'm all for checking on any possible match.

Refresh my memory on the isotope analysis for this uid. I'm drawing a blank...... Other than to say based on how inaccurate some of the isotope analysis has been on UID's later id'd, and discussed here, I've pretty much written it off. It's been way way off I just dismiss it from consideration.

I haven't totally given up on isotope testing.
Based on what we learned about the recent ID of 3 of the Bear Brook victims, their isotope results were somewhat accurate, but, for some reason, CA didn't register as significantly as it should have. The NH AG in the 2015 press conference called Ca a possibility, that they may have visited there, that's why it showed up, but they said they didn't believe it was a where Marlyse (at the time, referred to as the adult female) was raised (paraphrased). He was somewhat right-- her family moved there when she was a teen.
Marcia King's isotopes may have put her in her home area had they used teeth and bone for the samples instead of hair and nails. We'll never know, though.

I haven't totally given up on isotope testing.
Based on what we learned about the recent ID of 3 of the Bear Brook victims, their isotope results were somewhat accurate, but, for some reason, CA didn't register as significantly as it should have. The NH AG in the 2015 press conference called Ca a possibility, that they may have visited there, that's why it showed up, but they said they didn't believe it was a where Marlyse (at the time, referred to as the adult female) was raised (paraphrased). He was somewhat right-- her family moved there when she was a teen.
Marcia King's isotopes may have put her in her home area had they used teeth and bone for the samples instead of hair and nails. We'll never know, though.
That's really interesting, thank you!

Delafield Doe did have teeth and bones used, but the analysis was limited to interpretations based on isotopes in North America. Other regions of the world have similar values to the ones in his analysis so if he ever lived on another continent, the isotope values would need to be reexamined.

His analysis showed he would have spent significant time in the New England, Great Lakes, or Pacific Northwest regions during adolescence. His lifetime average region of origin is roughly the same area but also includes regions farther north, such as Canada.

The full list of probable and possible areas of provenance is now in his NamUs profile.

New information!
DD may have been under the care of a dentist near the time of his death! The medical examiner has updated his case file to reflect that he had a temporary filling on tooth #24. This is a bottom central incisor toward the left side of the mouth.

Thanks for the clarification. For some reason, I thought he was edentulous.
Well he was definitely missing several upper teeth. Eight of his upper teeth were missing: four incisors and 2 molars on both the left and right side. Each of them had healed sockets, indicating they had been gone for a while and were not missing as a result of the accident.

He may have worn a partial upper denture. A denture was not found but his upper central and lateral incisors were missing and had healed sockets. The temporary filling was on a bottom incisor.

Hmm. Not that it might help the case, but I wonder if these missing teeth might indicate he once player hockey?

Do we know if anyone is working on his genetic dna? Were his prints ever uploaded to afis?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back