Identified! WI - Delafield, WhtMale, UP7632, car stolen, lighter, Sep'77 - John Lindberg Scott

They just updated their Facebook. Delafield is now in bioinformatics, which is the last step before being uploaded into the system. If there are no problems, he should be in sometime this month.

Can you please add the link to the FB info you mention. I couldn't find it, but I stink at FB stuff.

I'm confused. Delafield doe went from pending to needing funding on DDP. What does this mean? I thought cases went from needing funding to pendinb, not vice versa, but I could be wrong. I thought the necessary funding was already obtained for Delafield Doe.

So confuzzzzzzed.

It probably means that they need to do another round of extraction to get a better quality sample, and therefore need a second round of funding to pay for it.

Ok, I don't understand it, but I'll trust it..... none of that DNA stuff makes sense to me.

On another note, I found an old article about this case. It mentions a bottle of pills found with our John Doe, with a doctors name and number, but no city or area code.

John Doe - Newspapers.com

I wish we knew more about this prescription. I realize the physical evidence no longer exists, but what about notes with the doctors info and perhaps what kind of prescription.

I heard from the ME's office this morning regarding this case with some new information I can share.

The DNA swabs from James Charles Stanford family has been received at the lab. The lab is closed due to Covid-19 which is causing back ups in testing.

More to follow.

NamUs has been updated with some additional information regarding the envelope found with the prescription. The name "Scott" was on the prescription.

She gave me the name of the doctor who wrote the prescription, but I don't yet have her permission to post his name and I don't know that his name is particularly relevant in helping us id our guy.

Here is what I can share. The doctor had a family practice in Berwyn and retired in 1976. He is long since deceased.

IF our guy resided in Berwyn he may have attended Morton West High School. Anyone with a subscription to classmates or another site that has yearbook pictures is welcome to see if anyone from Morton West say from the class of 1968 through 1974 resembles our guy and research indicates no evidence of this person being alive after 1977.

DO NOT post personal names of people from a yearbook search. A photo, initials, page number, year and name of HS yearbook should be OK for the thread. ANY additional information for discussion will have to be set up in the conversation/private message area of Websleuths and we can discuss there.

Hth. At least we have a little more to chew on while we await the forensic stuff.

Did anyone find any info on RS from Morton West class of 1976? The name is so common I was unable to find a thing on him.

Normally I like to do a little more vetting before sending to the authorities, but this guy resembles our guy enough I can just brush it aside and am going to forward the information @coffeeandacig sent me to the ME. Since she has access to info the general public doesn't maybe she can find out if RS is still alive or not. Especially since Cook county was able to locate some living missing persons in their quest to ID the remaining Gacy uid's.

I'll wait a few days since it's a holiday weekend and that will give posters some time to read this and let us know if anything was found for RS.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back