AMBER ALERT WI - Elijah Vue, 3 year old Elijah Vue, Two Rivers, 20 Feb 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Katrina has now been charged with neglect in reference to Elijah, and more charges will possibly follow. Here is her FB page. I believe it is now okay for us to sleuth her socials. Will report my own post to make sure with a mod.

Note the post on January 25th
Are we allowed to share select screenshots here? For people that can view the socials on their own? I just took one of the Jan 25 post.

<modsnip - see reply>

Last edited by a moderator:
Are we allowed to share select screenshots here? For people that can view the socials on their own? I just took one of the Jan 25 post.

<modsnip - see reply>
From the Social Media rules link below this post, a snippet:

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as officially named by LE)

• Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
  • Paraphrasing is okay, but direct quotes, copying/pasting, screenshots from these pages is not allowed.
  • NOTE: Comments and posts by Friends on these pages are not allowed to be linked, quoted, copied or referenced. They are considered rumor. Just don't mention them.
  • Do not link to a victim or suspect's social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
  • If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!
(Rules for public pages are at the link below)

Thanks to all of you for the recap of the court activity! If Elijah was left with a known abuser, I wish there was a phrase other than “caregiver” used in the alerts but that’s just me being reactive, I guess. I’m about 3 hours away from Two Rivers and the headlines don’t mention Elijah… and the Amber alert didn’t go to my phone- I’m guessing that’s because they don’t think there’s much chance he made it out of the immediate area.

Thanks to all of you for the recap of the court activity! If Elijah was left with a known abuser, I wish there was a phrase other than “caregiver” used in the alerts but that’s just me being reactive, I guess. I’m about 3 hours away from Two Rivers and the headlines don’t mention Elijah… and the Amber alert didn’t go to my phone- I’m guessing that’s because they don’t think there’s much chance he made it out of the immediate area.
I agree, “caregiver” implies someone actually caring which doesn’t apply to the alleged abuse rained upon poor Elijah. I think msm is parroting what LE released and to use harsher words at this point might negatively impact the case. Sigh.

Also, to add… right now it looks like JV is the main abuser but I’m not convinced KB didn’t harm Elijah too. Handing him over to Vang implies she was angry and frustrated with Elijah, enough to give him to Vang for punishment (ugh). How was she dealing with Elijah?

I doubt Katrina was caring for Elijah in an appropriate manner. Poor little guy didn’t seem to have anyone on his side. Nasty, nasty people.

Release Date February 23, 2024, 8:05 PM

In order to keep our community informed we felt it important to share the following facts:

Elijah still has not been located. We are continuing to work day and night in our search efforts, which include but are not limited to officers following up on all tips and leads, searches of our rivers, drones in the area, teams of officers and agents out on foot and a continued search of the landfill. We will also have Wings of Hope and NorthStar Rescue joining our search efforts tomorrow.

We are aware of numerous citizens also out searching. We appreciate everyone’s joint concern and dedication in locating Elijah. We would like to remind people to respect others’ private property and for citizens to know that our law enforcement teams will be in uniform and/or have proper law enforcement agency identification. This includes local, state, and federal law enforcement.

Although you may see our biggest presence in the city of Two Rivers where Elijah was reported missing, know that our investigation also extends into neighboring communities, as well as Elijah’s city of residence in Wisconsin Dells. We continue to explore all avenues and possibilities in our efforts to locate Elijah.

Katrina Baur and Jesse Vang both had bail hearings today. Baur is being held on a $15,000 cash bail and Vang is being held on a $20,000 cash bail. If bail is posted they are not to have contact with each other or children under the age of 18.

We again extend our gratitude to all of the agencies, citizens and businesses for your continued assistance and support in our search for Elijah. Thank you also for the generous food donations that have kept our staff going strong. We have taken numerous requests to donate in a variety of ways. At this time, we genuinely appreciate everything, but we ask that you contact our police department’s business number (920)793-1191 to schedule food donations to prevent waste. We currently don’t have accounts set up to accept monetary donations but are working diligently to do so. Beware of scams seeking your money or personal information.

The Two Rivers Police Department will be your source for factual information and we will continue to update the community as we are able and as timely as we can. Locating Elijah remains our top priority.

Chief Ben Meinnert
Two Rivers Police Department

When looking for someone in a landfill, what are the success rates? Seems like a daunting challenge. Praying this child is not there but they seem very focused, yes?
I don't know of any statistic but I also don't know if you could ever get a concrete statistic. I say this because, searching a landfill sometimes only happens because the perp claims they put the body(parts) in the dumpster. This means that a perp could lie about what they did with it and LEOs spend days digging through garbage when nothing was going to be there. I do have some memories of cases where a body said to be in a landfill was never located or they only found some parts of it.
I hope they both (allegedly) are sent somewhere for ‘discipline and tactics’. I personally volunteer. Allegedly.
Might I suggest we perhaps, allegedly, in Minecraft, give them a code red?

I don't know of any statistic but I also don't know if you could ever get a concrete statistic. I say this because, searching a landfill sometimes only happens because the perp claims they put the body(parts) in the dumpster. This means that a perp could lie about what they did with it and LEOs spend days digging through garbage when nothing was going to be there. I do have some memories of cases where a body said to be in a landfill was never located or they only found some parts of it.

Might I suggest we perhaps, allegedly, in Minecraft, give them a code red?
Absolutely! Allegedly.

If I live to be 100, and both of my parents did live to be 100, so I might have a shot, I’ll never be able to comprehend how we got to this place where life, especially children’s lives, come so cheaply. They’re the innocents, the ones we are bound to protect and nurture, and they’re literally thrown away like garbage. Every case I say nope, can’t do it again, can’t witness and feel the pain of another precious soul being lost this way, and worse ways. Yet, here we are. All MOO

In court, the Manitowoc District Attorney, Jacalyn LaBre cited sealed court documents stating that Baur intentionally sent her child to stay with Vang for disciplinary measures.

“She intentionally sent that child for disciplinary reasons. For more than a week to the residence. She was aware of the tactics used and the lack of care provided. This was intentional by her and on at least two occasions during interviews. She has provided false information on her whereabouts during the past week," said LaBre.

The judge also noted that Vang was responsible for Elijah at the time of his disappearance and is responsible for any neglect or lack of care.

1708783543890.jpeg
The Two Rivers Police Department confirmed a search at Hickory Meadows Landfill was related to the search for the boy.

Community members have started an interactive map to mark locations searched. They said they’re searching with their loved ones in their mind. Some even drove over an hour to help search.

Last edited:
I’ll never be able to comprehend how we got to this place where life, especially children’s lives, come so cheaply.
I agree but I have to say that killing children/minors is unfortunately not a recent phenomenon or concept. It seems like it happens more often than it used to, but that is because we are more hyper aware of tragedies that happen all over the country and across the globe (thanks in large part due to television and the Internet).

Some immediate 20th century examples include Joseph Zarelli (1957), Little Lord Fauntleroy (1912), Steven Crawford (1963), Cudahy Jane Doe (1971), and Sylvia Likens (1965).

There's a lot more I could say about this topic but I don't want to ramble. This doesn't "make it OK" but while it is still very sobering, it's just important remember this is not new.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back