WI - Erin Bushek, 35, La Crosse, 2 Jun 2018

Thanks for this! I wonder if the complainant has anything to do with Erin’s death.

Am I reading correctly that she’s also a mother of at least 2 children? If so, that makes it even more tragic. RIP Erin.
Possible. With one of the children her husband proved via testing that at least one of them is not his so there could be someone else out there with a motive. I don't see cases where she went after someone else for support so it seems she was keeping someone's secret. That all could have blown up.

Her actual bond amount is different

This is from the 06-01-2018 Initial appearance filing and includes the bond and conditions of the bond:

The actual charges listed are (No Battery listed):

Thanks Jethro.
Under the conditions what does the "No contact w/IG Def stands mute" part mean?

I'm curious if someone else was arrested along with Erin and charged on similar charges (although we can't really sleuth that openly until they make an arrest). Hopefully more will be released.

Last edited:
Possible. With one of the children her husband proved via testing that at least one of them is not his so there could be someone else out there with a motive. I don't see cases where she went after someone else for support so it seems she was keeping someone's secret. That all could have blown up.

Yes unfortunately it seems there could be multiple POIs at this point.

Thanks Jethro.
Under the conditions what does the "No contact w/IG Def stands mute" part mean?

I'm curious if someone else was arrested along with Erin and charged on similar charges (although we can't really sleuth that openly until they make an arrest). Hopefully more will be released.
No Contact w/IG is possibly the initials of the victim or initials of a generic term - I can't be sure. "Def stands mute" means the defendant didn't enter a plea or say a word so a not guilty plea was entered.

No Contact w/IG is possibly the initials of the victim or initials of a generic term - I can't be sure. "Def stands mute" means the defendant didn't enter a plea or say a word so a not guilty plea was entered.

Thank you, that is what I would have guessed as well but I wasn't sure.

IG. .. Those ARE the initials of her neighbor... Not saying at all that's who did it but is for sure her neighbor.

Last edited:
Where she was found. Just based on the roads that get you there it seems likely that whoever put Erin there knew where the lake was.

Google Maps
As someone from La Crosse, I can tell you that the majority of us in Erin's age range know where Runge Hollow is. When we were teenagers there was a rope swing at the lake and it was a popular place for everyone to go in the summer.

As someone from La Crosse, I can tell you that the majority of us in Erin's age range know where Runge Hollow is. When we were teenagers there was a rope swing at the lake and it was a popular place for everyone to go in the summer.
I am from lacrosse as well and I agree... I have also heard that there has been an arrest.. And Have the person in lacrosse County jail rn on po hold and has not been charged yet.

I am from lacrosse as well and I agree... I have also heard that there has been an arrest.. And Have the person in lacrosse County jail rn on po hold and has not been charged yet.
That's super exciting news that I had not heard yet! Do you by chance know initials or the arrest date? I wanna dig through the inmate list, but a lot of people are in on po holds.

Man charged in the death of a La Crosse woman in June

According to the criminal complaint, a K-9 search detected the odor of human remains on Somvilai's bed and in Sackett's truck.

It goes on to say Sackett had a relationship with Somvilai, as well as another woman.

Investigators say his motive to kill Somvilai was to conceal that relationship from his parole officer from a prior offense.

Sackett was found not guilty.

"Erik Sackett did not kill his ex-girlfriend Erin Somvilai, according to a jury that announced its decision Thursday after hours of deliberation.

Sackett, his family and his legal team breathed a sigh of relief as the verdict was read, but they know there are no winners, according to attorney Chris Zachar.

“We believe that the jury got it right, but obviously we understand that there is a family on the other side of this that’s grieving, that still misses and loves their daughter, friend, sister, very deeply,” Zachar said after the trial. “We’re aware of the fact that nobody wins at the end of this.” "

Jury finds Erik Sackett not guilty of killing Erin Somvilai

A lot of the local stations showed the trial live, I was only able to listen to bits and pieces, but this trial was "interesting." And I do hate describing a murder like that.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sapphire13
Back