WI WI - Houlton, AsianFem 406UFWI, 35-60, wide-set eyes, Oct'02

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by not_my_kids, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Goecke

Goecke Active Member

Nobody's posted on this thread in a while but this case has stuck with me and now that I finally quit lurking and got myself a Websleuths account I figured I should share my theory.
    Maybe this woman died in an institution or group home... Perhaps she was intentionally murdered, or she could have been accidentally killed by another patient, died of an untreated illness or neglect, the list goes on. Cause of death irregardless, she was probably disposed of by employee(s) of the institution, probably to cover up abuse/neglect on their part. If it's widely thought she was institutionalized, it's a longshot, but plausible. Maybe she was put into an institution as her parents aged and became unable to care for her.

If she was as severely disabled as she's thought to be (curious if this is solely because of her facial features or if there's more concrete evidence) than it's likely either her family was involved or she had no family around to notice that she was missing. I personally believe she was never reported missing and was either killed by a family member/caregiver or died in an institution, but that's just my two cents.

2. WyomingSkyAngel

WyomingSkyAngel Rocky Mountain Fresh

This is going to sound really strange/random but there's a town in Western Wisconsin called Alma & a large family there is locally famous for having a similar unique look to this UID. I can get the family info if this lead would pan out.

My thoughts regarding the UID- there is quite a bit of poverty/rural dysfunction in Wisconsin. The victim might have been a FAS case, or disabled in some other way & left dependent in some situation that led to her death & disposal in this manner. She might have been a denture wearer (if so they would have been removed to hinder identifications. ) There are also hippies/Deadhead types in WI (yup lol) so the tattoo to me makes more sense than not.

3. WyomingSkyAngel

^ Correction/addition to the above post- the family in question is from Durand WI but some of them live in Alma. FWIW I hope this might help.

4. Goecke

Goecke Active Member

Oh, wow- Is there anything else you know about the family? It's worth following. I hate to jump to conclusions about this family but is there a possibility that there's incest in the family and/or the UID was born from incest?

Also, the woman with the mushroom tattoo has been identified as Julia Baez, and the head doesn't belong to her.

5. Goecke

Goecke Active Member

Also, someone on Reddit (their username I've forgotten) suggested that this case could be related to the Racine County Jane Doe- I'm sure you guys are familiar with her case.
    Could there be any merit to this? The disposals are vastly different but we are dealing with two possibly mentally disabled women a few years and a few hours apart.
    Seems unlikely to me based on the MO/disposal methods, but what do you guys think? Could there be a connection?

6. WyomingSkyAngel

Could be......for example, my best friend's mom was a social worker in California & she mentioned she saw a LOT of shady men shack up with young-ish mentally disabled women to sponge off of them, or worse yet move in with them & steal SSI checks. This victim might have fallen in with a predatory person & she didn't see danger in the situation due to being mentally slow or being lonely/in need. (It's a delicate topic but a lot of special needs men & women still have the same personal social lives as "fully abled" persons...with the same pitfalls.)

I will get more info as I can, I have a good friend who lives on the WI/MN border...that's how I know about this particular group of people/ family.

7. Goecke

Goecke Active Member

That could certainly be a possibility for one or both of the women...
    And awesome, be sure to keep us updated! You might be onto something with this family.

8. Goecke

Goecke Active Member

Bumping. Certainly haven't forgotten about this lady.

9. Goecke

Goecke Active Member

It's been over two years since I've last been on this thread, wow.

But with Racine JD finally being identified, I have a little more hope that more progress might be made towards finding our lady's identity. I'm never giving up on her.

bombardier and Ginger21 like this.
  10. BigCityAccountant

BigCityAccountant Well-Known Member

Could this be
    Stephanie C Gibson - Peoria, IL
    Missing since 7/8/1995

White Female 5'6" 197 lbs. Brown Hair Green Eyes
    01/25/1947 72 years old

Stephanie Gibson was last seen leaving a bar in Peoria, Illinois, with a dark haired man on July 8, 1995. Stephanie has a mental disability. She was last seen wearing black spandex pants, a tight fitting black blouse with diamond shape designs, black tennis shoes, and earrings. Stephanie has a tattoo of a broken heart on her upper left arm.

Missing Persons

11. Goecke

Goecke Active Member

Here's Stephanie's Charley Project page:
    Stephanie C. Gibson – The Charley Project

I wish we had a better quality picture of her. In the sketch it doesn't seem like she had the wide set eyes that Doe had- If anything they might have been a little closer set than average. It also looks like she had curly hair. But she would have been in the same age range, was also mentally disabled, and didn't go missing from super far away. It's worth submitting a possible match.

BigCityAccountant likes this.
  12. vermontaigne

vermontaigne Active Member

I guess it's possible. But if she is a victim of Arlie Ray Davis, which seems likely, it doesn't seem to have been his MO to transport a victim that far away to dump.

BigCityAccountant likes this.