Found Deceased WI - Iliana Lily Peters, 10, left aunt's, didn't arr hm, bike fnd, Chippewa Falls, 24 Apr 22, *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot the reverse petition to send the case to juvenile court has still not been heard. This from November 1, 2022:

By WEAU Staff
Published: Nov. 1, 2022 at 4:01 PM PDT

CHIPPEWA COUNTY, Wis. (WEAU)- Court documents show the Chippewa County district attorney is requesting a status conference in the case of the teenage boy accused of killing 10-year-old Iliana “Lily” Peters.

Currently, the next hearing in the case isn’t scheduled until Aug. of 2023.
In a letter to Judge Steven Gibbs, District Attorney Wade Newell states, “The state requests that the matter be set for a scheduling conference to determine if the Reverse Waiver Hearing can be set for earlier dates.” The letter goes on to state, “Both parents of the victims have reached out to the State requesting that the Reverse Waiver Hearing be set for an earlier date.”

In response to Newell’s’ request, in a letter to Judge Steven Gibbs, Defense Attorney Michael Cohen states in part quote, “I want to make sure that the Court is aware that the District Attorney’s Office, my office, and your office scheduled the Hearing together. This was the soonest date available on the calendar of all parties at the time.”

The letter goes on to state, " I can tell the Court that I do not have any time available to have this matter rescheduled to any date sooner. I am already booked with trials into 2024.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77