WI WI - James Liedtka, 28, Veteran & UW-Stout student, Eau Claire, 4 Nov 2018

I was honestly so worried when my cousin choose to go to UWEC. His Senior year I started showing him the river current photos I have and lecturing him on how he needs to stay away from the river when drinking. He just turned 21 in Sept. I have spent more time searching this area than any other area. I wish more would be done to keep people safe.

Thank you Kelsie for looking for James. I truly hope one day his family will be able to bring him home.

I don't wanna be "That Guy" but has anyone reached out or looked into the "Smiley Face Killer" connection? I was listening to Crime Junkie Podcast today and James fits the profile very closely

James Liedtka was last seen on November 4, 2018. Liedtka, a veteran and UW-Stout student was seen on surveillance footage walking behind the Pickle Tavern on Water Street in Eau Claire, toward the bike trail. In speaking to News 18 in 2020, his cousin said that they have hit a lot of dead ends, but have not lost hope

James Liedtka​

Updated: Jan 9, 2022

3a860b_aba526f5fe4e412c97757366eefbd471~mv2.png

Missing Since November 4, 2018

James Bernard Liedtka was wearing jeans and a baseball cap when he disappeared in the early morning hours of Sunday, November 4, 2018. He was last seen leaving Shenanigans Bar on Water Street in Eau Claire between 1-3AM with one or possibly two women.

Shortly after his disappearance, an official search was conducted of the Chippewa River, but to no avail. As part of the official investigation, security footage was gathered from locations Liedtka is believed to have visited on the night he disappeared.

James is an Army veteran and was a University of Wisconsin-Stout student at the time he went missing. He is Asian with short black hair and brown eyes; he stands around 5'7" and weighs roughly 170 pounds. His friends and family have established a Facebook page called "Bring James Liedtka Home" to help provide information to the public regarding this search.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inquisitive11201
Back