WI WI - James Yoblonski, 13, took family's car, found on USH 12, may be in Devil's Lake State Park area, Baraboo, 12 Jun 2023 *reward*

Does anyone else here feel like we’re being Punk’d with this one? My opinion only.
IMO - Yes, I do not believe there is any way a 13 year old boy could disappear all on his own & not have been sighted since June - 13 year olds are simply not that clever. I get a hinky feeling every time we hear from his Dad but I don’t know why. MOO

I recall an article in which an official said he was surprised how often parents of missing teens have no recent photos to provide.

But maybe things aren't what they seem with this case, IDK.
IMO - I find this very, very odd in this day & age of Snapchat, FB, Instagram, there’s more pics of people than ever before & young people are obsessed with social media so the fact that only one picture has been released makes me suspicious too. MOO

IMO - Yes, I do not believe there is any way a 13 year old boy could disappear all on his own & not have been sighted since June - 13 year olds are simply not that clever. I get a hinky feeling every time we hear from his Dad but I don’t know why. MOO
Dad seems rough around the edges and didn't want to talk to the media at first. It could be because he has something to hide, but it could also be that he doesn't think the media is trustworthy which is totally valid.

I really go back and forth on this because things just don't really add up. Dad either definitely thought he was missing, or wanted everybody to think James went missing, because he got law enforcement involved the morning after the SnapChat video was sent. But his story has been so inconsistent - was he spitballing theories and the media posted them as factual, or is he spinning his wheels trying to stay one step ahead?

The fact that James apparently posted the video while he was driving from his own SnapChat account, and that friends of his saw it, makes me think he did leave on his own. But what happened after that is just one huge question mark.

Dad seems rough around the edges and didn't want to talk to the media at first. It could be because he has something to hide, but it could also be that he doesn't think the media is trustworthy which is totally valid.

I really go back and forth on this because things just don't really add up. Dad either definitely thought he was missing, or wanted everybody to think James went missing, because he got law enforcement involved the morning after the SnapChat video was sent. But his story has been so inconsistent - was he spitballing theories and the media posted them as factual, or is he spinning his wheels trying to stay one step ahead?

The fact that James apparently posted the video while he was driving from his own SnapChat account, and that friends of his saw it, makes me think he did leave on his own. But what happened after that is just one huge question mark.
IMO - I agree with you - it’s been 5 months & only now we’re being made aware of this Snapchat he sent soon after going missing? There’s an awful lot that doesn’t add up or make sense to me about this case. MOO

Given everything known about the case, what do you think is the most logical explanation/speculation?
Just my amateur opinion of course but, without inappropriately pointing the finger at anyone (and I don't know who all could have done it or why), my best guess is that James is no longer with us and that it was not suicide.

It just doesn't make sense to me that James would take the time and effort to pack up his stuff and load it into his father's car, drive all the way to his father's place of employment, get the gun out of the safe, then drive all the way back and stage a fake camp site.

Why pack and stage a camp site if he was going to do away with himself or get in someone else's vehicle and leave right away? In either scenario, the unused campsite does not seem to serve any purpose imo.

Ever since it no longer seemed that James was actually doing the survival thing, for me, the rest of the story got hinky. I wouldn't doubt if James wasn't ever at the campsite at all, and that someone else staged it.

And if someone shot James, they'd definitely want that gun to disappear.

I also don't understand why James would take his father's phone, then leave it at the campsite. It makes me wonder if that was part of staging too, since the phone would leave a trail of where someone might want it to seem like James travelled that night.

I don't know what to make of the statements James recorded in the car though, about not wanting to live. That piece does not fit with my theory. I guess someone could have made him say those things, even at a different time, though. hope I'm wrong and James comes home soon though. MOO

Last edited:
Not much of an update but here's a new interview with James Yoblonski's father. Also a little something about James' mother, which I don't think has been mentioned before:

"...He also said investigators did speak with James' mother. But said she wasn’t involved in his life for a significant period of time, and she didn't have any relevant information."

Thank you for posting this interview, SherryLock. The reward offered and the polygraph passed are positive steps. Who benefitted from James leaving home? Cui Bono? Maybe James benefitted if he'd been living a life of pain. Without the loving touch of a mother, he may have suffered abandonment issues complicated with a lack of self-confidence. But, he's so cute, handsome really, with an adorable smile. As a tall, good looking guy, was he teased and bullied in school by jealous peers?

I'd like to see more of his SCs. We've all struggled to make sense of the James Yoblonski's story. How many of us knew about the SC prior for I surely didn't? That's a bit annoying. "Something has happened to my brain." What could that mean to a 13yo?

How did a 13yo learn how to enter a safe in order to acquire a firearm? James not only wanted to live off the grid in the wild at the young age of 13, but he was also, apparently, an accomplished safe cracker.

Thank you for posting this interview, SherryLock. The reward offered and the polygraph passed are positive steps. Who benefitted from James leaving home? Cui Bono? Maybe James benefitted if he'd been living a life of pain. Without the loving touch of a mother, he may have suffered abandonment issues complicated with a lack of self-confidence. But, he's so cute, handsome really, with an adorable smile. As a tall, good looking guy, was he teased and bullied in school by jealous peers?

I'd like to see more of his SCs. We've all struggled to make sense of the James Yoblonski's story. How many of us knew about the SC prior for I surely didn't? That's a bit annoying. "Something has happened to my brain." What could that mean to a 13yo?

How did a 13yo learn how to enter a safe in order to acquire a firearm? James not only wanted to live off the grid in the wild at the young age of 13, but he was also, apparently, an accomplished safe cracker.
The snapchat was posted in a local community group the day he was reported missing. It was really frustrating that it wasn't mentioned in MSM until now, I tried to structure my posts here around that fact but it was hard.

The school he attended had a lot of bullying issues last year, it was really horrible. So I wouldn't be shocked if he was being bullied.

The other thing is that we have had some prominent youth suicides in our county since 2020, with the first being a 10 year old who took medication and walked into a cornfield. This situation feels so similar to me.

SBM
We don't know what kind of safe was in the house, but there was a case last November where a 16-year-old boy allegedly accessed a digital safe by replacing its removed batteries to obtain his father's gun which was then fatally used against a 13-year-old girl.
For further perspective, back when I was in summer day camp, one of the campers, a troublemaking boy of 10-11 with MH issues, was caught with a lockpicking kit and expelled.

The school he attended had a lot of bullying issues last year, it was really horrible. So I wouldn't be shocked if he was being bullied.

The other thing is that we have had some prominent youth suicides in our county since 2020, with the first being a 10 year old who took medication and walked into a cornfield. This situation feels so similar to me.

How awful. That school needs to make big changes quickly, IMO.
I remember reading the case of that 10-year-old girl here. It was so very sad.

SBM
We don't know what kind of safe was in the house, but there was a case last November where a 16-year-old boy allegedly accessed a digital safe by replacing its removed batteries to obtain his father's gun which was then fatally used against a 13-year-old girl.

For further perspective, back when I was in summer day camp, one of the campers, a troublemaking boy of 10-11 with MH issues, was caught with a lockpicking kit and expelled.
Ok. The safe James broke into was located at his father's shop. I don't know how far the shop is from their home.

Did James actually break into the safe, or did he just access it? If it was a digital safe, it's entirely possible he knew the code. If it was a regular combination safe, he could have known the combination, too. He could have known if his dad had it written down somewhere. How many people use someone's birthday, or their own birthday? Getting into the safe may not have been difficult for him.

The contents of that recording makes me think James is not with us, by his own decision. His family may be holding on to the thought someone else was involved or made James make that, because it offers hope that he's still alive.

MOO

Nov 9, 2023 article - psychics envision James in Colorado or Montana. A lot of information I hadn’t seen before. I had always pictured the campsite as being well hidden. Apparently not. P.S. still only shows the same photo of James we’ve seen from the start.

[…]

Surveillance camera footage from the Yoblonski’s house and business show James at both locations just before his disappearance. Time stamps on the videos show James driving away in the van nearly seven minutes after walking out of the house with a backpack and duffle bags at 12:52 a.m. on June 12.

Just after 3 a.m. that same morning, James arrived at his father’s golf cart business, and 54 minutes later, he drove away from the shop.

After Yoblonski reported that James had taken his van and was missing on June 12, the Sheriff’s Office conducted a search of an area south of Baraboo near Devil’s Lake State Park on both sides of Highway 12, where deputies found the van and a makeshift campsite with clothes belonging to the boy close to the area alongside the highway where Yoblonski’s van was discovered.

[…]

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2023 article - psychics envision James in Colorado or Montana. A lot of information I hadn’t seen before. I had always pictured the campsite as being well hidden. Apparently not. P.S. still only shows the same photo of James we’ve seen from the start.

[…]

Surveillance camera footage from the Yoblonski’s house and business show James at both locations just before his disappearance. Time stamps on the videos show James driving away in the van nearly seven minutes after walking out of the house with a backpack and duffle bags at 12:52 a.m. on June 12.

Just after 3 a.m. that same morning, James arrived at his father’s golf cart business, and 54 minutes later, he drove away from the shop.

After Yoblonski reported that James had taken his van and was missing on June 12, the Sheriff’s Office conducted a search of an area south of Baraboo near Devil’s Lake State Park on both sides of Highway 12, where deputies found the van and a makeshift campsite with clothes belonging to the boy close to the area alongside the highway where Yoblonski’s van was discovered.

[…]
This article has information I hadn't seen before. It is interesting that his father says that James took a lot of clothes, and that most of the clothing items were not found.

Also from the article, this mention of James' mother:

Yoblonski said he does not know who might have wanted to take James, but he said he does not suspect any family members. He added that James and his three siblings’ biological mother, Rebecca Schlitt, has not been involved in their lives in more than four years and that he has not heard from her since James went missing. Court records indicate Yoblonski and Schlitt divorced in 2018.

The Sheriff’s Office has spoken with James’ three siblings and Schlitt, along with other family members, Bulin said, adding that none of them had information that could lead to James’ location. Attempts to reach Schlitt for comment were unsuccessful.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mishelita9306
Back