WI WI - James Yoblonski, 13, took family's car, found on USH 12, may be in Devil's Lake State Park area, Baraboo, 12 Jun 2023 *reward*

I've never needed to provided ID for any of my children when flying within the US and we have flown A LOT. I always bring it just in case, but never once have I been asked to show it. This bothers me. Flying out of the country, a passport has always been asked for. What the actual rules or laws are for either, I can't say. I only know my experiences from many times flying with my children, domestically and out of country.
I looked it up after this and it says passport for outside the US irrespective of age but for domestic flights it is "up to the airline" if or what documentation is required. I have read a few angry opinion pieces in which parents with children who looked different than them- adoption/different looking parents/genetic look of the draw- were questioned a lot and they hated it and wanted to sue, so maybe airlines are loath to check, IMO.

I am not convinced anyone else is involved with his disappearance. I worry he was having a mental health crisis and planned on self harm or at the very least, planned on running away. I know they did extensive searches, but isn't it possible his body is out in the wilderness there and just hasn't been found? When he went missing, foliage was at full force and it would be harder to see someone.

Is this true? Several years ago one of my neighbors was upset that their baby (under 1 yr) needed a passport. Not sure if they were going outside the US however.
Internationally, a passport is needed. My son needed one to fly internationally at 9 months.
Domestically I’ve never had to show ID for my kids.

I am not convinced anyone else is involved with his disappearance. I worry he was having a mental health crisis and planned on self harm or at the very least, planned on running away. I know they did extensive searches, but isn't it possible his body is out in the wilderness there and just hasn't been found? When he went missing, foliage was at full force and it would be harder to see someone.
Definitely could be, the foliage is very dense in some parts of the natural areas and the terrain is rough. He could have fallen and hit his head and died and after a few weeks when things grow so quickly in June, the body could quickly be concealed.

It's possible he acted alone. A missing person case last year in Grant County, WI involving Ronald Henry ended up with him being found just outside the 2,500 acre search area. It's very possible that James is also outside the Sauk County search area, maybe miles away.
Dreckman said Henry's body was found around a mile south of the residence where he was last seen, and "just outside" the search conducted in January.

On June 16, 2023 they called off the ground searches. After a few minor injuries, officials made the call to end the search and said it was too dangerous to continue.

As it stands, it doesn't appear LE will be doing any more searches because they deem it too dangerous. In the event any experienced hikers/explorers/searchers are ever in the area and would like to look for James on their own, on public land, or private land with the owner's permission, I included a map of the approximate area of where his van was found.
baxter hollow2.jpg

signon12.png
The search vehicles were parked across from the middle sign on Hy12 just north of Bluffview. You can see the sign in the above WKOW video.

I've never needed to provided ID for any of my children when flying within the US and we have flown A LOT. I always bring it just in case, but never once have I been asked to show it. This bothers me. Flying out of the country, a passport has always been asked for. What the actual rules or laws are for either, I can't say. I only know my experiences from many times flying with my children, domestically and out of country.
I haven’t done much traveling, but I have been to Belize twice. The only time I had to show my passport was to Belize customs when entering Belize and then to US customs when re entering the US at the airport. Never had to show it to leave a country, only for entry

Many of us probably have our theories but I think there are lots of possibilities here, since there are still lots of unknowns. And of course sometimes a less likely scenario turns out to be the correct one. Plenty of possible overlap too, where more than one thing could have happened. Did I leave any out?:

James: left by his own free will, was lured/tricked. Was kidnapped or coerced. Or just influenced.

By/with/to: On his own, an older peer, a misguided adult, a peer with a misguided parent/guardian, a family member, a predator, a trafficker.

Goal: To escape something, seeking adventure, missing someone, thinks he is in love when it would be forbidden. Or involuntary/coerced.

Or James is no longer with us: suicide, murder, accident.

The mother being out of the picture for four years actually seems imo to add a little hope, considering some of the other possibilities. I believe he also has a few adult siblings. Perhaps grandparents he's been out of touch with for a few years, as well? So who knows...

Also, bonus question, if anyone is up for it (and to be clear, we've seen no evidence of any of this here, so purely theoretical): If you had a young teenaged child, sibling, grandson or niece/nephew, and believed they were in a bad situation (whether true in reality or not) would you take them in, even if it was against the law?

Last edited:
A lot of us probably have our theories but I think there are lots of possibilities here, since there are still lots of unknowns. And of course sometimes the most likely scenarios turn out to not be correct. Plenty of possible overlap too, where more than one thing could have happened. Did I leave any out?

James: left by his own free will, was lured/tricked. Was kidnapped or coerced.

By/with/to: an older peer, a misguided adult, a peer with a misguided parent/guardian, a family member, a predator, a trafficker.

Goal: To escape something, seeking adventure, missing someone, thinks he is in love. Or involuntary/coerced.

Or James is no longer with us: suicide, murder, accident.

The mother being out of the picture for four years actually seems imo to add a little hope, considering some of the other possibilities. I believe he also has a few adult siblings. Perhaps grandparents he's been out of touch with for a few years, as well? So who knows...

Also, bonus question, if anyone is up for it (and to clarify, we've seen no evidence for it in this case, so it's purely theoretical): If you had a young teenaged son, brother or grandson, and believed they were in a bad situation (whether true in reality or not) would you take them in, even if it was against the law?
Yes.
I have no children, am a former teacher.
When my nieces and nephews were born I told my brothers if they ever hurt their children I am coming for them.
We did not have the best role models in parents.

WISCONSIN DELLS, Wis. (WMTV) - It’s been over two weeks since Two Rivers boy Elijah Vue was last seen, and more than nine months since James Yoblonski went missing near Devil’s Lake State Park.

Saturday evening, a gathering was held to honor both of the missing boys.

Many of the attendees at Saturday’s event say they will be searching the Baraboo area for the two boys on Sunday.

Following the vigil, attendees released balloons into the sky and offered prayers. Many expressed their commitment to searching until further updates are received.

MAR 17, 2024
Nine months after Baraboo teen James Yoblonski went missing near Devil’s Lake State Park, investigators hope their billboard leads to more tips.

The Sauk County Sheriff’s Department and Crime Stoppers put up a large sign near the North Shore Road entrance to Devil’s Lake in Baraboo this fall on County DL and West 136 across the street from Tumbled Rock Brewery.

[...]

James’ father William Yoblonski is frustrated with investigators and said they are not looking hard enough. He also said he’s upset because they have not returned his phone or other personal belongings they obtained during the investigation.

People with any information should call Sauk County Crime Stoppers at 888-847-7285.

Death reported and being investigated.

Bill Yoblonski, whose 13-year-old son James Yoblonski went missing near Devil's Lake State Park roughly nine months ago, said the investigation is "unrelated" to his son's disappearance.

James' dad says it's "unrelated" to his disappearance.

That's a relief, that's not the way I hope this will resolve. It must be so hard for his dad not to know where he is though.

Gosh, I hope he offered that up somewhere and it wasn’t a case of a reporter immediately calling him. I can’t imagine what it would be like to have people calling you every time a dead body is found in the area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyhen
Back