Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Jayme is an orphan by definition she is a ward of the state. There would likely be someone there to look after her interests but I don't believe it would be a family member. Law enforcement is going to want to get as much of the story they can get from her before she is around people who might know other information about the case or her access to any news of the case so that nothing she says is contaminated by outside knowledge.

I think she would have family that LE feels is trustworthy if she wanted. Otherwise they'd have someone from victim's services.

Since Jayme is an orphan by definition she is a ward of the state. There would likely be someone there to look after her interests but I don't believe it would be a family member. Law enforcement is going to want to get as much of the story they can get from her before she is around people who might know other information about the case or her access to any news of the case so that nothing she says is contaminated by outside knowledge.

Am not sure I understand. Jayme is obviously an orphan as her parents are deceased but I do not understand why you do not believe "it would be a family member" that will be chosen to look after her best interests. The state can quickly determine that she has extended family, Grandparents- Aunts-Uncles, that are willing and able to care for her. The state will actually, as indicated tonight, return her to her extended family as her caregivers unless there is something "dark" that we know nothing of . The best interest of the state, Jayme, and Jayme's family lies in reuniting Jayme with her extended family immediately. And, in fact,that is what they plan to do.

Her aunt is perfectly capable of looking after Jayme's interest while being interviewed by LE. JMO
Never said she wasn't. What I am saying is that Jayme is an orphan and does not have a legally appointed guardian. There will be some action taken by the child services agency to facilitate a temporary custody order, very likely to a specific sister of Denise and that will happen sooner rather than later. But there will have to be some permanent order made according to Wisconsin statutes.

Am not sure I understand. Jayme is obviously an orphan as her parents are deceased but I do not understand why you do not believe "it would be a family member" that will be chosen to look after her best interests. The state can quickly determine that she has extended family, Grandparents- Aunts-Uncles, that are willing and able to care for her. The state will actually, as indicated tonight, return her to her extended family as her caregivers unless there is something "dark" that we know nothing of . The best interest of the state, Jayme, and Jayme's family lies in reuniting Jayme with her extended family immediately.
I am talking about tonight, as we speak, as investigators are talking to her between rounds of sleep. That is it. Nothing more.

Don't read anything more into it.

Am not sure I understand. Jayme is obviously an orphan as her parents are deceased but I do not understand why you do not believe "it would be a family member" that will be chosen to look after her best interests. The state can quickly determine that she has extended family, Grandparents- Aunts-Uncles, that are willing and able to care for her. The state will actually, as indicated tonight, return her to her extended family as her caregivers unless there is something "dark" that we know nothing of . The best interest of the state, Jayme, and Jayme's family lies in reuniting Jayme with her extended family immediately. And, in fact,that is what they plan to do.
She isn't being returned to her family tonight, she isn't going home tonight, she is staying in the hospital. Last I had seen is an aunt of hers said that they expected to be re-united Friday afternoon.

Agreed. My brother owned a place on a lake in Northern Wisconsin that was very remote. I walked around the lake one day, and saw small places, as well as larger, custom-built places.

Many people from the Chicago area come up to the North Woods to vacation and possibly retire. So, one might see dwellings of all shapes and sizes.

Very true of those who live in the Twin Cities as well. The area is just beautiful. Al Capone and his gangster pals had hideouts there. JMO

Found Alive - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #33

In every case of missing, middle class young girls or women trafficking is brought up. It is pretty much never the case. Sex trafficking is not common unless the victim fits several of the demographics below:

1. Low income
2. Person of color
3. LGBTQ youth.
4. History of child abuse/neglect.
5. Other family dysfunction like domestic violence/addiction in the family.
6. Victim has drug and/or alcohol abuse issues.
7. Victims has mental illness.
8. Victim is a runaway.
9. Victim is a prostitute.

Not once have I ever heard of a case in which traffickers broke into a home of a middle class family, murdered some of the occupants and stole a child to traffic her.

This case doesn't fit the characteristics. Not close.

It does, however, fit with other cases we've heard or where a bizarre and deadly, lunatic stranger who intended to steal a child (Groene case and the Ohio "tree" case) and/or someone known to the family who becomes fixated on a child, and kills the parent(s)/siblings/occupants so they can take the child with them.

Like @MassGuy said, a kid everyone is looking for is not who is trafficked.

Instead, kids who are trafficked are forgotten souls whose families have a hard time getting support or media attention, if they're looking at all.

Does that mean that she was only harmed by one person? No. But that still wouldn't make this a sex trafficking case.

Last edited:
I am talking about tonight, as we speak, as investigators are talking to her between rounds of sleep. That is it. Nothing more.

Don't read anything more into it.
Ok, thanks for that clarification. I interpreted what you said differently. Although, I still believe they will return her to her family asap regardless of investigative purposes. They will get the gist from her, I also believe they want her safe and secure and healthy to further assist with their investigation. IMO, we all know Jayme needs to be with her family asap and I do not believe that there is anything, to date, to indicate that reuniting her with her family will be harmful.

Never said she wasn't. What I am saying is that Jayme is an orphan and does not have a legally appointed guardian. There will be some action taken by the child services agency to facilitate a temporary custody order, very likely to a specific sister of Denise and that will happen sooner rather than later. But there will have to be some permanent order made according to Wisconsin statutes.
Please link the statute to which you are referring. Thanks.

I think I read that the aunts were with her at the hospital.

I gathered from the interviews with the aunts and grandfather that they hadn’t even spoken with her. One of the aunts said she’s sleeping and they’ll reunite tomorrow.

Edit: I don’t remember how many aunts there are though.

Patty Wetterling to Jayme Closs' family: 'Hold on and stay strong'
Patty Wetterling said she was “dancing around” when she heard the news Thursday night that 13-year-old Jayme Closs had been found alive after nearly three months.

Wetterling’s son, Jacob, was abducted in St. Joseph, Minnesota in 1989. His body was found in 2016 after his killer, Danny Heinrich, confessed.

“It’s hard to explain, it is really hard to explain because my hope was real and it’s real for every searching parent until you know that it’s not," she said. "For them, it’s real today and you can go forward from here. I’m so happy.”

Wetterling was at a board meeting for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children in Washington, D.C. when she heard that Jayme had been found.

“I have said for a very long time I think she’s alive because if she was dead, they would have found her and they are already had a crime scene with the parents being dead and I think she was the target and she’s alive,” Wetterling said. “That was our prayer for so many years and it’s my continued prayer for missing kids out there, that many of them are still alive.”

When asked what she would tell Jayme’s extended family, Wetterling said she would tell them to stay strong for her as they piece together what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoopyxxoo31