Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speculating only....... per reports the perp never made it more than 5 feet in the door, plus he was in and out within about 4 or 5 minutes (cannot remember without having to look it up) In my opinion this was a clear and premeditated crime with the prize being Jayme. Given that, someone somehow connected to this crime likely knew Jayme or knew of her and her family either by scouting them out in advance as an easy target or by actually knowing the family. I do not believe this was at all random as in some wayward killer stumbling upon this residence and killing two adults and kidnapping their 13 year old. Given that , I just don't know because strange events do occur, but tomorrow we will know more.

Jennifer Mayerle on Twitter
The highs and lows and highs, lows of TV news. We prepare to say goodbye to @WCCORosen. Jayme Closs is found alive! We tearfully make it through 10p tribute newcast, now on road to Gordon, WI where Closs was found. See you at 5a on #wcco
My goodness, what an incredible 35-minute news broadcast, which covered only 2 topics.

The farewell tribute to our beloved sports broadcaster (50 years!) Mark Rosen.

And the miraculous recovery of beloved Jayme Closs.

She's a courageous young lady who had the wherewithal to flee when she had the chance. She has a long road ahead of her but she has the love of her family, friends and the entire community of Barron and beyond. I believe she will overcome this.
MOO

I am sure it is possible. But I just would not want to be “that girl”all my life, I guess. I realize there are some solid role models for her of past victims though.

Praise the lord! She's alive! The tears of joy are flowing here in Wisconsin and across the country! Okay fellow Wisconsinites....let's help this brave young girl and her family through this. #WisconsinStrong

I am sure it is possible. But I just would not want to be “that girl”all my life, I guess. I realize there are some solid role models for her of past victims though.

Understand completely. Elizabeth Smart and others are wonderful role models, and far, far stronger than many, including myself.

ETA: Well, 2019 has gotten off to a great start with this news! Let's hope BG will be apprehended this year, and other cases wrapped up as well.

This kind of good positive news is so rare on this website with so many missing cases, and the many with the sad news.

It is so wonderful happy outcome for family and friends (and Mollie) who loved Jayme and for her everywhere new found friends who have come to love and care about Jayme since that fateful October 15 night.

I am so glad Jayme has been found alive and that she had the courage to run when the opportunity arose. Even though after this amount of time had elapsed I had little hope, but God heard my prayer and those many who also asked Him. Thank you.

I felt dismay thinking about all she's lost. Her mom. Her dad. Her home. Her innocence. And all the trauma she endured.

It's terrible.

But then I thought about how she was found running barefoot in the woods and begged for help.

She fought to survive, she wanted to survive and she did.

So I feel hopeful for this little survivor.
Well said! Very well said.

I always thought a 20-something...I don’t know why. Mostly because men at that age are often very lacking in impulse control and the killings seemed so over the top.
Agree,no mature person would take the chance on confronting both adults. I always thought a cabin in the woods and she was alive. She had not been sighted,no trace and no body.
I am also an old timer,I read here since 2008( C. Anthony) and joined 2011.

I’m a little perplexed by some of the details — The Daily Beast article doesn’t seem to square with the Star Tribune or reports that the suspect apprehended in 11 minutes. But it’s a fluid situation, and I’m guessing the overall narrative will make more sense once Fitzgerald speaks.

Speculating only....... per reports the perp never made it more than 5 feet in the door, plus he was in and out within about 4 or 5 minutes (cannot remember without having to look it up) In my opinion this was a clear and premeditated crime with the prize being Jayme. Given that, someone somehow connected to this crime likely knew Jayme or knew of her and her family either by scouting them out in advance as an easy target or by actually knowing the family. I do not believe this was at all random as in some wayward killer stumbling upon this residence and killing two adults and kidnapping their 13 year old. Given that , I just don't know because strange events do occur, but tomorrow we will know more.
I thought video-game-like early on & now that perp is said to be 21, it fits.

Understand completely. Elizabeth Smart and others are wonderful role models, and far, far stronger than many, including myself.

ETA: Will, 2019 has gotten off to a great start with this news! Let's hope BG will be apprehended this year, and other cases wrapped up as well.
BG?

I think if this had been me...and my parents were gone, no siblings...I would want to change my name, my appearance and move far away with whichever relatives she will live with until she is an adult. And testify by audio only, if possible.
It it beyond belief she is alive and can have a chance at full life but the burden of her name being known would be too much for me as a teen, anyway. I would not want to be known as the kidnapped girl whose parents were murdered. With the internet being what it is, her name is in so many places already and that will be times 100 now.

Anyway...just me brooding about it the past few hours. I doubt many agree.
I don't disagree with you, but I doubt a sweet 13yo would have the where-with-all to think that way. Especially after undergoing what we outsiders dont know what she went through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow