Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
DA just hesitated when asked whether he had additional knowledge of motive; said that for now, peoples should refer to the complaint, but that additional information will be forthcoming (he did not say by what means).

It's 5 million CASH. No bondsman. No 10%. Full amount required.
They have to pony up 5 MILLION CASH to get him out. Period.

That's not how cash bail works. You can always get a bondsman. If you can find one willing to front you the money for their fee.

JP would have to have (most likely) $500k to give the bondsman.
The bondsman would then pay the entire $5 mil cash bail to the courts.

When JP appears through all of his court dates, the bondsman would get the $5mil back from the courts and keep JP's $500k.

Unlikely that anyone is willing to take that kind of risk with this guy but crazy things do happen.

Nope judge is on his own right now.. looks like he knows what he is doing...
IT guy usually has a separate room he works from that is the hub for all the video and computer systems in the courthouse. Looking at that courthouse I would say it's a big operation. The Judges usually know the basics.

Why would they mention restricting firearms if he is already in custody..

It’s over now
Conditions of his bail if it were to be met and he were released pending trial. It is doubtful anyone will post his bail so fingers crossed he will sit right where he is now.

Can't hear the questions he's being asked during the presser. Did anyone ask if there were more charges forthcoming?

Yes more charges can come out of the county where Gordon is located. He wouldn't answer if more charges were coming but he said there could be additional charges filed in that county.

I think though, if he went through a bail bondsman he would only have to put up between 1 & 5 percent. That wouldn't be that much money if someone put up property or cash & property...

The fact that he admitted that had he been stopped by LE the night of his "escape" from the crime scene he would have shot at police is in itself is a reason, IMO, that he should have been denied bail.
Right??? He just admitted that he would have no issue being "a cop killer" - OMG. And that he would have killed other children in the home. Geezus.

Nothing is sealed yet. According to the post-hearing press conference, the Douglas County Attorney's office has not yet filed charges, and is currently working with investigators to determine what, if any, charges will be brought against the defendant.
Given that the crimes that may have occurred inside the home happened in Douglas County, and the murder and kidnapping occurred in Barron County, Barron County can only charge what occurred in their locale.

There are sealed charges listed on Barron County website.

Can someone please explain why he’s even eligible for bail in the first place? Sorry if rehash.

It's based really on his ability to come up with the funds. They know he can't. I think they could have denied him bail though, it appears, based on the nature of the crimes and threat of harm to the public. But I guess they felt this was enough.

Wisconsin Legislature: 969.035

My thoughts exactly. The fact that he is even eligible for bail makes zero sense to me.

It is also a matter of principal. Yes due process and all that crap, innocent until proven guilty, but there is nothing I can see at this time to remotely indicate he was not responsible for this crime...

The principle IS due process and the rule of law.

Even if 1,000 folks witnessed every crime he committed in those 88 days, he still is presumed innocent until proven guilty, which I agree can seem entirely nuts and purposeless in cases like this, but... personally, I'm increasingly grateful that our legal constraints on and response to barbarity are holding.

I have to take a break. Idek if I can watch him in court. I knew it was horrific. I theorized all along that it was a shotgun & head shots. I had hoped Jayme didn’t see. She likely left that house with her Mother’s blood on her. Jayme is now MY hero and idol. I will try to remember her courage anytime I am afraid or weak. I need some air.... jmo

“I will try to remember her courage anytime I am afraid or weak.“

Amen to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members