AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald on phone with Ashley Banfield on HLN. Pretty much giving same info as he did on presser.

ETA: “Several businesses are closing down tomorrow and sending their employees to the search.”

“Coming after commercial we will learn what the choppers will be looking for.”

Guest on Ashley’s show said that volunteers are asked not to pick up anything they see, but to call the LE leading the group to come check it out and collect it if necessary. They will also be looking for tire tracks, boot and shoe prints.

Last edited:
I need to see this comparison because I am not seeing a Dodge Challenger being mistaken for either of those vehicles. The Challenger has a very unique body.
I think they are saying that the Dodge Challenger is a unique car and can say that is what they are looking for, but is unsure how they narrowed down the Black SUV to just 2 models when Honda and Nissan can have a similar look as well.

I need to see this comparison because I am not seeing a Dodge Challenger being mistaken for either of those vehicles. The Challenger has a very unique body.

A pic of the actual vehicles or stock photos?

Attachments

• 854FD155-15BC-474E-B25B-19476BA91CF4.png
    854FD155-15BC-474E-B25B-19476BA91CF4.png
    395.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 63FF2115-ACFE-4DD6-AF6D-4DED181041F6.png
    63FF2115-ACFE-4DD6-AF6D-4DED181041F6.png
    445.4 KB · Views: 85
The Challenger has to be just a potential witness and nothing more surely? You'd have to be an absolute moron to go and do a home invasion/abduction in an orange car that sticks out like a sore thumb. They're also very loud compared to normal cars. My boss drives a similar sort of thing and if he parks near the doors you can feel the vibration inside the building when he starts it up in the car park.

As for the Daily Mail they should be ignored completely. As someone in the UK I'm well aware of what a joke they are and they're the most dishonest paper in the entire country as per upheld complaints by the press regulator in regards to reporting inaccuracies and lies.

<modsnip - commentary on other sources>

Last edited by a moderator:
The footage of the suspicious cars being around the home did not come dash cams. According to this article the footage came from local businesses and neighbors.

"One week after 13-year-old Jayme Closs was abducted from her rural Wisconsin home, authorities are looking for two vehicles of interest after cars were spotted near the Closs home around the time of the crime.

One car was likely a red or orange 2000 to 2014 Dodge Challenger, based on surveillance videos from homes and businesses, Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said at a news conference Monday.

The second car was likely a 2006 to 2010 black Ford Edge or a 2004 to 2010 black Acura MDX, Fitzgerald said."

Sheriff looking for cars of interest in case of missing Wisconsin girl Jayme Closs

A pic of the actual vehicles or stock photos?
Stock probably. Night time means the photos are gonna be dark from video taken. Unless the recording has used continuous lighting and good lighting at that or the camera is super high end and a beast in low light (eg: uses a 1.8 aperture for instance with a steady mount....) the stuff the police see will be dark and grainy. If it was in motion it will be even harder to see.

ETA: not familiar with night vision but believe it’s based on infrared lighting. Not sure how close vehicles would have to be to video cam to be clearly captured with night vision or how grainy final video may be if at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member