AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a gut feeling the vehicle descriptions will be another dead end. I feel like LE is grasping at straws and because there is little to no surveillance in that area they went with the only vehicles they did happen to have video of. But then again nobody has come forward saying they were there during that time so I could be wrong. JMO.

Darn - you'd think if somebody is going to claim to see a matching vehicle they'd at least provide the tag number. There are also a dozen folks reporting that the black Edge was seen in Florida (location debunked earlier).
Obviously LE is closely monitoring this page. It’s got to be a complete nightmare to filter the nonsense from viable leads.

They had to have known this was going to happen, but the benefits clearly outweigh the risks of misdirection.

I do hope that the media that are on the ground in and near the search area are being respectful of the searchers and not bothering them with incessant questions like if they know the Closs family and snooping around for dirt. Even watching a few of the reporters Twitter videos makes me want to yell at my screen "pick up one of those sticks searchers are carrying and get your *advertiser censored* out there too!" instead of shooting footage and posting it on social media.

I get there is a human interest piece so I'm fine with a video or picture or two about what the scene looks like but then put your camera or microphone down, put on some gear and get out in the woods and help. No questions to those searching, no wandering around looking for a scoop, just do what all the great people out there in the fields in Barron are doing and search for anything that might help locate this poor child.
Law enforcement would rather have the reporters taking video and talking to the searchers. One of those interactions with searches, or something caught on video may be of use to investigators.

Living in Minnesota it is not uncommon to see ATVs being ridden at night and going cross country, i.e. through farm fields and county roads. Many snowmobile trail routes are utilized and if crops have been harvested the route options may be breaking new trails. Most of us here on the tundra know when and how to dress for the cooling temperatures of autumn. I have been snowmobiling when it was -20° F. with wind chills being even colder once you were moving.

I would think a get away vehicle would be the one a person arrived on. Having the ability to escape cross country without using roads an ATV likely would not show up in videos from gas stations or other businesses that rely on high vehicle count traffic areas for their business like main roads & highways.

What would one do with Jayme on an ATV? Are the perp(s) wearing snowmobile suits, warm gloves and warm hats? Did they take their warm clothing off and enter the house or would they leave it on?

Paul Blume‏Verified account @PaulBlume_FOX9
Our #JaymeCloss group is off. 11am. So took about 2 hours to mobilize. Pretty good when you think about 2,000 volunteers who probably have never done this type of search. They will go until lunch delivery at 1:30. #FindJaymeCloss

9:04 AM - 23 Oct 2018

Paul Blume‏Verified account @PaulBlume_FOX9 3h3 hours ago
And here is a little perspective on where this #FindJaymeCloss search team is in relation to the Closs family home ~ Red arrow on Highway 8. These 150 volunteers (car icon) are responsible for the quadrant heading towards house, up to that river you see. #FindJayme #JaymeCloss

DqNKWdyWkAMqVBZ.jpg

I do hope that the media that are on the ground in and near the search area are being respectful of the searchers and not bothering them with incessant questions like if they know the Closs family and snooping around for dirt. Even watching a few of the reporters Twitter videos makes me want to yell at my screen "pick up one of those sticks searchers are carrying and get your *advertiser censored* out there too!" instead of shooting footage and posting it on social media.

I get there is a human interest piece so I'm fine with a video or picture or two about what the scene looks like but then put your camera or microphone down, put on some gear and get out in the woods and help. No questions to those searching, no wandering around looking for a scoop, just do what all the great people out there in the fields in Barron are doing and search for anything that might help locate this poor child.

There are a few reporters who are participating in the search so my hope there is that they are doing so out of genuine concern for Jayme and not to post clickbait after it's over. It's a bit annoying to see videos from the scene from reporters who are in the middle of searching. Trust me, your Twitter feed will be there when the search ends. Focus on what matters.
I think that it’s likely that these reporters are serving in a news gathering capacity, and not counted as members of the search party.

I’m sure they are helping out in between, as they are humans after all.

Law enforcement would rather have the reporters taking video and talking to the searchers. One of those interactions with searches, or something caught on video may be of use to investigators.
Respectfully disagree. I think Sheriff Fitzgerald and team want every available body combing the search area looking for something of value. Any time spent talking with the searchers is a distraction. The reporters are not trained in evidence searches such as this - the LE team is. I actually think if a reporter is constantly yakking with searchers to get info to post on SM, it might make them more distracted and miss something or not cover an area in as detailed of a fashion as they otherwise would.

Paul Blume‏Verified account @PaulBlume_FOX9 3h3 hours ago
We continue to move with these volunteer searchers towards #JaymeCloss family home on outskirts of Barron, WI. One woman spotted some apparent fresh earth near the gravel roadside she wants law enforcement to look at.. just in case. #FindJaymeCloss

ul Blume‏Verified account @PaulBlume_FOX9
Paul Blume Retweeted FBI Milwaukee

Some of you had asked. This appears to make it official. 2,000 volunteers today to #FindJaymeCloss! Now the question. Did they find anything substantial for their case?

Paul Blume added,

DqN1xcsXgAITQqN.jpg

DqN1xdzX0AA7II1.jpg

DqN1xbIXgAAWYQq.jpg

DqN1xc3WsAUc4c1.jpg

FBI MilwaukeeVerified account @FBIMilwaukee
Thank you to the 2,000 volunteers out assisting law enforcement today, searching roadsides and cornfields in Barron for items that maybe related to the disappearance of 13 yr old Jayme Closs. Call with tips: 1-855-744-3879. #FindJayme
12:27 PM - 23 Oct 2018 from Barron, WI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member