AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
How on earth would they know there had been a knock at the door?
Theory #9

If you heard someone kicking your door in, wouldn’t you get your family and run out the back? That’s why I think dad saw something was up when he arrived home, kicked in the door, and was met with a bullet (or two). Mom is shot and calls 911. She couldn’t even whisper at that point. Jayme is upset and the LE have an idea whether she knew them or not. If she did, she is more likely to be alive (?) The Sheriff is quoted on video (during 2000 person search) I believe as saying they are “going off of” their hope that she is alive.
His first instinct may have been to fight, instead of run. If they ran out the back they would have just gone outside where the killer was. Jmo

OR they had run out of ammo after shooting the parents, hence why neither Jayme or the dog were killed. Again they would have to take Jayme with them as she would be a witness to the shootings.

Good possibility based on 911 transcript and what how many "multiple rounds" were.
"[118 - 10/15/2018 01:04:17] 325 ADVISED ONE MALE DOWN, MULTIPLE ROUNDS SPENT. REQUESTED THAT ADMIN BE NOTIFIED."
Jayme Closs: 911 dispatch log released from night of Wisconsin teen's disappearance

Last edited:
Great find! So, it would appear, that Jim DID answer the door!! But it was ajar. If he was mortally wounded, why use his energy to greet officers? The door was already open??
This gets curiouser and curiouser.
Im not sure what was a great find but I think you quoted the wrong post. Lol. I did find anything...except myself confused.

The log makes it sound like James opened the door to officers. That does not appear to be the case. All indications are that he was deceased at the time the police arrived.
Right, and they saw that the door was ajar and his feet were in the doorway. And he was unresponsive. No way does it sound like he got up to answer the door.

I have a question about the door being kicked in. Do we know the perp(s) kicked the door in? Could it have been already broken and in need of repair prior to the perps coming over? To my knowledge there hasn't been any verification, only speculation.

Initial reports citing the family as the source clearly indicated the door was "shot in." (It's very common for family to make statements before they are cautioned by LE not to speak further). I also believe it's possible the neighbors heard the door being shot in, but not necessarily gunfire that happened inside the house.

I agree that LE has never publicly confirmed whether door was shot-in or kicked in, and all we really have is speculation:

Door Kicked or Shot in?
[...]

1.) Relatives of the family said that the front door of the Barron home where Jayme disappeared from without a trace was shot in.

It is one of the few details about the crime scene that have been released as police continue to keep a tight lid on their investigation.

Fitzgerald said on Tuesday that the 911 call came from a cell phone while inside the home, but no one was communicating to the dispatcher.
Cops searching for missing Jayme Closs reveal the teen was HOME when her parents were shot to death | Daily Mail Online

2.) Jayme’s relatives told CBS News that the front door to the family home was shot in.

Fitzgerald has said Jayme is not a suspect in the killings. At a Monday press conference, he said, “We don’t have a suspect, we don’t have any leads right now.”
Missing Teen Jayme Closs Was Home when Her Parents Were Killed — and Front Door Was Shot In

3.) Investigators ramped up the search for 13-year-old Jayme ClossTuesday, deploying canines and releasing new photos of the teen, whose parents were found dead in the family's Wisconsin home. Relatives of Jayme told CBS News the front door to the house was shot in. Jayme has been missing since sheriff's deputies discovered her parents' bodies Monday morning.
Police trace 911 call after Wisconsin girl goes missing, parents found dead

Right, and they saw that the door was ajar and his feet were in the doorway. And he was unresponsive. No way does it sound like he got up to answer the door.
Yeah. When officers said that he “had answered the door,” they meant to the perpetrator. Not them.

A ton of outlets interpreted that information wrong, and I can see why.

I don't think at first they kicked the door open.

Imo they knocked on the door and James went to answer it since it was late and he was the man of the house.

I believe when he slightly opened the door the suspect tried to force his way in.

Imo James using all of his strength was able to close the door back.

It was then the suspect was able to kick the door open hitting it where the door knob/lock is located imo.

Imo
Okay, but the neighbors say they wouldn’t open the door in the daytime when they were bringing them their mail. If they are that skittish, why go to door at 12:30 at night?

Okay, but the neighbors say they wouldn’t open the door in the daytime when they were bringing them their mail. If they are that skittish, why go to door at 12:30 at night?
They may not have been “skittish” they may have simply kept odd hours.

If someone knocks on your door, you may not open it, but you might peek through the window to see who it is.

Or you may open it a crack.

Good possibility based on 911 transcript and what how many "multiple rounds" were.
"[118 - 10/15/2018 01:04:17] 325 ADVISED ONE MALE DOWN, MULTIPLE ROUNDS SPENT. REQUESTED THAT ADMIN BE NOTIFIED."
Jayme Closs: 911 dispatch log released from night of Wisconsin teen's disappearance
But we don't know that he was shot more than once. Since their initial thought was a suicide, he may have been shot once in the head. Multiple does not have to mean more than two, it can mean two or more. Jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
With both parents working for the same company for such a lengthy time, their circle would include other employees. It feels like retaliation : the anger of a hostile, disgruntled former employee perhaps. Do we know if either had people reporting to them? Maybe the ones that were killed were not those intended. I am thinking J was taken because she was a witness and there wasn't time to figure out what to do with her once the 911 call was discovered.

I reviewed the co website. They are owned by big food company. Therefore lots of HR. formalities found under careers on the site. Someone could have been fired and had been festering. Maybe that person planned on taking their own life when done but changed their mind.

I’ve thought about this, too. Any indication of a family company picnic? I wonder what other events they’d attended as a family. Just thinking about how someone would know about the entire family (as I’d assume they’d have to for crime-planning purposes).

How on earth would they know there had been a knock at the door?
Theory #9

If you heard someone kicking your door in, wouldn’t you get your family and run out the back? That’s why I think dad saw something was up when he arrived home, kicked in the door, and was met with a bullet (or two). Mom is shot and calls 911. She couldn’t even whisper at that point. Jayme is upset and the LE have an idea whether she knew them or not. If she did, she is more likely to be alive (?) The Sheriff is quoted on video (during 2000 person search I believe) as saying they are “going off of” their hope that she is alive.
LE are always optimistic that the missing person is alive. They were in the Tibbetts case a month after Mollie disappeared.

Aww, age is a relative term now. Generally speaking, we don't look like our parents when they were 50. We are fitter, healthier, usually don't have gray or white hair unless we want to have gray or white hair, and have a different mindset about our activity level, our vacations, our careers, retirement, home ownership, and various other markers of success and recreation.

How old we think we are determines how old we act in most cases, in the absence of serious illness which has obvious manifestations. I don't belong with the teens twerking at the clubs but I also don't belong in AARP or with a Lifeline or a walk in tub or a hundred different spam emails I get every day.

Not even a doctor can tell you you're old if you don't believe it. My doctor is my age, born in my birth year. I chose him years ago on purpose so he couldn't throw ageism in my face if I had a complaint of a sore knee or back pain one day. Thus far, he and I are both utterly healthy and fit human beings.
You aren't old unless you think you are! :)
You have great wisdom and a kind heart. The original post gave me a chuckle just because of the way it hit me and I couldn't resist commenting in jest.

Can I please ask a question? Did I read somewhere that the closs neighbours were unaware of the police at the closs house until next day when police came to the house? Do we know what time that was?
You did read that - the neighbors said they were unaware of the police activity at the Closs home until later in the day. Not sure what interview it was in with the neighbors but it was in the early morning. Don't know if a time was mentioned.

I don't know the veracity of that though because there would have been sirens and flashing lights. It would not have been quiet. There were more than a dozen vehicles dispatched to that scene. There would have been police cars on that road parked and lights flashing - not all of them would be in the Closs driveway.

I think it is highly unlikely that someone interested in sexually molesting a minor would not find another quieter way than doing a Rambo attack on a front door. Sexual predators are well known to be cold and calculating and do not seek a fight, they seek a victim, smaller, weaker, vulnerable, and isolated. As I said before, this was a rage killing and the motive may be based in the "misunderstanding" that LE have indicated. Jayme was taken either because the perp could not kill her or decided that he would take her as plunder. IMO we should look for a long festering hatred from someone who snapped on that day in particular. All of the other theories presented here are equally possible but I am now settled on this.
I echo your theory.
MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members