AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. Sorry, I should have replied to the original poster. As for somebody local, there's just no way to tell. In the MT case, I had the feeling it was somebody who just happened to be in town, while others felt it was somebody in her immediate circle. It turned out to be somewhere in between those two ideas. In this case, though, I lean toward thinking it wasn't simply random. It could have been, but it doesn't seem very likely from what we know.

And if local, that doesn't really help identify the motive or target (if, in fact, there was a specific target). From our vantage, there just doesn't seem to be any reason for anybody to want to do such malicious harm to the family. Motive, in this case, is pretty elusive. Could be any number of things.

Agreed. I just have this gut feeling it's going to turn out to be someone local, maybe that she had contact with at school - a stalker type situation. That just sticks with me for some reason. Another thing that gives me the creeps is that while the crime scene goes to the west, in the maps my eyes were drawn to the east, particularly to the veterinarian diagnostic lab, especially large animals. Maps

eta: Oh, and this was during the time I had "over the river and through the woods" playing over and over in my head. It just creeps me out.

This was before we knew about the area from Barron to Turtle Creek. btw, why are my letters now green and how do I change them back? :eek:-O:

Last edited:
I saw a pic of the car after it was removed from the water and it looked pristine. Doesn't seem like it's been submerged for very long.
I saw one a little while ago and it had numbers written along the side on the side. Like as if someone marked up where it was damaged or what part would need ordering? Unsure but it made me skeptical that it was involved.

I agree. Do you feel the perp is used to country life? It sure seems like they did know no one would be alarmed at hearing those shots. MOO

I think the perp(s) is getting too much credit in here. My belief is that they weren't thinking about much of anything until the 911 call. Someone who would do what they did isn't thinking rationally IMO.

We do live in the country, and gunshots are not uncommon - in the daytime. Shots at that time of night are not normal, unless you hear coyotes.
That’s what I thought! Except for normally noisey holidays I don’t hear gunshots at night. During the day, during hunting season, yes. Not at night.

the school she was going to and the new one, does anyone know the ages or grades there? could there of been someone like senior aged that she had regular contact with? someone could have developed a unhealthy interest in her. I just don't know the ages as different districts or at least here some have all ages or the ages are in different building but just a sidewalk separating them.
It appears that for both middle schools Jayme attended, the grades were 5-8.

Wow, I was surprised to see in their obituary that they had worked at Jennie-O for 27 years. So DC would have started when she was 19 years old and JC when he was 29.

Working with her flowers - could mean working with indoor flowers, flower arrangements (wreaths, etc) - not necessarily outdoors. Feeding birds could mean filling up a bird feeder on her back deck so she could watch from inside while she had her morning coffee. Just my opinion....

I pulled up the house on Google street view. For anyone who hasn't, it's enlightening. The house is set back from the road with trees in front of it. Anyone just driving by would be unlikely to notice someone working or playing in the yard - maybe during the winter with the leaves off, but not during the rest of the year. It is also a good distance from the neighbors, with a lot of trees in between. Doesn't surprise me at all that the neighbors knew little of what went on there (including whether there was a child).

I just wanted to chime in on an earlier discussion about gun shots heard by the Closses neighbors & the fact that it is common in rural areas.
We live in a very rural community (population is roughly 600). We have black bears, fox, coyotes, etc).
Over the summer, hubby & I were sitting out on the front porch when we saw something scurrying through our yard, towards our chicken coop. It was a fox. So hubby runs in to get his rifle & shot it into the air towards the woods just to scare the fox away. This happened at midnight. (We do have acreage & our neighbors are further away than the Closses neighbors are, but I am 100% certain they heard.)
It happened again, about 2 wks later, around midnight. Nobody called 911 either time because it is normal around our area. MOO

We live in the suburbs, yet one block away from a large canyon. In our neighborhood on any given night we will see coyotes, skunks, opossums, raccoons (as large as dogs), and California grey foxes, bobcats and mountain lions (but usually only on camera as they are incredibly shy except one time a male came into a neighbor’s home in the day - it was quite the event). Hearing gunfire in the middle of the night even with all the wildlife would definitely prompt calls to 911. I have attached a photo of the California grey fox that hangs out in our backyard...this was after it had eaten the neighbors’ free range Thanksgiving turkeys...

Attachments

• 43533C66-025D-446E-BB0E-09E91AE057B9.jpeg
    43533C66-025D-446E-BB0E-09E91AE057B9.jpeg
    113.8 KB · Views: 120
until we get a POI or some solid info from LE (haha - not likely) it's very difficult to even establish a motive to explain the brutality of this crime. So until then, we are left to swim in all of our theories and what-if's.
Okay, enough melodrama, lol :D

I've been trying too. Can't do it.
MY house was built in the 70's and though larger has a similar lay out. Not sure if the door is original but it has 2 thick metal dowels built in that you push down to make it go into the floor. Thats a horrible description but can't think how else to describe it. I always lock the other 2 locks but after all this talk tonight I'll be making sure to use all 3.

Out of all drug related violent crime cases I worked with meth was the most horrifying, violent, spur of the moment, and for no rhyme or reason. It can be Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde in an instant. Between the meth problem in that area, the arrest of a person for meth living minutes away (police say not related) and lack of evidence to make an arrest after all this time it really makes me wonder. Birds of a feather hang out together and it's possible one of those visiting birds saw Jayme while driving by a month, week, or a day earlier and turned into Mr. Hyde that night. Just one of many thoughts I've had. Apologies for the length. Guess I got a little to wrapped up in what I meant to be much shorter. This case has my brained in overdrive. I started out just wanting to post what's below to show the craziness that can come from meth.
This article explains it to the T!

{"Once people who are on meth become psychotic, they are very dangerous," said Dr. Alex Stalcup, who treated Haight Ashbury heroin users in the 1960s, but now researches meth and works with addicts in the San Francisco Bay Area suburbs. "They're completely bonkers; they're nuts. We're talking about very extreme alterations of normal brain function. Once someone becomes triggered to violence, there aren't any limits or boundaries."

The Central Valley of California is a hub of the nation's methamphetamine distribution network, making extremely pure forms of the drug easily available locally. And law enforcement officials say widespread meth abuse is believed to be driving much of the crime in the vast farming region.

Chronic use of the harsh chemical compound known as speed or crank can lead to psychosis, which includes hearing voices and experiencing hallucinations. The stimulant effect of meth is up to 50 times longer than cocaine, experts say, so users stay awake for days on end, impairing cognitive function and contributing to extreme paranoia." Your children and your spouse become your worst enemy, and you truly believe they are after you," said Bob Pennal, a recently retired meth investigator from the California Bureau of Narcotic Enforcement.}

Horrific murder no surprise in US meth hub

From above: "Your children and your spouse become your worst enemy, and you truly believe they are after you."

I can tell you from first hand experience that this is a true statement. My sister and her children were not lucky enough to recognize this could even be a possibility when my BIL became addicted to meth. At one time a very successful man who no one ever dreamed could become a violent and delusional murderer.

I have witnessed the irrational, unexplained, and violent thoughts and behaviors from someone who suddenly had unexplained superhuman strength.

Knowing that Jayme most likely witnessed this type of behavior that night has kept me awake more than once. It's the stuff nightmares are made of. Even IF it were someone the family knew- none of them could have ever imagined something like this could happen.

Time for me to take a little break from the case. I'll check back in from time to time..... and keep praying for Jayme.:)

This is the link to the obituary in case anybody missed it.
Obituary for James and Denise Closs at Rausch & Steel Funeral Home

Just trying to catch up, but what struck me about the obit from an analysis standpoint is that it plainly states that Denise was preceded in death by James. That might seem like an inconsequential statement, or an obvious fact for those of us that have reviewed this case. But if James was shot first, and Denise only a few minutes later could you conclusively say who died first? I know it's grim business to analyze this, but doesn't that phrasing tell us something new about the crime?

Perhaps there was an obvious or significant time gap between the two deaths/gun shots? Or was Denise heard still alive on the 911 call? This also informs us that the two gun shots heard by the neighbors, most likely were not the only gun shots in the house that night. I know many of your theories support this timeline, but somehow LE and the family knows conclusively.

Last edited:
Can someone tell me where to find pics of the police removing evidence? And/or the evidence list someone posted? I cant find it. TIA
From above: "Your children and your spouse become your worst enemy, and you truly believe they are after you."

I can tell you from first hand experience that this is a true statement. My sister and her children were not lucky enough to recognize this could even be a possibility when my BIL became addicted to meth. At one time a very successful man who no one ever dreamed could become a violent and delusional murderer.

I have witnessed the irrational, unexplained, and violent thoughts and behaviors from someone who suddenly had unexplained superhuman strength.

Knowing that Jayme most likely witnessed this type of behavior that night has kept me awake more than once. It's the stuff nightmares are made of. Even IF it were someone the family knew- none of them could have ever imagined something like this could happen.

Time for me to take a little break from the case. I'll check back in from time to time..... and keep praying for Jayme.:)
I am so sorry. My heart goes out to you and your family.Thank you for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck