AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip - discussing deleted posts >

Regarding timelines and James' schedule, I worked many 3PM-11PM shifts and I know that on this shift, you do have to do a lot of things when others are already in bed for the night. I have never had any problems with the timeline as we know it, except that I think all we can really know is what happened once LE became involved. I think there's a possibility that the home invasion took place quite a bit earlier and many more things happened inside the house with just mom and daughter there with the assailants. It's just a feeling I have and I don't claim it's factual at all. :)

If we knew the time of Mom’s last texts, calls, or posts, we would have a better idea.

<modsnip - discussing deleted posts >

Regarding timelines and James' schedule, I worked many 3PM-11PM shifts and I know that on this shift, you do have to do a lot of things when others are already in bed for the night. I have never had any problems with the timeline as we know it, except that I think all we can really know is what happened once LE became involved. I think there's a possibility that the home invasion took place quite a bit earlier and many more things happened inside the house with just mom and daughter there with the assailants. It's just a feeling I have and I don't claim it's factual at all. :)

If we knew the time of Mom’s last texts, calls, or posts, we would have a better idea.

Also someone have the link stating the 911 call recorded at least 2 femails in distress. And something about yelling: "...put it down put down..."?

That sounds like someone's speculation to me. I have not seen anything released about the sex of the voice or voices heard yelling on the 911 call nor anything about specifics of what was said (other than a few MSM sources claiming "help" was allegedly said).

I read somewhere about two men in a black SUV or pickup with dark beards?
They were seen in the area? Or something?

What was she arrested for?

meth

Though some here say that meth heads would be way less organized and/or homicidal. But if it was a buy of some kind, they weren’t the users necessarily. They had wrong house, never planned on killing anybody, and the unexpected happened. Jim could have had his own gun he was threatening them with as well, but they took it with them.

911 CALL

Fitzgerald said the 911 call came from the home, but no one was specifically talking to the dispatchers. Investigators are trying to enhance the audio for clues.
AMBER Alert: Jayme Closs, 13, missing after parents shot dead in Barron, Wis.

“We could hear yelling in the background on this 911 call. No one interacted with our dispatchers, so it was just kind of an open line where we could hear different things in the background.”
13-Year-Old Girl Missing After Her Parents Were Found Dead At Home
I thought I had read something like this! The yelling in the background. I'm going to go back to press releases and links...cause it seems I remember something about "females" yelling.

I read somewhere about two men in a black SUV or pickup with dark beards?
They were seen in the area? Or something?
Barron Co. Sheriff says tip from Miami about possible sighting of Jayme Closs is "not credible." .@KSTP
Alan Hoglund on Twitter

Authorities are dismissing a tip placing Jayme’s possible whereabouts in Miami. Fitzgerald says the tip is not credible, and that Miami police tweeted the information without consulting with Wisconsin investigators.
UPDATE: Authorities receive 200+ tips in case of missing 13-year-old

Also someone have the link stating the 911 call recorded at least 2 femails in distress. And something about yelling: "...put it down put down..."?
No doubt it comes from someone speculating on what might have been heard on the 911 call. There is no story in the media nor reported by law enforcement on such words nor the gender(s) of anyone heard on the call.

I thought I had read something like this! The yelling in the background. I'm going to go back to press releases and links...cause it seems I remember something about "females" yelling.
It was just some poster speculating about what might be on the tape. Then as per usual other posters took it as fact and started to run with it.

Could this still be done days later? I find the scent dogs fascinating and don’t know much about it.

The CSI death dogs: Sniffing out the truth behind the crime-scene

"In one study involving four dogs and their handlers, Jacobi says the dogs were able to detect remains at all stages of decomposition. Performance varied between dogs, but some could locate skeletonised remains buried in an area of 300ft by 150ft. "The few single human vertebrae I used in the study were well over 25 years old, and dry bone," Jacobi says. "This made the discovery of one of these vertebrae, which we buried in dense woods 2ft deep, by a cadaver dog pretty remarkable."

I'm really concerned Jayme may be right there too...in the neighborhood...would make sense: being out of there after 911 call so easily...
I don't know how LE/FBI investigates things....I know what I'd do...but, maybe not legal, lol

I do understand the angle of meth heads...but, the idea of a 'hit'...I mean, maybe too much Tarantino films, eh? Lol.....this is rural Barron, Wisconsin, population 3,000
But then again......who knows?

One thing I simply cannot get out of my head is....: a perp who has underthought things: simply gone in raging...then, 'oh crap'...30 minutes to over think things.....
so: 911 call:
If the perp is known to the Closs family, is trusted: what do they want to try to prove: that they were not known, not trusted, they did not open door for them....so, dial 911...that indicates, fear, intruders, someone unknown...
to divert from the fact that they were known to the Closs family.....dial, hang up after you've a solid plan........
I know: this isn't Occam's razor here: simple thing: one of the victims dials, stays quiet to not alert perps....
I cannot shake the feeling that call was staged/faked etc - it was a decoy.......

Probably wrong. But to me, seems like someone caught in a situation they didn't think through might come up with throw off the scent, thinking that if they were intruders 911 would be called - they were not in truth intruders though, they were known people....
eh - hope this makes sense....
getting late in my neck of the woods.....
I got what you were saying and I alluded to something similar. The 911 could have been the perp(s) toying with Cops. As in call and say nothing then hang up and bail as a means to taunt them. They may have known how long they’d have to get away after the hang up. We don’t know what the commotion was in there or how close it went on to the device that made the call. Did mom say help knowing 911 was dialed by someone? Did someone shoot her as the 911 was listening? Was Jayme pleading for her mom to be spared? We just don’t know.

What is your source for that?

The timeline on page one says:
10/15/18 13:49:49 - responding officer requested to contact Anderson Dairy to advise them of a search of the area for a missing person. Requesting to park in their yard.
-------------
BBM. It sounds to me like responding officers went to the Dairy and searched it themselves. They contacted the owners to advise them LE would be searching and asked for permission to park there while searching. JMO.

Does another source say different? TIA.
From the logs
http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/barron+county+call+log.pdf
[106 – 10/15/2018 12:35:46] 309 ADVISED DOG WAS LEFT WITH FAMILY AT RESIDENCE ON 17TH ST…

302 REQ THAT I CONTACT ANDERSON DAIRY AT 1312 HWY 8 AND ADV THEM THAT WE WILL BE DOING A SEARCH OF THE AREA FOR A MISSING PERSON. WE ARE REQ TO PARK IN THEIR YARD. HE ADV TO GO UP ABOVE THE UPPER BIG SHED AND PARK. HE ALSO STATED THAT HE HAS WENT THROUGH THE BUILDINGS AND HOUSE THERE AND THEY ARE CLEAR. 100 WOULD LIKE BARRON FIRE AND ALMENA FIRE FOR THE SEARCH.

Back in '96 some **** banged on my Mom and Aunt's door about one in the morning. He was demanding to be let in. My Aunt kept yelling thru the door he had the wrong trailer. She took her hunting riffle from the closet and aimed straight up and shot thru their own ceiling. He took off fast. This is the first thing I thought of with this case. However at Jayme's house they came weapon prepared.
Brought back memories of my Grandmother. One night someone was rummaging around outside her house. She went out on the porch with a 12 gauge shotgun and fired a round. She then heard someone running away down the road.

Another time when she was living with us I was overly inebriated and misplaced my keys. Tried crawling in my bedroom window and dropped the screen waking everyone up. Dad got to the door first with Gram behind him with a shotgun. Old school tough.

LE cannot legally search private property without either permission or a search warrant (or immediate probable cause like a girl screaming for help). So, yes if they make a blanket request for people to check their buildings they have to essentially trust that people are going to do it. That said, we did learn that LE searched neighboring properties and businesses in this case. They would have contacted each business owner and home owner as they made their search. If any neighbors refused a search that would have brought added scrutiny on themselves and their property. I was encouraged to hear the sheriff say they have had people call in that own hunting cabins or seasonal cabins and actually requested that LE check their vacant properties for them to make sure she wasn't being held in one of those places. This is a town that is very alert and wants to bring Jayme home.

If a lone abductor is keeping her in his basement or his own personal hunting cabin, it is going to be harder to find her that is for sure. But locals and hunters can help by keeping an eye out for anyone coming and going a lot from a building that should be vacant. All they need is the right tip-- for someone to call in and say something like "I don't think my neighbor is acting right, ever since Jayme went missing, he is spending more time in his barn at night" or "Suddenly my neighbor's curtains are always closed even in the day time when he always kept them open before" or "I talked to so and so and asked if they wanted any help searching his land and out buildings to make sure Jayme wasn't there... immediately he changed the subject and asked me not to come back on his property again..." Some of these things may be nothing suspicious but all the FBI needs is an alert citizen and the right name. They just need the right tip from someone who noticed something and they will find the suspect (and hopefully Jayme too). JMO.
That’s the sort of examples of odd I wish LE would give. People don’t always know what to look for exactly. They’re not sure what is odd or different. It could be something so subtle that it may otherwise go unnoticed.

I got what you were saying and I alluded to something similar. The 911 could have been the perp(s) toying with Cops. As in call and say nothing then hang up and bail as a means to taunt them. They may have known how long they’d have to get away after the hang up. We don’t know what the commotion was in there or how close it went on to the device that made the call. Did mom say help knowing 911 was dialed by someone? Did someone shoot her as the 911 was listening? Was Jayme pleading for her mom to be spared? We just don’t know.
We can know that no shots were fired during the call because the 911 call log would include a reference of shots fired and the Emergency Response Team (ERT) would have been dispatched right from the beginning and more local dispatches would have occurred instead of just the three officers - especially from the on duty Barron City Police Department - as this would have been considered an active shooter situation.

Well with such a small window of time, and a messy chaotic crime scene, and teenagers are contrarians and wouldn’t go along without putting up a fight- but they sure got clean away!
Maybe it was more professional people. Like maybe a ‘hit’.

What is your source for that?

The timeline on page one says:
10/15/18 13:49:49 - responding officer requested to contact Anderson Dairy to advise them of a search of the area for a missing person. Requesting to park in their yard.
-------------
BBM. It sounds to me like responding officers went to the Dairy and searched it themselves. They contacted the owners to advise them LE would be searching and asked for permission to park there while searching. JMO.

Does another source say different? TIA.
The timeline on page 1 is backed up by Source 22 (see the Spoiler button). The rest of that line item says this:

"302 Req that I contact Anderson Dairy at 1312 Hwy 8 and adv them that we will be doing a search of the area for a missing person. We are req to park in their yard. He adv to go up above the upper big shed and park. He also stated that he has went through the buildings and house there are they are clear."

BBM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members