AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #16

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. margarita25

margarita25 Everything is JMO

You guys are right about the library, I don’t know what I was thinking.

Where are you, Jayme?

2. 1987

1987 Former Member

I wonder if the family witnessed something or was just thought to have witnessed something. family might not have even been aware of anything. I know someone that was thought to have witnessed a body being dumped and 40 years latter they still have issues and all they know is what LE has told them happened, they never seen anything

Ozarka, jkloc420, Steelslady and 2 others like this.
  3. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

Jayme would have been around new acquaintances and their families at her new school. Was there recently an open house or other school function that older family members would have attended and possibly noticed Jayme?

4. msmamanana

msmamanana Well-Known Member

It is so similar to Michael, Rebecca, and 4 year old son Hargon. Revenge over inheritance was the motive there. A Valentine's Day yarn out of Mississippi fit for Friday the 13th

Al Ka, libraryg, Moonracer and 8 others like this.
  5. the seeker

the seeker Well-Known Member

Duncan watched the family from a distance before he struck-this case may be no different in that aspect.

6. damask

damask New Member

I've been watching the threads on this case since the beginning and keep coming back to the profile of the perp as a rescuer. Warning, THEORY ahead: Maybe Jayme met someone in person or online who was a bit unstable and to whom she confided truthful, half-truthful or completely made up stories of some sort of abuse at the hands of her parents. At her age it's not uncommon for parental decisions to seem unfair and for teens to seek attention from outside sources. Maybe she exaggerated the situation and this person decided to rescue her from her "abusers." Following the incredible violence and the perp taking Jayme away, she could be feeling guilty for her role in what happened and scared of this person she thought she trusted and so is not fighting her captor. If this were the case I highly doubt this was the result she was looking for, possibly just a situation where seeking attention or embellishing stories had an incredibly horrible and unintended consequence.

Completely MOO.

Stunned, Mollyandme, SAMS and 3 others like this.
  7. charminglane

charminglane Helcat! Near the Rose Bowl

I respect your reply and logic.
    I can agree that Jayme seems more quiet, more of a homebody, and possibly naive than most her age.
    However, working in a public library and having been a teacher-internet access is a Hoover vacuum cleaner for all ages. The public library should be covered under the FOIA. The school - New and old one - should have already been checking her inner school account s.

JRW, Terra Incognita, human and 7 others like this.
  8. RoChEsTeR Paul

RoChEsTeR Paul Active Member

I don't believe that they only made out one word from that 911 call. They sent it out to be analyzed, hoping to learn more from it. I bet they already heard a lot more than we think

1&2&3, LaLaw2000, Talullah and 13 others like this.
  9. 1987

1987 Former Member

I also cant quit thinking it is Halloween month and who knows what kind of shows someone could have been watching and creating their own thoughts and wants of acting out.

Moonracer, Amonet and jkloc420 like this.
  10. BB71

BB71 Well-Known Member

Besides, Jayme, guns could have been taken, money may have been taken...who knows.

Lillymac, human, 1987 and 4 others like this.
  11. IslandGirrl

IslandGirrl Active Member

RE "It seems that those shorelines and bodies of water would be a priority before they freeze over for the winter. There would be no recovery until next spring. Perhaps LE has information that makes this approach unecessary."

I agree and thought this too. I continually go back to the feeling that there is a key piece that LE knows and not revealing at this time. Something that makes them think she is alive and hasn't warranted a search of water in the area. I also keep going back to this is someone Jayme knew. or someone that fixated on her or a perceived need/reason to take her... and she was the target... if she weren't, there would be 3 people found deceased that day imo. I have a few other thoughts that aren't permitted to post here (NOT implicating Jayme or her parents, nor any "group" of people to be clear :) That really bothers me when I see any suggestion posted about this and glad there was a post reminding this.)

Moonracer, tmar, 1987 and 1 other person like this.
  12. jkloc420

jkloc420 On Time Out

yes

13. SecretGarden

SecretGarden Well-Known Member

October 29, 2018 Update

We have received over 2000 tips and have closed over 1875 of them and continue to work on this case. Please continue to call in your tips 1-855-744-3879 or jaymetips@co.barron.wi.us and we will bring Jayme home.

There is a tip out there that will break this case, keep them coming in. Thank you again for the community support behind the law enforcement effort on this case.

Also on Saturday Oct 27, 2018 we arrested Kyle Jaenke, 32 of Cameron for Burglary at the Closs home. Jaenke has been cleared of any involvement in the disappearance but was charged in Barron County Court today with Burglary and Bail Jumping.

Sheriff Fitzgerald

14. bechk45

bechk45 Well-Known Member

I think naive is a really good way to say it. IF she stumbled into a dangerous person online, I doubt she had any clue.

15. jkloc420

jkloc420 On Time Out

did he rat somebody out

16. SecretGarden

SecretGarden Well-Known Member

Someone broke into the Closs home... WTH is wrong with people?

17. margarita25

So where are James’ hunting guns?

IF these were taken then maybe LE has sent out a note to Pawn Shops? Idk...

18. margarita25

Wait, whaaaat?!?

19. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

Does anyone think Jayme being an only child had anything to do with this? My dad was an only child and he talks about the extreme loneliness he had as both of his parents worked. I do believe he was more vulnerable at this age because of it.

Talullah, Sconnie, SAMS and 6 others like this.
  20. jkloc420

jkloc420 On Time Out

wonder what kind of car he was driving

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.