AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got to watch the new interview with the sheriff. I have not see this mentioned yet. At about 48 minutes into the interview Fitzgerald discusses the FBI CARD Team and then he mentions "the 13 year old taken in NC" and reveals his team have been in contact with the agency to see if the two cases are at all similar or at all connected. You can see his interview here: DrydenWire
Not sure what that says, if anything, about either case but I found it interesting.

13 year old girl taken in NC is Hania Aguilar and her current thread is here: AMBER ALERT - NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #2

Generally, yes. That’s one of the reasons I’m no longer big on the online angle.

That was high on my list initially.

I am kind of leaving the door open for that one, just in case LE is being super secretive about finding something. Generally, though, I feel like if there was a digital lead then we'd have heard something about it by now.

A “19 year old boyfriend” has been brought up many times in discussions elsewhere. The age is always stated as 19 which seems specific. I recall somebody early on claiming he had been cleared, even. Now, the sheriff isn’t denying his existance which pretty much confirms he’s real.

I know from my daughter, 13 year olds have “boyfriends” they really have very little to do with. They may chat online but never actually date at all. All of my daughter’s friends seemed to have such supposed-boyfriends. It seems to be a social requirement but doesn’t necessarily mean much. Now, in other cases classmates were heavily involved and having sex so it’s hard to tell just how serious Jayme’s possible relationship could have been.

It does lead me to believe she likely was talking to guys online and we all know that such people may not always be what they claim.

Perhaps she could have been chatting online with someone who became infatuated with her. Maybe she was naive and had no idea he was coming to her house. Maybe she told him where she lived, maybe she didn’t and he found the address on his own.

Maybe he decided he wanted Jayme and wanted her parents dead so she wouldn’t have any reason to leave him and return home.

Maybe her dog would be the reason she would return home if she was able, which was my opinion after seeing the press conference with her aunts.

My thoughts and opinions only.

Listening to the DrydenWire interview, I noted that the Sherrif stated that the perp(s) were only in the house for four minutes. That seems to contradict the neighbor's specific recollection of gunshots at 12:31 a.m.

Meeting an older man online is always a strong possibility. It would have taken a bit to get those records, and if he were using encrypted text or a burner phone it would make detection more difficult, but not impossible. I think this scenario is the most likely given the little we know. Hopefully answers will reveal themselves soon.

Amateur opinion and speculation only.

Meeting an older man online is always a strong possibility. It would have taken a bit to get those records, and if he were using encrypted text or a burner phone it would make detection more difficult, but not impossible. I think this scenario is the most likely given the little we know. Hopefully answers will reveal themselves soon.

Amateur opinion and speculation only.

At one point I wondered if she had a secret, pre-paid phone that nobody knew about. It was an idea. I don't feel strongly about it.

There were several things she said that seemed as if there was a hidden meaning. I obsessed with it for a couple days and never could figure out what that message might be or who it is directed towards, but I still suspect there’s something there.
Parents work at Jenie-o Turkey , and the dog only eats chicken. That's a bit odd. Imo. I wonder why that is.

I finally got to watch the new interview with the sheriff. I have not see this mentioned yet. At about 48 minutes into the interview Fitzgerald discusses the FBI CARD Team and then he mentions "the 13 year old taken in NC" and reveals his team have been in contact with the agency to see if the two cases are at all similar or at all connected. You can see his interview here: DrydenWire
Not sure what that says, if anything, about either case but I found it interesting.

13 year old girl taken in NC is Hania Aguilar and her current thread is here: AMBER ALERT - NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #2
Thanks for that information. Something else to consider. I do believe this guy has done something like this before, or at least has some sort of criminal background. The brazenness of the attack makes me think he had a certain level of confidence, and the fact that he was gone so fast. Seems to be well planned. Jmo

Jayme seems like a just nice young girl. I have a very hard time believing she had online boyfriends or made any kind of plans with an older boyfriend.
Her life was full with family, dance and church.
I think jayme is the biggest victim here.

This family has been under the microscope from day one. Nothing but maybes on all of them. The maybes are speculation only.

Jenny o employs 2500 people. Every one of them should be checked out. I don't believe this had anything to do with little Jayme.

I've thought about this. I wonder if any are gone and can't be located due to fake I D cards? Wrong name and gone!

Jayme seems like a just nice young girl. I have a very hard time believing she had online boyfriends or made any kind of plans with an older boyfriend.

This family has been under the microscope from day one. Nothing but maybes on all of them. The maybes are speculation only.

Nearly all thoughts on this thread are speculation, including your view on Jayme. Not being critical - just pointing out the obvious.

Teenage girls pretty much stick to their phones rather than computers. If her phone was locked they may not have managed access yet. Trackng through provider records isn’t necessarily easy.

You bring up a good point. That is definitely true for a large number of teens JohnTate90210;

Hopefully LE has looked into
1) some teens LEND each other their phones; especially to their friends who have parents with stricter usage standards than them
2) some teens have several cell phones; sometimes one or two the parents don't know about. (and they then LEND that Non-primary phone out to a friend).
3) some Junior-HS youth (very innocently on the receiving end), ..... have older friends/cousins/siblings who are in High School who lend them their phone, without knowing at all a contact (in the background, so to speak) might actually be communicating and grooming the JHS student.
4) some teens use school computers, and have (surprisingly quick!!!) ways of getting around the (local Board of Education) firewalls to communicate with potential predators online in class. (ugh. But, it happens a lot more than you think.)

I am not saying that's what happened here; But I am sure LE is looking into every SINGLE possibility, and that ANY phone Jayme was (innocently) lent in the last 2 weeks could have unwittingly led her to someone who was not what they claimed to be at all.

IMO. Amateur speculation only.

I've thought about this. I wonder if any are gone and can't be located due to fake I D cards? Wrong name and gone!
They both worked at this place for so long. If either one of them got someone in trouble there by being snarky and this someone was let go it could have caused this rage, especially since this is the only big employer around there.

Listening to the DrydenWire interview, I noted that the Sherrif stated that the perp(s) were only in the house for four minutes. That seems to contradict the neighbor's specific recollection of gunshots at 12:31 a.m.
No it doesn't imo. But it changes how we've been assuming the circumstances to have unfolded. jmo I'm going to have to give this a lot of thought. Is it possible the gunshot the neighbors heard came from a different location than Jayme's home?

I certainly agree with your assessment of this sweet dear girl. However, online predators are extremely skilled at luring children, even savvy kids, or kids especially close to parents.

This being said, I think the likelihood of the Perp being a local is equally plausible. She could be stashed close by. I’d like to see more dogs.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Perhaps she could have been chatting online with someone who became infatuated with her. Maybe she was naive and had no idea he was coming to her house. Maybe she told him where she lived, maybe she didn’t and he found the address on his own.

Maybe he decided he wanted Jayme and wanted her parents dead so she wouldn’t have any reason to leave him and return home.

Maybe her dog would be the reason she would return home if she was able, which was my opinion after seeing the press conference with her aunts.

My thoughts and opinions only.
If she were going for the dog, she’d go to the aunt’s unless she didn’t see the press conference. I tend to think she wouldn’t wanna step foot back in the house for any reason. Too horrific and especially if she didn’t know if the scene had been cleaned already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member