AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Why hasn't this case been solved? "They were probably only in that residence for 4 minutes." "If I'm in your house for 25 minutes I'm bound to touch something...leave a fingerprint...DNA, shoeprint, whatever. If I'm only in your house one minute today, you know, I'm probably not going to leave as much evidence. And so, that might be part of it."

Nobody questioned that? Something they are telling us is not true then. If the neighbours time estimate for the first shots is accurate and the time of the 911 call is accurate, how does he get four minutes? Unless the commotion heard on the 911 call is the dog freaking out?

I’m sorry. Sheriff sounds more like a politician than anything else. I’m hopeful he’s not really in charge of the investigative work. (Not meant to disparage LE, just concerning to me.) Maybe all sheriffs are this way?
My thoughts exactly. Again as you said.. not to criticize this LEO.. but goodness... I'll just say .. he was a little hard to listen to. MOo

I'm sorry that for bringing up something that was already discussed and dismissed. Just so I don't have to go deep searching into old threads, can somebody please remind me how we know that the suitcase the evidence technician had belonged to her
(evidence technician ). Again, it would really save me a lot of time if someone just can recall how we came to that conclusion.
Here are a couple of links that take you to threads where it was discussed. I don';t think we "know" from MSM, but there seemed to be a consensus the few times it was previously brought up that if it were evidence it would have been handled differently than it was.

AMBER ALERT - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #8 (scroll down)

AMBER ALERT - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #8

- Why hasn't this case been solved? "They were probably only in that residence for 4 minutes." "If I'm in your house for 25 minutes I'm bound to touch something...leave a fingerprint...DNA, shoeprint, whatever. If I'm only in your house one minute today, you know, I'm probably not going to leave as much evidence. And so, that might be part of it."
WHOA this is hugely significant, it means LE is discounting what the neighbor heard or at least when they heard it.

EDit it also makes the Denise barricaded in the bathroom trying to call 911 (as reported in radar)story much more believable.

- All family has been interviewed and cooperated. Wouldn't say they were cleared

Question about this: to me wouldn't and didn't are two different things. Did he just not say they were cleared or did the interviewer press about it and he refused to say they're cleared.

So with the chair damage, it looks likely that more than 2 shots (Which the neighbour heard) were fired, a possibility when taken in context with the bullet casings found in the home which always suggested more than 2.....MOO
My thoughts exactly. This would indicate that shots fired inside the house were too muffled to be heard by the neighbour.

Here are a couple of links that take you to threads where it was discussed. I don';t think we "know" from MSM, but there seemed to be a consensus the few times it was previously brought up that if it were evidence it would have been handled differently than it was.

AMBER ALERT - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #8 (scroll down)

AMBER ALERT - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #8
ty

WHOA this is hugely significant, it means LE is discounting what the neighbor heard or at least when they heard it.

EDit it also makes the Denise barricaded in the bathroom trying to call 911 (as reported in radar)story much more believable.

This is the most important thing from the interview, did the interviewer press him on that anymore?

Nobody questioned that? Something they are telling us is not true then. If the neighbours time estimate for the first shots is accurate and the time of the 911 call is accurate, how does he get four minutes? Unless the commotion heard on the 911 call is the dog freaking out?

LE has never said a thing about the shots heard by the neighbors. Many of us on here have speculated that neighbors might have been a little off about the time they say they heard the shots. The more LE gives us, the more that appears to be the case.

I was watching an interview with the Sheriff this morning and I finally saw a really good clear shot of the chair that was removed from the home. This is where I saw it: Going Inside The Daily Hunt To Find Jayme Closs

I captured a screen shot, and am sharing it here b/c I think it will make for interesting discussion now that we can see it so clearly.
BBM
When I looked at this photo up close, the magnitude of this horrific event hit me unlike anything else I've seen :(

I believe this was so much worse than we can know.....
Jayme we have not given up hope!!!!!
Prayers for the entire Closs family and loved ones.

Oh man the 4 minute comment of the sheriff is cringing.

• 10/15/18 00:31 - Neighbors report hearing two loud gunshots within a few seconds [27]
  • 10/15/18 00:53:26 - 911 call received per dispatch log [22]
  • 10/15/18 00:56:01 - dispatched units to residence [22]
  • 10/15/18 01:00:30 - dispatched units arrive on scene. [22]
And remember that the struggle was already happening when the 911 call got received.

Again such a interesting case here. I only hope she will be found.

The sheriff said they lean toward targeted.... I hope that twenty year old crime was called in. Let LE decide if it's significant.

I'm even now confounded than before. I was certain the crime scene would tell at least a partial tale, lending toward number and kind of weaponry, number of perpatrators, evidence of movement within the house ...

MOO I've always thought the chair was removed because the chair itself wasn't evidence but something lodged I'm it might be. I never thought it was about those ties. I've had chair cushions. Pretty to look at, but sit on them and they inevitably rip free, leaving knotted ties, not worth the trouble to untie. It is worth noting how something very common (leftover chair ties) can look so ominous in the context of a crime.

Stuck on the sheriff's comment that the perp or perps may have only been in the house for mere minutes. How does this change things, if the 911 call happened nearly in conjunction with the BEGINNING of this crime????

"I think, when we find Jayme, we will find who was at the house".

I'm ready to assume, they know full well who has done this.

"Family is cooperating", "JC is 100% still alive", "spoke with her classmates", "your (dog) is wearing your sweatshirt", "i have your favorite fappraciono", small search parties, on and on and on

U know, i won't point a finger, but facebook gives a good lifestyle impression of an individual

My assumption is not sex offender related, rather drug. My POI appears mid 40 and has a 20+ yr old GF. This has bothered me for weeks. I can't shake it

Sheriff Fitzgerald says they are reviewing 80 videos from area surveillance plus doing forensic analysis of about 40 pieces of physical evidence-per day. Guessing from house, yard & 2000 person search. He says the case reminds him of the Jacob Wetterling case- which was solved after 27 years, committed by an original POI & registered sex offender. In Barron, there are 23 registered sex offenders within THREE MILES of the Closs home. LE has interviewed all of them, reviewed the info, AND GONE BACK when something didn’t add up. So... IMO, they have a POI or POIs, but don’t have enough physical evidence for an arrest. Let’s hope forensic testing secures some long before 27 years have passed.
Going Inside The Daily Hunt To Find Jayme Closs
PS: I hope LE uses the radar technology posted late in the previous thread, to check those 23 houses for a living person who is not supposed to be there- before case law/ privacy laws prevent them from doing so.

A small correction. The guy in the Wetterling case was not a registered sex offender. He was an offender but no one knew it until he was caught for Jacob at the end. The Wetterlings got the sex offender registry. Until then, there was no registry

Thought:
Maybe someone grabbed the cell and made the 911 call then dropped it and ran to join the commotion? Perhaps Jayme was fighting with an attacker or Denise was? We all think she died in that bathroom, but its not been confirmed. I'm wondering if the commotion was someone grabbed that phone, made that call, maybe she ends up dead b/c she yells out or Jayme does that 911 was called? Perp finds phone, shuts it down and kills mom, leaves with Jayme?

Just thought in reference to the sex offenders. I was once called to the bench to answer a question about a PSI I had conducted on a Def who was being sentenced. The defendant had a pretty serious rape conviction from many years prior. The Judge (believe it or not they don't know everything and are just as human as you or I) asked me if the D was registered. The Def wasn't nor was he required to be as his conviction was prior to law change. My point is that there are sex offenders who aren't' registered and BCI doesn't always have old information when you pull a LEADS on someone. Just throwing this out there for anyone leaning in the sex offender direction.

Exactly true re the registering. And the other point about Level 1 and 2 that do not require public notification and the ones who are not caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member