AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think it’s logical that Denise made the call, since it was her phone.

However, upon reflection, I think it is *possible* that Jayme made the call if her mother gave her the phone and told her to dial 911 and stay very quiet (maybe while JC is at the front door) and then Denise went to back up her husband/protect her daughter.

Then the murderer could have shot Denise on sight, went to Jayme, saw that she was on the phone and took it, hung it up, threw it on the floor and left the home with Jayme.

That could fit with what we know.

moo.

Last edited:
This is just my opinion, but expectation is everything. I think the perp or perps EXPECTED to get in, I suspect they've done it before, and sometimes I'll bet, people simply open their door, not expecting violence. When the door didn't open, they shot or kicked their way in. Meanwhile, I'm of the mind that, when James went to the door, HE expected someone needing assistance. A car accident on Hwy 8, for example. A deer. He either opened the door kindly and then, realizing the situation, used his body to jam the door closed OR cautious, he never opened it. And the intruder(s) forced their way in. Crazy to think just minutes later LE would arrive. As they arrived, they would've had NO idea what they were coming up to. They may have expected to wake people up, to notify them of an accidental 911 call... but as LE, every call carries a degree of alarm, I am certain... how swiftly this one escalated. In the moment it takes mentally to process a scene -- the call, the door, feet -- and given previous murder-suicide calls in the area -- I can see why LE would think they are seeing the second half of such a scenario, believing further that that the downed man had opened the door, left it open. No doubt the scene shifted quickly and dramatically with no weapon present. A thousand accolades to LE for handling such a horrific crime, calling in resources from all quarters. Evil came down fast and furious and got away, but let's hope not for long.

Can you imagine Jayme having to step over the body of her father? I have never even thought about that until reading your post.
Is it possible she was asleep when the attack happened and they found her in bed?

I don’t think she had to step over anything. I think the murderer threw her over his shoulder and left out the patio door.

moo.

I wish there was a POI to explore.
Me too. And I feel like its either going to be a complete random stranger to the Closs's, or a complete shock of someone they knew but that no one ever expected. Otherwise I feel like these families were close enough, and even people at work who knew them, that someone would be suspect in their minds by now. moo.

Maybe James opened the door to answer it, saw the gunman and was able to get the door closed and locked quickly. Gunman could have fired at the door, then kicked it open, shooting James directly with the second shot?
That is what I think too. If the person had been looking for a way in the glass is the easy way. It just seems like James was interacting with them at that door so the violence was initiated there and escalated.

This topic was from a few threads ago. Please forgive the length and apologies to those that are tired of this subject. A few threads ago, someone posted a news link about a man arrested on meth charges that lived near the Closs home. I responded by "saying that makes 2 now", the man in the story and a woman I knew of. I think I ended up deleting that post because the only verification I had on the woman was the her booking info that I cross referenced with one of her court cases that showed her address. I had no news link to verify. Since police said it was unrelated I didn't want to put her name and address out there because that wouldn't have been right. I believe the Sheriffs statement that the arrest was not related but also believe there can be an outer connection. These arrests lend to my thoughts of this case being meth related. NOT because the Closs family had any connection to anything illegal but because innocent people fall victim to those who use drugs in so many ways. Two houses of known and arrested meth users with the Closs home sitting in the middle. One of those homes only .04 mi away and the other just a little further away. Total speculation and rehash but at least I found the link. So possibilities:
>meth use? >wrong house? > attempt to steal drugs from a fellow user, was shorted, possible retaliation but wrong house > passing the Closs house while frequenting the home of a drug user and Jayne or another family member was seen once or many times >meth rage wrong time wrong place? IDK
Sidenote: I couldn't recall the words that (in my experience) best described the meth related, random, violent murders cases I know of. Earlier I was talking about it with my son who is a combat vet and he kind of laughed and said "you mean Shock & Awe?" He was right. Shock and Awe.
ANYWAY, not sure how I missed it but here is a link to the media story and her arrest.
@ 1:34 in the video.
Search For Jayme Closs Continues; Parents’ Deaths Ruled Homicides
MOO
Screen has been freezing and I've had to retype or continue where it wasn't saved so sorry if it doesn't flow

First, want to be absolutely clear I don't think Jayme was involved...but have to say, to contradict my own logic: if Jayme did go & let perp(s) in then it'd be super duper obvious that someone within the household was involved: why? No forced entry..

Which has led me to this thought: maybe the show of force is precisely that: a show.
The perp(s) want to make it clear with flashing neon arrows: look, look: we had to force our way in because no one in that house knows us!!

(By the way: no, I'm not suggesting Jayme was involved, to be clear again!)

This suggests the perp(s) did plan this.....the show of force, killing the parents - and this would mean they did indeed have a plan of where to take Jayme & why they were away so quickly, efficiently & there's no sign of Jayme....

Of course this totally contradicts my theory from last night of an unplanned, emotional attack, the perp(s) not disguised which may have led to taking Jayme.

Sigh....

(also: no reason it has to be either/or with the door: maybe kicked & shot at..)

“"No one talked on that call and we don't know who made it. We heard voices but we can’t make out what was said," he said, adding that it sounded as though the call was made in a room separate from the commotion.“

Wisconsin police baffled by Jayme Closs disappearance one month after parents' murder

Here is an article where Fitzgerald said the word “help” can be heard. The FBI were analyzing the 911 tapes. Maybe it was Jayme saying help and that’s how they now she was in the house?

UPDATE: Sheriff: Missing girl was in home at the time of the murders

This is exactly why the Sheriff needs to clarify how many voices were there, exactly what is heard, etc. Or just release the call. There's too much conflicting information out. I posted earlier where he said he didn't know if she had her phone with her and then it came out that they've had her phone.

When folks people get confused or don't understand a situation, they give up and move on to something else. I fear that's happening here. Public interest is waning and the news is rolling forward. It's very apparent this case has grown cold and I wish something could keep it going.

I feel that the weapon used was most likely a shotgun. If the assailant used a semi-automatic handgun, he most likely would have fired more than two shots. With a shotgun, up close, to the head, there's no doubt that the target is dead. Perhaps a short barreled pump, 12 ga.
Didn't the responding officer say multiple spent rounds were seen?

Was there a mention of that door being open? I doubt the person would have bothered to close it behind themselves while carrying a screaming teenager.

Would it need to be open? It was a sliding glass door. Slide open, step out, slide closed.

And I believe Jayme was either shocked silent, or was made so she was unable to scream.

This entire crime could’ve been committed with a handgun and a roll of duct tape. Brutally simple.

moo.

I only have a minutes phone I keep in my purse . I have to make an effort to keep it charged as I forget. Cell phones are not part of my life so I have no thoughts on them..

Where would Denise keep her phone at night, do you think? Would this be something Jayme knows ?
I get the feeling they were fairly strict with Jayme's phone. It was found charging in the kitchen, which is a little odd because most kids keep their phones on their bedside tables. This tells me the parents had very stringent phone rules, or there was an issue and her parents initiated a phone curfew.

Molly might have slept on Jayme's bed every night. She may have hidden under the bed or elsewhere in the room. It's just a feeling but I think Jayme stayed in her room wondering why someone was at the front door so late at night. Curiosity and some slight apprehension? ... has something awful happened to one her family members? (these would be my thoughts in her place) I highly doubt she would have come out of her room to be the first person to answer the door. I think she would have waited to "hear" who it was and what was going on. Everything happened so quickly with the breaking down of the door and shots being fired, the sound of her father falling down and hitting the floor. I think she might have made a break for the sliding glass door to try to run and get help; knowing her phone was in the kitchen and she couldn't call 911. Maybe ran because, meanwhile, her mother is fighting and running for her life and unable to help her and may have even called out to Jayme to "run." All jmo.
Deleted: reposting as separate post

Last edited:
That is what I think too. If the person had been looking for a way in the glass is the easy way. It just seems like James was interacting with them at that door so the violence was initiated there and escalated.
Neighbors heard two shots (discrepancy in timeline). But bullets were “riddled”. That should have been heard too. Hmmm. I originally thought the door was kicked in, James is killed with a single shot, then Denise was too. Fitting in with what the neighbors heard.

Wow, if all 3 of their phones were left at the house and there’s no evidence of any leads on the phones then it seems like it could not have been anyone known to the family, at least not that was talked about on their phones. I’m leaning towards wrong house again. Ugh, this is such a tragedy.

Only exceptions I can think of is someone from James work that never had any phone contact and he never texted about to anyone on his phone. Or they had additional burner phones that the perp(s) removed from the home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member