AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've thought of the affair angle. As usual the question becomes: why take Jayme?
First idea to answer that question was if the perp was initially after Denise, was rebuffed or she ended it & in a rage kills her & James & takes Jayme as a 'consolation prize' :(
Second: perp who was having an affair with either James or Denise in a rage kills them & did not conceal their identity. The attack wasn't planned but a 'crime of passion' - they couldn't bring themselves to kill Jayme, & in a panic take her with them....
Either way though seems like this would have come out by now?
Especially if the perp has a partner/wife/husband etc.
it's all certainly a possibility though

I've thought of the affair angle. As usual the question becomes: why take Jayme?
First idea to answer that question was if the perp was initially after Denise, was rebuffed or she ended it & in a rage kills her & James & takes Jayme as a 'consolation prize' :(
Second: perp who was having an affair with either James or Denise in a rage kills them & did not conceal their identity. The attack wasn't planned but a 'crime of passion' - they couldn't bring themselves to kill Jayme, & in a panic take her with them....
Either way though seems like this would have come out by now?
Especially if the perp has a partner/wife/husband etc.
it's all certainly a possibility though

Hmmm. Doesn't sound like the most likely of possibilities, though, does it ? Still, it's an angle we maybe haven't given enough thought to ?

I dunno.

I still can not discount perp(s) with a history of violent home invasions, possibly dual/ group, moo.

To me, that is the theory that makes the most sense. It's difficult to reconcile that theory with the fact that Fitzgerald has said that nothing was taken from the house, but I can see a scenario in which violent home invaders came looking to steal something, and simply couldn't get into a locked gun safe, or took something from the home that LE isn't even aware of, or simply lost control of the scene from the moment they kicked in the door and didn't have time to continue to look for valuables. As to the question of why they might have taken a 13 year old girl...I can also find logical explanations for that in a random home invasion scenario. Perhaps they felt they couldn't risk another gunshot being heard after realizing someone had called 911...perhaps they had a more sinister reason for taking her.

I get the distinct impression that the person or persons who did this weren't exactly planning for things to go the way they did. I see a complete loss of control of the victims and the crime scene. Not exactly a well executed crime, imo.

Trying to look at this case with a fresh set of eyes, starting with the known physical evidence removed from the house by LE . Here's what I have so far:

1. Glass storm door (intact)
2. Main front door (extensive damage)
3. Wooden dining room or kitchen chair (extensive damage)
4. 3 cell phones belonging to the victims
5. 1 mattress (possibly 2 ? )
6. a nightstand
7. several boxes
8. bullet casings

Did I miss anything, or state anything that isn't correct ?
They took a nightstand!?

Think about it, why the pool? Why not the grocery store, Macdonalds, dance studio, school or Starbucks? Without some kind of evidence, police cannot just investigate every place Jayme has ever been.
Pool came to mind because I thought of staff and other visitors that day. It came to mind only bc the establishment commented on mom’s post. Could be someone working there was a friend of the family or could be just good customer relations. Who knows. It just stood out to me. And no, they can’t check everywhere she’s ever been.

why would it have to be revenge on someone in that household? could it be revenge on a other family member? seems the other family members that are left are suffering the most at this moment, we don't know about jayme though so I don't intend to discount what she may be going threw.

If you watch the WQOW interview from last night, the sheriff gets asked about a male liking Jayme. The sheriff doesn't say yes or no. He hesitates and says they are still looking into things.

So he is basically saying there may have been an unknown stalker who may have been obsessed with her and she may have been totally unaware?

So they are looking into that possibilty although after a month long investigation they havent found anything to support it?

If it was someone she knew and liked that person would be the first one that would have been located. Imo

They have had one of the highest amount of investigators on the ground investigating this case. Over 200 iirc.

They always start with those closest to the victims and then widen out if none of those are panning out.

Any supposed boyfriend of Jayme's would have been the very first one interviewed if they existed and imo they do not... even after a lengthy thorough month's long investigation.

They cant find someone who does not exist.

ETA....However I do understand if they are still trying to locate some unknown stalker who was stalking Jayme without her knowledge nor her parents knowledge.

Jmho

Last edited:
Has anyone here considered the idea that perhaps one of the Closses was having an affair ? I ask because I had never once even entertained the idea until a few days ago when Fitzgerald mentioned that he thought this crime occured in a very short space of time. So then, why did LE go back almost a week later and take the mattresses from the home ? Surely there wouldn't have been enough time for a sexual assault to have occurred, along with 2 violent murders , if this all went down as quickly as Fitzgerald seems to believe that it did.
Seems like this whole thing was thought through and planned. Meaning whoever done this knew the victims.

i don't post much here, but i've been with this thread since the beginning. i just saw that jennie-o was trending on twitter right now, for the salmonella outbreak. has anyone discussed that perhaps that is what made jayme ill enough to be hospitalized prior to her disappearance? and that with both parents working at the co., perhaps they were planning to sue? maybe this was a hit, and also why LE is so hush hush aka industry money. i know it doesn't fully explain why they would kidnap the girl, but nothing is explanatory about this strange case. :/

In 2015 there was an outbreak of Avian Flu which translated to 5.5m turkeys and chickens that died from the flu or were slaughtered because of it. At Jenny-O, 233 people were laid off.
Exclusive: U.S. boosts bird flu emergency funds as Hormel cuts jobs | Reuters

It’s been very difficult to learn anything about what James and Denise did at Jennie-O, whether James worked that day (now confirmed that he did) and what they did at the Barron plant. Locals are very protective of their jobs, for obvious reasons. Jennie-O is the biggest employer in the area.

News of the current nationwide outbreak of Salmonella Reading (Reading is the strain that affects turkeys) is occurring right before the biggest sales cycle in the industry. People have landed in the hospital, one person has died from Salmonella Reading in California. One contracts Salmonella from consuming the product, working with the product or living with someone who works with the product.

Naming a supplier directly leaves that supplier vulnerable to recalls (lost sales) and lawsuits. It’s also a political football as the USDA is being asked why (until 11/15/18) suppliers have not been identified until now.

Edited to provide following:
Salmonella Reading previously tracked from November 2017-October 2018, CDC reported zero cases in WI. Highest number of cases were in in MN where there are four Jennie-O plants as well as pet food manufacturers that use raw turkey.

Link to site that addresses why the USDA did not previously source(s) of Salmonella Reading (lots of politics at work, folks):
Turkey salmonella outbreak: USDA explains why it is not releasing brand names

Last edited:
I have no clue why but this whole case seems strange. Maybe human trafficking? I mean she's in that age range that they like to target.
Though possible, I don’t think it is very likely. Human trafficking victims are far more likely to be gradually groomed, rather than kidnapped via multiple murders.

In the end, kidnapping a victim bring far more local, state and federal police involvement than is worth. This is especially so as there are probably enough victims already available by the grooming approach.

In short, had trafficking been a motive, I think the police report would read: BOLO for JC, run away, last seen at home on such date, known social media contacts with Jason Badnews, Badnews has arrests for drug possession and is associated with organized prostitution, last known address is Portland.... .

Last edited:
If you make a comment about verified new information, could you please post a link ? I keep hearing certain information (can't say what) repeated here, and when I ask for clarification, I get warning points for repeating rumors. Some of us don't follow sm or other sleuthing sites, so we honestly don't know if this is new information or rumor.

Help your fellow posters out...post msm links, please.
Ditto!
Trying to catch up on this thread. Very hard. Links to info posted missing, response posts lacking quote being referred to missing. Very confusing to follow. Is the quote button not working again?

NZ man 'flew to US to attack teen girl'

A New Zealand man flew to the US state of Virginia and was shot after trying to break into the home of a teenage girl whom he met online, police say.

Troy George Skinner, 25, was shot in the neck by the girl's mother after smashing his way through a glass door.

Goochland County Sheriff James Agnew said the man was also armed with a knife, duct tape and pepper spray.

He travelled over 8,500 miles (13,500km) after the girl stopped speaking to him online, police say.

To me, that is the theory that makes the most sense. It's difficult to reconcile that theory with the fact that Fitzgerald has said that nothing was taken from the house, but I can see a scenario in which violent home invaders came looking to steal something, and simply couldn't get into a locked gun safe, or took something from the home that LE isn't even aware of, or simply lost control of the scene from the moment they kicked in the door and didn't have time to continue to look for valuables. As to the question of why they might have taken a 13 year old girl...I can also find logical explanations for that in a random home invasion scenario. Perhaps they felt they couldn't risk another gunshot being heard after realizing someone had called 911...perhaps they had a more sinister reason for taking her.

I get the distinct impression that the person or persons who did this weren't exactly planning for things to go the way they did. I see a complete loss of control of the victims and the crime scene. Not exactly a well executed crime, imo.

Although if their intention all along was to kill the parents and take Jayme, plus leave very little evidence at the scene then it was indeed a very well executed crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52