AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot about theory #1 listed above. It appears to me that crimes listed on the Tribal FB that are committed on tribal land are handled only by the tribal police. There may be some interaction by LE groups, but I wonder exactly how much? Are Barron LE free to search their jurisdiction ? Do they interact fully?
There are cases throughout America where some areas base their laws on their beliefs and even have their own type of police groups. Main stream LE tend to back off these areas. Therefore , it would be easy to hide someone. Jennie -O employs a lot of people-not all local. Many different connections there. JMO.
FBI has jurisdiction on tribal lands. If there was any need to involve law enforcement above the local tribal police it would be the FBI.

I know. You suggested that it is possible to take a boat, and I'm wondering what happens when they land at the marina. Does the murderer then steal a car?
I guess that would depend if they had a plan and connections. HT is a serious problem in Michigan with major highways and waterways that allow easy access to borders. As I mentioned, I was replying to your original post and though this isn't the direction I am leaning I would be amiss in ruling anything out.

That might work for leaving the country or traveling without crossing a border. When entering another country, children either have to be included on a parent's passport or have their own passport. Without a passport and proof that the child is supposed to be with the adult, entry into all countries, including the US, is barred.
Yes, I meant to say that children under 18 flying throughout the US don’t need photo ID.

On the dispatch entry it says 'the door had been kicked in and the male down had answered the door'. I wonder why James didn't arm himself with one of his guns when he heard this commotion at the door? If someone was trying to break in wouldn't he have grabbed his gun before going to see what was happening?
This suggests to me James wasn't involved in anything "nefarious" leading up to this night, ie gambling debt, whistle blowing, drug deals, jealous husband etc. In other words, he wasn't on hyper alert or expecting a murderer to come knocking....if in fact the perp knocked at all.

I believe it was a targeted, blitz attack with the sole purpose of abducting Jayme. I can't think it was an online older boyfriend, rather some psycho or registered SO that is local (within 50 miles) who perhaps is on the periphery of the family/extended family or who may have seen her in dance, church, or cross country activities. IDK, MOO

UPDATE * 7:55 p.m. * The stand-off ended peacefully shortly after 7:40 p.m. and the suspects have surrendered and are now in custody. **

SWAT team, bomb squad and US Marshals on scene of standoff in York Co.

For what it’s worth... the suspects have surrendered. It is likely only a sideline for this important case, but I have been paying attention.

"ADVISED OF A POSSIBLE SUICIDE ATTEMPT" was how it was dispatched. That didn't come from first responders.

I don't think it was shocked reaction coming from the dispatcher. I firmly believe something led the 911 dispatcher to believe it was a possible suicide call.
Simply not true at all. Read the 911 log. Page 7 (Radio log). The classification of the call at time of each and every unit is listed - all the entries with "(dispatched)" in them. The call went out as a 911 Hang up.

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/barron+county+call+log.pdf

I can't believe how many times this has to be debunked on these threads - even more than once on the same thread.

Anyone else glued to the York CountySC situation? Suspects are in custody. No names yet. No info about a third party with them.
I know it’s a long shot, but hopeful. Hoping for a miracle for Jayme.
Anyway...names are out of those taken into custody and they are not those who are said to be possibly connected. Appears unrelated.

LOL. I think if you remove the battery, the phone is dead, and that is the only way to be sure it is not tracked.

You also are not required to have the GPS locator turned on unless you want it.

Also, some IP addresses are not unique. There are static IP addresses and there are rotating IP addresses. It depends.
GPS in cell phones if the phone has one (almost all of them do) can not be turned off. It is a passive receiver as that is how GPS works. GPS location data is sent to the towers and on to the phone network companies. You can prevent Apps from accessing your location but you can't prevent your phone from sending your location to the phone companies. This location information is critical to 911 calls from cell phones and also so the phone company can know that your phone is in motion such as when you are driving. Otherwise the phone companies would not be able to switch your call, for example, - without dropping it - to the next tower as you are moving. Or the phone company wouldn't be able to route a call to your phone (someone calling you) if the phone company didn't know where your phone is, and thus what tower to route through, to make that happen.

It isn't magic how that happens. The phone company needs to know where the phone is and that is why phone companies have that location information in the first place. It is your phone that knows and determines its location and sends that to the towers. There is a process to do it in reverse where the phone company can attempt to ping a phone but that is only done to assist law enforcement, or 911 centers, to try to locate a phone but this is the exception not how phone location data comes about.

IP addresses are ephemeral and rather useless. MAC addresses are globally unique and each phone has one. However, those can be spoofed.

What is used to track phones down, on the other hand, are two other identifiers called the IMEI and IMSI. The IMEI is the globally unique identifier of the handset itself and the IMSI is the globally unique identifier of the Sim Card. With this information the phone company is aware if you swap Sim Cards, for example. Such identifiers are passed, along with the phones location, when the cell phone pings a tower which happens about once a minute or so.

Also, IMEI and IMSI are used to authenticate a phone to the cellular network. Your phone can't function without that authentication and that authentication happens automatically and is not subject to user control - that is, you can't turn it off or stop it in any way. Every time you switch to another tower the authentication happens. It also happens periodically even when you don't switch towers because towers drop idle phones when adjusting for capacity.

Simply not true at all. Read the 911 log. Page 7 (Radio log). The classification of the call at time of each and every unit is listed - all the entries with "(dispatched)" in them. The call went out as a 911 Hang up.

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/barron+county+call+log.pdf

I can't believe how many times this has to be debunked on these threads - even more than once on the same thread.

Thank you. There is no rational explanation for the never ending references to suicide. It pops up in one context only to be swatted down and next thing you know there it is again. Why????

Thank you. There is no rational explanation for the never ending references to suicide. It pops up in one context only to be swatted down and next thing you know there it is again. Why????

Because various media outlets have it worded or reported in incorrect ways. Unless you look at the log and see it directly it’s an easy mistake to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname