AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
But, no mention of the para-profesional who worked with Jayme. I would like to know more about her, and her insights. She was obviously very close to the family.

What are you talking about? Jayme has no special needs. She has an aunt who was her "caretaker" on school paperwork so that Jayme could go to her school of choice. Under Wisconsin law you can send your kids to a school outside their district if it is for childcare reasons. Jayme may have been picked up from school by her aunt sometimes in the past. When the Aunt moved to Barron Jayme had to change schools back to the one that was in the district she lived in. It means nothing else IMO.

I'm going with meaningless. By Oct 15 they had already had their first snowfall in Barron, WI. Therefore, it was probably no big deal to get out the winter decorations. Some people may wait until after Halloween or after Thanksgiving to bring out the snowmen. I had my Christmas wreaths out before Thanksgiving this year. I live in a warmer climate now but I love snow and I would probably have my winter items out at the first snowfall if I lived in Wisconsin too. JMO.
I know of people that keep their Christmas decorations up all year long. Some don't even take their trees down.

What are you talking about? Jayme has no special needs. She has an aunt who was her "caretaker" on school paperwork so that Jayme could go to her school of choice. Under Wisconsin law you can send your kids to a school outside their district if it is for childcare reasons. Jayme may have been picked up from school by her aunt sometimes in the past. When the Aunt moved to Barron Jayme had to change schools back to the one that was in the district she lived in. It means nothing else IMO.

Good, I thought I'd missed something!

<modsnip - quoted post and reference to it removed>

The Closs house has what is called a walk out basement.

There are houses built in the 70’s and 80’s that are split level. Go up to the main floor or down to the basement . Half up and half down. Those are out of favor.

Housing decelopments are the same everywhere now. Addendum A, B,C depending on what one can afford.

Drop someone off blindfolded and they won’t know if they are in WI or California.

Of course the developments were cookie cutter back in the 50’s and 60’s as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good, I thought I'd missed something!

I mean, I'm only assuming that the whole caretaker thing is what is being suggested. I don't know of any "para-professional" connected to the family at all. Just because the odd phrase "family caretaker" was used people have made up a lot of crazy theories-- the question on whether Jayme was "special needs" has been brought up a lot. The answer has always been the same-- no. If she had any disabilities we would know about them and LE would have put that in the Amer Alert. JMO.

Sheriff f says whole town been gracious and cooperated.. a lot of ws speak of person or people that might have substance problem and reason for revenge...

Are we lumping those in as found ??
Found and cooperative ??
Reluctantly cooperative ??

I know we can’t mention names...
or if that ave was verified dead end.??
Still viable possibility??

<modsnip - quoted post and reference to it removed>

Do we know the approximate age of the Closs home? With the garage on the basement floor, I am wondering how much of that basement was garage? It could possibly all be garage/utility/laundry/storage. I have wondered if someone could have hidden down there and laid in wait for them to come home. Off the wall a bit and based on nothing but my mind wandering.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Jayme was the target and the plan was to abduct her, mabe this was done at the home deliberately (with the parents present and killed). Because the parents might have had a strong feeling about who the perb would be (of even known for sure) if she had been abducted during the day when she was by herself.

why does the layout matter? are we trying to figure out if someone was hid in a basement? if so why was front door damaged? or are we trying to fig out time in house and the layout effects that? I am trying to understand. as for the physical house I would like to know how that cabinet didn't get damaged and how everything on it that is so white is still so white after father shot right there.

The snowmen are curious as there had not been Halloween yet,

Did they stop at a store on the way home from the party ? Did they stop and get the snowmen from someone? Was she going to give them to someone?

Of course, it may be totally meaningless

Somehow I feel like I remember reading something early on that said something about Denise's mother (not sure if it was connected to her mother's death or not in that the snowmen belonged to her mother or someone gave them to Denise as a gift to remember her mother or something similar) and a connection to the snowmen. I know it was talked aout somehow. I don't believe she had just purchased them.

Last edited:
why does the layout matter? are we trying to figure out if someone was hid in a basement? if so why was front door damaged? or are we trying to fig out time in house and the layout effects that? I am trying to understand. as for the physical house I would like to know how that cabinet didn't get damaged and how everything on it that is so white is still so white after father shot right there.

Thanks so much 1987. I was wondering the same thing. So many questions are the result.

So where was the perp standing or kicking the door in, while shooting?

Wouldn't that cabinet and or the knick-knacks on it be a shattered mess if the line of fire was from the door, straight across the room, coming at that wall?

Where was James standing then, when he was first hit? In front of the door? Seems unlikely. To the side of the door?
So, then, did he fall to the left, or to the right, when he was wounded?
Was he shot again, while on the ground, again, resulting in no bullets hitting that cabinet?

"Multiple rounds spent"....where were these "multiple rounds" found in relation to that cabinet?

Obviously, the gun was not shooting directly straight across their modest living room into the wall and hitting the cabinet.

So what direction were the bullets coming from? and going to?

the way I see it either it was a small cal handgun that IMO would just not have the stopping power to drop someone right there (I know someone that shot themselves in the head with a 22 and it done so little damage that they got up and found their phone called for help and stayed conscious threw it all), or a smaller shotgun that again I don't think would have dropped someone right there and dead instantly or it was a larger cal handgun that would likely do its damage and maybe drop someone right there and go on threw and damage that cabinet or it was like a 12ga shotgun that would almost certainly have the knock down and immediate death but would have also certainly have damaged the cabinet. I cant see how father was dead right there and snowman is still so white and clean. has puzzled me from first I seen the pic with the cabinet just inside door with all the glass and white stuff. I can see that some injuries wouldn't have just a huge pool of blood, but so little that nothing is broken and still so clean and white?

the way I see it either it was a small cal handgun that IMO would just not have the stopping power to drop someone right there (I know someone that shot themselves in the head with a 22 and it done so little damage that they got up and found their phone called for help and stayed conscious threw it all), or a smaller shotgun that again I don't think would have dropped someone right there and dead instantly or it was a larger cal handgun that would likely do its damage and maybe drop someone right there and go on threw and damage that cabinet or it was like a 12ga shotgun that would almost certainly have the knock down and immediate death but would have also certainly have damaged the cabinet. I cant see how father was dead right there and snowman is still so white and clean. has puzzled me from first I seen the pic with the cabinet just inside door with all the glass and white stuff. I can see that some injuries wouldn't have just a huge pool of blood, but so little that nothing is broken and still so clean and white?
Yes 1987. This is Very good, logical analysis.

Would have to agree with you on all points.

(So sorry this is so graphic....) It makes one wonder, ...... what was the sequence of events in the commission of the crime in the living room there? Where was most of the blood evidence left? To one side or the other, of the door? On the floor, ....or, the walls on either side of the door? It wasn't on the cabinet, apparently.

Some sleuths said that LE was cleaning the steps outside, from a few posts ago in this thread, as per a photo. Is that correct? Was that where some blood ended up, ......on the front steps? Very confusing. Would that mean the perp stormed the front door, and fought with James. In the scuffle, maybe ....James was then shot when he was partly outside on the steps?

Amateur speculation only.

Sheriff f says whole town been gracious and cooperated.. a lot of ws speak of person or people that might have substance problem and reason for revenge...

Are we lumping those in as found ??
Found and cooperative ??
Reluctantly cooperative ??

I know we can’t mention names...
or if that ave was verified dead end.??
Still viable possibility??
There are people with warrants out—if we could find warrant lists for all surrounding counties, we would see those who couldn’t have been cooperative because they aren’t being found. So if he says everyone “in town” has been cooperative, that leaves out a lot of people in the rest of the county and next counties over, like Rusk.

Yes 1987. This is Very good, logical analysis.

Would have to agree with you on all points.

(So sorry this is so graphic....) It makes one wonder, ...... what was the sequence of events in the commission of the crime in the living room there? Where was most of the blood evidence left? To one side or the other, of the door? On the floor, ....or, the walls on either side of the door? It wasn't on the cabinet, apparently.

Some sleuths said that LE was cleaning the steps outside, from a few posts ago in this thread, as per a photo. Is that correct? Was that where some blood ended up, ......on the front steps? Very confusing. Would that mean the perp stormed the front door, and fought with James. In the scuffle, maybe ....James was then shot when he was partly outside on the steps?

Amateur speculation only.
the pics I seen about clean up looked to me that a sprayer was being prepped on the steps. my guess would be a chemical to deal with the biohazard that was in the house after they were killed. I don't think there was blood on the steps but who knows.

moo. I think father wasn't immediately at door, that door was broken in and he was confronted off to the side. maybe just near enough that le thought he was in process of getting towards door. or maybe it was a smaller cal and he lived long enough to move on toward door at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eric.joel.rondo.sanchez