AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just posted on Barron County Sheriff's Department FB Page:
As we approach the holiday's I want to remind everyone that we continue to follow up on tips and work on this case. As families get to together over the next week we ask that you continue to look for behavior or routine changes in people. There is a tip our there! It’s been 68 days since Jayme Closs went missing from her home. She is 13 years old and someone knows something. Maybe you don’t want to make that call because you are friends or family with the suspect. Do Jayme a favor this Christmas and call the tip line with your information. Barron County tip line 855-744-3879 or email jaymetips@co.barron.wi.us.

Thank you all for the support and help on this case. Keep Believing and Never Give up Hope!

Happy Holidays
Sheriff Fitzgerald

I read there were at least 2 vehicles of interest. Any news on that topic? It seems not likely to me that there is no trace of any kind there. Did they find the owners of the vehicles they've seen on the surveillance/traffic cams? If Jayme didn't want to go, then there had to be some fight until the person got her to the vehicle he/she was with. If she was dragged then there must've been some trace on the ground. In cases like this we're always told that "it is the perfect family", that "(s)he is a caring, loving child" only to find out later that things were not as bright as it was depicted by relatives and friends.

To me it just doesn't looks like a revenge kind of crime, because in those cases you either kill everybody or you leave the person alive to suffer. In this case Jayme seems to be the obvious target. I couldn't find any information about what communication devices had Jayme access to. This might be a good thing tho, since LE might be looking into it and they don't want to reveal too much. Then the Blaze Bernstein case comes to my mind where they released the information that he was talking to that garbage of a human being on Snapchat the night he disappeared.

They either have something to work with and don't want to reveal it, or they are just as lost as we are. It's hard to solve a crime when you don't see or can't find a motive.

I've read that some of you think she might get sold or something. No one in that "industry" likes high profile cases, or cases with too much media coverage. That's a huge risk for those involved and they usually (to my knowledge) don't take it.

Last edited:
Sleuths it is nearly Christmas, I think we all have families to look after and make the Xmas magic happen. I sincerely hope Jayme will be found and returned to her family alive safe and sound. Can I take the time to wish fellow Web-sleuths a merry Christmas and a Happy and Peaceful New Year?

MM

Just posted on Barron County Sheriff's Department FB Page:
As we approach the holiday's I want to remind everyone that we continue to follow up on tips and work on this case. As families get to together over the next week we ask that you continue to look for behavior or routine changes in people. There is a tip our there! It’s been 68 days since Jayme Closs went missing from her home. She is 13 years old and someone knows something. Maybe you don’t want to make that call because you are friends or family with the suspect. Do Jayme a favor this Christmas and call the tip line with your information. Barron County tip line 855-744-3879 or email jaymetips@co.barron.wi.us.

Thank you all for the support and help on this case. Keep Believing and Never Give up Hope!

Happy Holidays
Sheriff Fitzgerald

A 911 call with at least one of the victims heard on it alive, a rapid response (within single digit minutes!) that night from patrol, and just a day or two later - TWO cars on video that are more than probably related to the crime - and yet the Sheriff is relegated to posting a rather cheesy (and desperate) holiday-themed plea on social media. Just downright sad, IMO.

Hmm.

I'm not familiar with Spillman reporting. The log printed for the Closs call was an interesting summary report. However, most systems have copies of incidents readily available to dispatch from say 6 months to a year (sometimes longer). All calls should be sent to records and searchable database storage by the day after the call is closed(automated transfer, usually around midnight). There should be an interface to easily access and print/distribute those stored calls.

My guess is that the reports written for the old system have not been modified/rewritten for Spillman.

I did a screen shot of the dispatch logs.

Sleuths it is nearly Christmas, I think we all have families to look after and make the Xmas magic happen. I sincerely hope Jayme will be found and returned to her family alive safe and sound. Can I take the time to wish fellow Web-sleuths a merry Christmas and a Happy and Peaceful New Year?

MM
BBM
Absolutely and you (and all) as well.

I feel so badly for the Closs family, a not so very Merry Christmas this year for them, but maybe some questions will be answered and information shared that will bring Jayme home.

That statement threw me off too because I at least expected family to have been there at some point in the recent time. I also would have thought Jayme would have had friends over. I wasnt sure how to take the statement, other than thinking the only dna found were from the 3 residents. ? However, it does toss out a few rumors that were circulating.

How would LE determine if the family had any visitors in their home? Or if Jayme had any friends over? Ask the neighbors if they had noticed anyone visiting? Friends or family spending the night? Anyone stopping by that day? That weekend? That month?

The neighbors that said they didn’t even know a child lived there weren’t very observant, would they have noticed if someone visited the Closs family? Or if a friend or family member spent the night there?

If LE had asked Denise’s family members if they knew of anyone visiting James, Denise, or Jayme, how would they know? I am sure my family members don’t know who might come into my home from time to time.

How about a plumber, electrician, cable guy, repairman?

How would LE determine if the family had any visitors in their home? Or if Jayme had any friends over? Ask the neighbors if they had noticed anyone visiting? Friends or family spending the night? Anyone stopping by that day? That weekend? That month?

The neighbors that said they didn’t even know a child lived there weren’t very observant, would they have noticed if someone visited the Closs family? Or if a friend or family member spent the night there?

If LE had asked Denise’s family members if they knew of anyone visiting James, Denise, or Jayme, how would they know? I am sure my family members don’t know who might come into my home from time to time.

How about a plumber, electrician, cable guy, repairman?

one of many questions, how would they know and why say there wasn't if they didn't know. lack of any dna or fingerprints that didn't belong to just the three? I have no idea. was a strange statement from LE. I can only guess they understand it better than I do.

Stinky, dirty in the car. No thank you very much.

It is interesting to hear other’s views on it. So, people may leave work with the stink

I have a germ paranoia, I don't know if I would be more worried about turkey germs or shower at work germs. for me I just don't think I could work there. with protective gear I don't know if anything would get in to street clothes though. same thing with nothing left in their home, with protective gear, might not be nothing left behind. killer would have to be very careful to not have anything on the outside of gear but I think it could be done with just a very basic understanding of cross contamination.

the more I think about it protective gear and a understanding of how to not leave any evidence could be why jayme was taken away to do whatever their intentions were, to do more than take her they would likely have to not have protective gear on.

Rather go home than sharing a public shower with people unknown, That's just personal choice nothing more.

mm

It would depend on how dirty I got at work. I would not want to risk getting chicken blood and guts in my car.

I briefly worked as an inspector in an automotive parts supplier plant. The employees who work in the Shell Core department were covered in foul-smelling burnt sand by the time they ended their shifts. There was no option for them but to shower and dispose of their coverings before they went home.

I’m interested to learn what the uncle/cousin was thinking when in the interview of the aunts and he had the look of “things that make you go hun”, it seems as if he was instinctively drawn toward a piece of information to which we are not privy.

Only slightly redirecting shower talk

Has there been a discussion of James's cell? We know Jayme's was plugged in, and Denise's was used to call 911. What about James's phone?

I haven’t seen much discussion regarding James in general. Multiple reports regarding Denise and Jayme on the day of the murders but information on James seems to be scarce.

I would like to hear what each family member did all weekend. Any visits to unusual places, met anyone new, any clashes or arguments with any friend, family member, coworker, acquaintance, stranger at the gas station, road rage, etc?

With Denise and James dead and Jayme missing, how can they begin to learn everything that could have occurred and every place each family member was during the day, weekend, week, month before the crime?

Probably LE is relying on family members to fill in what information they know but I doubt if anyone knows much about the everyday places they went and people they encountered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ