AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm speaking of the one Sheriff F said was "major criminal activity".

Are you sure the arrest was the next day? I have it as Oct 31.

Ah, that was when additional charges filed I think. Spoke with him the next day, arrested Oct 17. That house does provide an interesting option on where the attack/escape could have started/happened.

I think the parents were the target and this was carried out by someone that loved and cared for Jayme. My theory would involve something that was said which spiralled out of control and led to this. I believe Jayme is a victim in this and in this scenario still alive and that is what we all pray for.

The lack of timeline for James, if he worked that day, what time he returned, was him working the reason for not attending the party. I think this is all really important for this case, not to mention the camera set up after. They must have felt someone may come back, why and who? Surely someone local.

I believe LE know or at least have a very good idea.

The family of missing kids always begs them to come home. I was watching The Lake Erie Murders yesterday and the mother in just about every interview before the body was found was begging her daughter to come home. I have seen it in a ton of missing persons cases. They always beg the missing person to just come home even when it is known to be an abduction. I believe Chris Watts also begged his wife to come home even though he had killed her and the two daughters.
When did it become fact that it was Jayme's mattress that was taken? As far as I saw no one said who it belonged to. It could have been from a spare room or a sofa bed for all we know. Maybe they were looking to see if anyone outside the immediate family had stayed at the home.

I was watching The Lake Erie Murders, too, and noted the same thing. I did wonder just how many other families have made the exact same plea. What a crazy case.

I think the parents were the target and this was carried out by someone that loved and cared for Jayme. My theory would involve something that was said which spiralled out of control and led to this. I believe Jayme is a victim in this and in this scenario still alive and that is what we all pray for.

The lack of timeline for James, if he worked that day, what time he returned, was him working the reason for not attending the party. I think this is all really important for this case, not to mention the camera set up after. They must have felt someone may come back, why and who? Surely someone local.

I’ve seen a few people ask about the camera, it could just be that it is more cost effective to put it there than pay an officer to sit there while it’s unsecured (no working door), or still a semi active crime scene that may draw rubber neckers. I don’t know that’s the case, but it was my first thought.

I can too, but because of TOS.... I won't. It just seems like they would have to see if Jayme's voice would be confirmed as her being there, dunno'.

Maybe they know she was there some other way, such as the perp or a parent speaking to her, and don't need third-party confirmation. But still, if the family wants to hear the recording, it's weird that LE won't oblige them. They must have a reason.

@chili367 I read that it was a courtesy visit so LS wouldn't find out when she went into work that morning. Which makes the most sense to me. That address drove me crazy from the very first day they released the call log. I CCAP'd every person I found who has lived there, including the owners in MN.

Yep. That’s the interview. It’s been edited out. Hmmm...

Hey look! I can quote again!!!! I haven't been able to for over a month!!

It wouldn't surprise me. So much has been edited out, including written stories. If you dig deep into some of the local WI news sites you can still find old videos/articles within their news pages.

But I am done watching Paul Blume interviews today. That guy has the worst voice IMO. Reminds me of Access Hollywood news. :p

The requirements for a correctional Officer in WI is interesting...wonder if the perp(s) has a background in military or le....look at the time constraints and weight they must carry. See below
-------
Wisconsin Requirements
Federal Correctional Officer Requirements

In order to join the Federal Bureau of Prisons at the GS-5 pay level, correctional officers must meet these minimum standards:

• Be a U.S. citizen
  • Have a criminal history without felony or serious misdemeanor convictions
  • Be between 20 and 37 years of age
  • Have a good financial history
  • Be able to perform these tasks
    • Climb a ladder and grasp an object in seven seconds or less
    • Run a quarter mile and handcuff an individual in two minutes and 35 seconds or less
    • Climb 108 stairs while carrying 20 pounds in 45 seconds or less
    • Run an obstacle course in 58 seconds or less
    • Drag a 75 pound dummy across 694 feet in three minutes or less

IMO, the picture of Jayme at the party looks like she rather be anywhere else but there. She just doesn't appear very happy.
Which pictures of Jayme were confirmed to be from the party? Are we talking about the Sunday party before the murders?

1. Someone who loved Jayme would not brutally murder her parents and take Jayme and hide her, preventing her from seeing her relatives and friends, and her dog. Not by my definition of love. Nothing suggests that there was anything Jayme needed to be saved from. We can surmise all kinds of things, sure, but none of it has any basis in fact (as far as we know).

2. LE hasn’t indicated that they’ve encountered any kind of problem in verifying James’s whereabouts. Just because they’ve chosen not to share that information with the GP doesn’t mean the issue is in doubt. If something turned up that was out of the ordinary, LE would be all over it. But they’re still at square one when it comes to a motive.

3. The camera, as someone already mentioned, probably was set up to spare LE the expense of having a deputy stationed at the house 24/7. It probably isn’t that unusual before a house has been released to a third party. Besides, if LE really was waiting for someone, they would have said nothing about the panty thief, thus blowing their cover.

Re: James' timeline, I think it's been widely reported that James was at work during the party and left at 11:00pm. I wonder if the perp(s) wanted him to be home before carrying out the crimes.

Re: James' timeline, I think it's been widely reported that James was at work during the party and left at 11:00pm. I wonder if the perp(s) wanted him to be home before carrying out the crimes.
Fact is, there has been no confirmation that James worked on that Sunday. None. The only confirmation is that relatives said Denise told them James was working, saying that is why he didn't attend the party. Just as easily could have been a case of James wanting to stay home and watch football that day, so Denise used the working story as an excuse.

Thanks! Unfortunately, I found those too - and neither one has the portion I was referring to where the brother implies he knows who did it. Has it been edited off the internet?
I vaguely recall mention of the brother's implication as well. If this is true, it would sure be interesting to hear about any followup on that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard